Author Topic: Post in this thread about memories of beating Mizzou in bball  (Read 4425 times)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Post in this thread about memories of beating Mizzou in bball
« on: November 23, 2015, 12:27:59 PM »
Man, oh man, playing Big 8 rival Missouri. I remember beating them A TON. What memories do you have?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Post in this thread about memories of beating Mizzou in bball
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 12:30:54 PM »
Oh man!  I love beating MU.  Love it. 

One of the best was one of the first MU home games with Frank where that one dumbass guard of theirs had said that CP3 was his cousin and CP3 was like  :dunno:, then everyone was making fun of him at the game.

Also, the year after that I think, we had that super physical game where there were something like 88 combined fts. 

MU basketball was always great for lolz.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 12:32:20 PM »
also, wasn't it against Mizzou where Jake went all "This is my motha rough ridin' house"? oh man i miss that.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 12:32:33 PM »
when their crazy KC Star beat writer got super angry at our PA guy for the way he said "BEEEEASSSLEEEEYYYYYYY"
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 12:32:59 PM »
when their crazy KC Star beat writer got super angry at out PA guy for the way he said "BEEEEASSSLEEEEYYYYYYY"

:love: YES!! oh yes man that was great.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 12:33:20 PM »
we thrashed them in 2009 or 2010 at home when we weren't really expected to.  maybe it was a whiteout game?  i sat high in the corner of the student section.

a different game, parrot something or other from this board posted mike dixon's phone number and there was a big todo about it that garnered some press.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 12:35:02 PM »
i remember getting in line pretty early for the saturday home game in '11. it was pretty cold, got pretty pak'd, and jake got us out to like a 10-0 lead. the OOD was pumping. also i was so pak'd that i kept wandering into the aisle while celebrating and almost got kicked out like ten times.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 12:35:13 PM »
the Huggins home game comeback was increds, right in Stefon Hannah's soon to be broken face

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2015, 12:35:45 PM »
we thrashed them in 2009 or 2010 at home when we weren't really expected to.  maybe it was a whiteout game?  i sat high in the corner of the student section.

a different game, parrot something or other from this board posted mike dixon's phone number and there was a big todo about it that garnered some press.

these are great memories. The Mizzou game was usually a top 3 or 5 game in the student section.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2015, 12:36:55 PM »
when their crazy KC Star beat writer got super angry at our PA guy for the way he said "BEEEEASSSLEEEEYYYYYYY"

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2015, 12:38:02 PM »
Josh Reid hit a bunch of threes and we scored over 100 points during a post Christmas break game with like 2-3K in attendance.

Was great.

Then the Cats lost by like 20 in Columbia later in the year.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2015, 12:40:41 PM »

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2015, 12:41:06 PM »

omg  :lol:
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Prince McJunkins

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2015, 12:42:11 PM »
Beating them in their place in '11 was pretty sweet.
That Angel to JO oop  :love:

The Big Train

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2015, 12:42:16 PM »

i remember getting in line pretty early for the saturday home game in '11. it was pretty cold, got pretty pak'd, and jake got us out to like a 10-0 lead. the OOD was pumping. also i was so pak'd that i kept wandering into the aisle while celebrating and almost got kicked out like ten times.

This was a very memorable game for me, because I went to the cotton bowl with a couple people and we left as soon as the game was over and drove back to Manhattan because one of them had to work this game

The Big Train

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2015, 12:43:06 PM »

This was a very memorable game for me, because I went to the cotton bowl with a couple people and we left as soon as the game was over and drove back to Manhattan because one of them had to work this game

I was off by a year but we still won that game too!

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2015, 12:47:05 PM »

This was the Dixon phone number game.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2015, 12:48:09 PM »
When K-State was fighting for their tornament lives the year Tom took us to the dance (96), we played Mizzou in the OOD late in the season. Cats' bigman Ty Davis goes down early in the 2nd half and things look bleak. Then with under 10 left, Ty runs out of the tunnel with a freshly taped ankle and gives high fives to the entire front row of the student section (including myself) as he runs back to the bench (student section was behind the benches in those days). Cats went on to win and make the dance, it was great.

The Big Train

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2015, 12:49:14 PM »

This was the Dixon phone number game.

Oh man, I forgot about that! I enjoyed that tremendously :lol:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2015, 12:55:41 PM »
http://www.greghallkc.com/index.php/otc-mus-michael-dixon-uses-twitter-antlers-to-battle-k-state-texters/
I would suggest that the next time the recruiting chair and vice president of the Delta Upsilon fraternity at Kansas State devises a plan to text the opposition, he entrust the services of a few on-campus IT nerds. Go see any Mission Impossible movie and you’ll immediately know that you don’t send a direct communication without bouncing it off an alternate server or three.
:lol:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2015, 01:00:08 PM »
When frank stared down sprads for missing a free throw
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2015, 02:16:41 PM »
Great Thread SW.

So many great games. The Jake "This is my mother rough ridin' house" game. Stephan Hannah's loser baby face game. Lance Harris going off in CoMo. The 2011 game in CoMo is my favorite. I was there and it was glorious. Also they have a very pud student section, even when good.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2015, 02:18:47 PM »
This is my MF house was against kansas guys

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2015, 02:19:52 PM »
The last time we played them in Columbia, when they were a 2 seed, we beat them and DOB just DOB'd all damn day. Man I miss JO

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2015, 02:38:24 PM »
Josh Reid hit a bunch of threes and we scored over 100 points during a post Christmas break game with like 2-3K in attendance.

Was great.

Then the Cats lost by like 20 in Columbia later in the year.
I had my 13th birthday party at this game :D