Author Topic: Cars.... How far have you went before getting a new one?  (Read 96844 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: Cars.... How far have you went before getting a new one?
« Reply #1600 on: April 17, 2024, 08:44:23 PM »
It was actually the kids from the other family sitting in the back of the Aerostar. Still, someone could have been killed!

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: April 17, 2024, 08:49:00 PM »
my irl best childhood vehicle memories are road tripping in a 1991 ford aerostar. i just don't know if future grown ups will talk wistfully about the 2024 hyundai palisade. maybe! but idk.
We had an Econoline. Had bucket seats that swiveled and you could pull up a spot in the carpet to implant a heavy ass table between the bucket seats. The 3rd row was a bench that pulled out into a (what seemed to me, I was young) big ass bed. Even had a wooden shelf in the back with a box tv on top, that just magically stayed in place, that I never remember working. Good times. 

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
Cars.... How far have you went before getting a new one?
« Reply #1602 on: April 17, 2024, 08:54:09 PM »
my irl best childhood vehicle memories are road tripping in a 1991 ford aerostar. i just don't know if future grown ups will talk wistfully about the 2024 hyundai palisade. maybe! but idk.
We had an Econoline. Had bucket seats that swiveled and you could pull up a spot in the carpet to implant a heavy ass table between the bucket seats. The 3rd row was a bench that pulled out into a (what seemed to me, I was young) big ass bed. Even had a wooden shelf in the back with a box tv on top, that just magically stayed in place, that I never remember working. Good times. 

Omg we had one too! Man, that thing made a family trip to Panama City, Florida every summer for over a decade. My dad would pack the cooler full of dr thunder and mountain lightning, stuff tasted like absolute ass. The first time one of us drank it we almost spit it out, but my dad was like it tastes great. Years later he told us he wanted to pour it out because it legit tasted like ass but he wanted to save money and put it towards the trip not $100 gas station stops. Great times.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: April 17, 2024, 08:56:31 PM »

Omg we had one too! Man, that thing made a family trip to Panama City, Florida every summer for over a decade. My dad would pack the cooler full of dr thunder and mountain lightning, stuff tasted like absolute ass. The first time one of us drank it we almost spit it out, but my dad was like it tastes great. Years later he told us he wanted to pour it out because it legit tasted like ass but he wanted to save money at put it towards the trip not $100 gas station stops. Great times.
That's hilarious. I think ours was around an '89. Also driven all over the country once a summer to spend more time driving than actually at the destination. No regrets tho frfr.

aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1604 on: April 18, 2024, 04:31:03 AM »
I'd forgotten about our family Chevy van but that was high school. The real memories were in the 1975 Oldsmobile station wagon. Nothing like climbing over the seat to get dad a cold drink so we could keep making good time.

Not actual photos of the vehicles dad owned but thank you for the trip down memory lane.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: April 18, 2024, 05:57:11 AM »
We were an suv family
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline stevedaveKSU

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: April 18, 2024, 07:16:09 AM »
Yukon Denali Ultimate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: April 18, 2024, 07:23:11 AM »
Oh yeah after the aerostar we got a yukon xl slt.  you already know it had 2nd row buckets 3rd row bench

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: April 18, 2024, 09:34:06 AM »
my friend’s dad had a conversion van with giant windows on the side and captain’s chairs in the back that had a chess table between them and a small built in couch.  chess is a very classy game and that was a very classy van.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: April 18, 2024, 09:49:42 AM »
Checkmate
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: April 18, 2024, 10:38:49 AM »
Wow ok I guess I'll be the chiefs one. We had a Mazda mpv. When you saw that Sears es-cargo strapped to the roof it was like when all of the power rangers did the thing.

Really sad fact: we were in that very van, December 1998, st Louis bound, when the transmission died a painful death so we had to be towed back to Wichita from like emporia I think. To this day I still hold the belief that had I made it to the game, my incredible enthusiasm and face paint would have been that extra bit to get us to the Natty.