Author Topic: Briles > Snyder  (Read 194854 times)

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
Re: Briles > Snyder
« Reply #400 on: February 01, 2016, 09:50:53 AM »
https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/693815220825886720

That shouldn't be that big of a surprise. After all they aren't that far removed from the basketball scandal. Crazy that a baptist school would have so many issues with this stuff.

That's  the exact reason why they have so many issues. They want to uphold this good Baptist image so they sweep everything under the rug to save face.

Hmmm...Christian zealots tend to have a higher rate of sex offenses and overall sexual deviance.  The players/coaches may not be zealots, but are governed by an institution led by zealots.  Only surprise is that this didn't come out earlier, or with more frequency.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 01, 2016, 09:51:49 AM »
I would like to hire a publicly shamed Briles.

I would, too, but Baylor doesn't have the moral fortitude to fire him.
I would not. I'd rather have oscar Weber coaching our football team than a guy that allows rapists on his team.

The coach's job is to win, period. He's not capable of stopping rape investigations without the full aid and support of Baylor. A coach should get the best players available and the school should balance that, just like K-State did when Snyder tried to get a murderer on his team.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #402 on: February 01, 2016, 10:10:26 AM »
^^^
This is how Penn State stuff happens and why it will almost certainly happen again. 

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 01, 2016, 10:16:43 AM »
come on, Art...  :frown:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 01, 2016, 10:36:14 AM »

I would not. I'd rather have oscar Weber coaching our football team than a guy that allows rapists on his team.

The coach's job is to win, period. He's not capable of stopping rape investigations without the full aid and support of Baylor. A coach should get the best players available and the school should balance that, just like K-State did when Snyder tried to get a murderer on his team.

Is that you, Art?

A coaches job is not "to win, period."  They have obligations to the university and to the players beyond just winning. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: February 01, 2016, 11:00:24 AM »
I think Baylor should lose their football program, but Art should still be allowed to coach without penalty. Penn State should have lost its program, too.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 01, 2016, 11:12:59 AM »

Pfffft no.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 01, 2016, 11:45:42 AM »
3 things:
1. Uni should never be the entity in charge of investigating anything.  Their police force should be parking ppl only.  Real actual police, from the muni that the uni exists in, should be the ppl that handle crime.  I have no idea how this is not the case everywhere.  I mean, WTF?  I get raped and I am going to tell my teacher?  eff that.  Call the cops.

2. there are plenty of ppl accused of plenty of things.  I don't necessarily think that anyone should be held out of anything unless there are significant signs that they were involved in the behavior they are accused of, or even charged. 

3. It isn't Briles' job to find evidence, weigh it, charge the kid, and dish out justice.  I mean, if someone came to him with an accusation, he should def report it and let the judicial system sort it out, but he should def not be part of the sorting out. 

One of the stupidest things in our country, when it comes to domestic and sexual violence, is that the entire dumbass country is comfy letting colleges police themselves as if they are part of the judicial.  So dumb.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 01, 2016, 11:58:35 AM »
3 things:
1. Uni should never be the entity in charge of investigating anything.  Their police force should be parking ppl only.  Real actual police, from the muni that the uni exists in, should be the ppl that handle crime.  I have no idea how this is not the case everywhere.  I mean, WTF?  I get raped and I am going to tell my teacher?  eff that.  Call the cops.

2. there are plenty of ppl accused of plenty of things.  I don't necessarily think that anyone should be held out of anything unless there are significant signs that they were involved in the behavior they are accused of, or even charged. 

3. It isn't Briles' job to find evidence, weigh it, charge the kid, and dish out justice.  I mean, if someone came to him with an accusation, he should def report it and let the judicial system sort it out, but he should def not be part of the sorting out. 

One of the stupidest things in our country, when it comes to domestic and sexual violence, is that the entire dumbass country is comfy letting colleges police themselves as if they are part of the judicial.  So dumb.

Yes.  I read the story and had to keep going back to the start and re-reading because I didn't understand why there was so much about how the university was resolving this crime among its students.

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 01, 2016, 03:12:11 PM »
3 things:

agreed. I'd add to number one that universities shouldn't be able to hire police officers from the city the university is located in. That would cut the incentive so many police chiefs have to play nice with the school until they can double dip on retirements.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 01, 2016, 03:28:13 PM »
There are plenty of MCMW things you can do that don't involve sweeping rape under the rug. eff Art Briles

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 01, 2016, 04:03:43 PM »
There are plenty of MCMW things you can do that don't involve sweeping rape under the rug. eff Art Briles
Exactly.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 01, 2016, 04:39:28 PM »
MakeItRain is awful quiet.  Remember when he was all "Briles is so adorable!" when Briles was doing his fake, good-old-boy act?  And how defensive he got when I told him Briles was a scumbag and that he was a tool for falling for that schtick.

I can no longer say this is the "tip of the iceberg," because that would diminish the rape incidents.  But there is plenty more disgusting stuff to come out of Waco involving Briles and Baylor.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 01, 2016, 05:05:17 PM »
you don't know anything

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 01, 2016, 06:39:51 PM »
you don't know anything

And you do, kitty cat? :whistle1:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 01, 2016, 10:19:12 PM »
MakeItRain is awful quiet.  Remember when he was all "Briles is so adorable!" when Briles was doing his fake, good-old-boy act?  And how defensive he got when I told him Briles was a scumbag and that he was a tool for falling for that schtick.

I can no longer say this is the "tip of the iceberg," because that would diminish the rape incidents.  But there is plenty more disgusting stuff to come out of Waco involving Briles and Baylor.

His appearance on Highly Questionable was definitely adorable, neither he nor any of his players committed rape on the show. He laughed with Papillion, it was great.

Offline TCUHornedFrog

• Cocaine is a helluva drug
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 23, 2016, 09:59:13 AM »
I told you guys that Art Briles was a piece of crap a long time ago.  Glad to see some of you come around.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 23, 2016, 10:44:25 AM »
Most all college coaches are pieces of crap in various ways, ya dummy.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 23, 2016, 11:22:37 AM »

At least saban, miles, bielema etc. are like "yeah, I am a huge piece of crap, so what?" and don't do the fake god squad crap like briles.

Offline TCUHornedFrog

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 23, 2016, 12:31:10 PM »

HCGMFP is perfect.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: February 23, 2016, 12:44:31 PM »
3 things:

Campus cops are commissioned law enforcement officers, like all cops.  They have to submit reports to the county or district court, like all cops (maybe municipal court, at times).  They don't have any incentives to hide crimes on campus, quite the opposite--they typically don't get a lot of violent crime cases, and tend to work them to get the harshest prosecution. 

KU is the one university that I've seen try to game the campus cops thing.  They hired the retiring Lawrence PD police chief so that he could snag police reports going to the DA, and I suspect he got them before the DA did.  THAT is the only law enforcement gap I've seen in campus police forces.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 23, 2016, 12:52:55 PM »

HCGMFP is perfect.
Fat, sweaty, and perpetually butthurt about something. Yep perfect.  :thumbsup:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 23, 2016, 01:47:11 PM »
if a pervasive lawless drug culture is what you're into, also perfect! :drool:

Offline TCUHornedFrog

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 23, 2016, 04:14:02 PM »

Fat, sweaty, and perpetually butthurt about something. Yep perfect.  :thumbsup:

Jealousy because he doesn't coach purple little brother doesn't mean he isn't perfect.

Offline TCUHornedFrog

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 23, 2016, 04:14:50 PM »
if a pervasive lawless drug culture is what you're into, also perfect! :drool:

HCGMFP isn't Art Briles.  He actually disciplines his football players and doesn't cover up crimes that they commit.