Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3992420 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #15800 on: March 06, 2015, 09:07:27 AM »
you know what they should do on each level of the terraces? roll out high school gymy type bleachers, that's what. only roll them out for the biggest of games for a couple extra thousand seats.

and we can put KSU on them.

This is an excellent idea. Except maybe instead of KSU we can put FTB?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15801 on: March 06, 2015, 09:12:05 AM »
I don't think that is the Limestone wall we all have been waiting for.

Well, it doesn't have the limestone affixed to it yet, but I think that's probably the wall - given how close it is to the field.

I'm not denying it will be a limestone wall, but just not the East/West/South side we have been excited about for the past 3 years.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15802 on: March 06, 2015, 09:13:59 AM »
man, this wall is just so exciting. 

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15803 on: March 06, 2015, 09:14:57 AM »
man, this wall is just so exciting. 

setting up perfectly for a limestone tarp.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #15804 on: March 06, 2015, 09:15:13 AM »
Question: Are those front row seats going to be so high up/close to the back of the end zone that they can't see all of the end zone? Because that would be very Nebraska'y. Hard to tell though, because it's pretty grainy. Any elite insider cats able to answer that one?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15805 on: March 06, 2015, 09:15:25 AM »
I'm not denying it will be a limestone wall, but just not the East/West/South side we have been excited about for the past 3 years.

Right.  this wall will certainly not be the East/West/South side wall.  Because... it's in the north endzone.   

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15806 on: March 06, 2015, 09:16:24 AM »
Question: Are those front row seats going to be so high up/close to the back of the end zone that they can't see all of the end zone? Because that would be very Nebraska'y. Hard to tell though, because it's pretty grainy. Any elite insider cats able to answer that one?

periscopes. 

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15807 on: March 06, 2015, 09:17:17 AM »

Right.  this wall will certainly not be the East/West/South side wall.  Because... it's in the north endzone.

Sure, but I think the rest of the walls were supposed to be in the plans prior to 2015 season.  So I thought you were getting us excited about that.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #15808 on: March 06, 2015, 09:18:59 AM »
that limestone looks too yellowy. i hope i'm wrong but man.

i've got to think it's the exact same limestone used on WSC.  But, yeah, looks yellow. 

Beginning of the field wall? 

Unlike the renderings, it appears they've left a couple of stairsteps down to field level for the NEZ'ers in case of a need for a field rush.

:weirdrobert:
bears are fast...

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15809 on: March 06, 2015, 09:28:02 AM »
Ya know, if that mega stud John Currie pulls off this whole thing, dare I say, one of the nicest stadiums in all of college football will be at K-State?

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15810 on: March 06, 2015, 09:35:14 AM »
Ya know, if that mega stud John Currie pulls off this whole thing, dare I say, one of the nicest stadiums in all of college football will be at K-State?

Nice stadium in a large hole in the ground surrounded by sheep and pastures. 

If JC can pull off east side reno/facelift and south side additions with Bram upgrades, I think we will have one of the nicest facilities in NCAA.  Add a HoF/Hotel on SW stadium/West Bram and it would be hard find something nicer. 

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15811 on: March 06, 2015, 10:02:11 AM »

I would say you're right.

In all honesty, if they ever get it done, simply running the turf all the way out to a nice limestone wall around the field would do wonders for the stadium aesthetically. That, and with the completion of the north, it's corners, and videoboard updates, I'd say we're an east side upgrade/rebuild away from being one of/if not THE best of smaller stadiums in the country.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15812 on: March 06, 2015, 10:37:06 AM »
i'm still hoping that new vanier isn't so gigantically tall that it interrrupts views of the setting 

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15813 on: March 06, 2015, 10:40:01 AM »
i'm still hoping that new vanier isn't so gigantically tall that it interrrupts views of the setting

well, I don't know how to put this, but you're going to want to sit down for what i'm about to tell you...

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15814 on: March 06, 2015, 10:43:11 AM »

well, I don't know how to put this, but you're going to want to sit down for what i'm about to tell you...

would be a major boost for those upper east side seats if true. like, yeah they're high and windy but you still get views of the setting.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #15815 on: March 06, 2015, 10:48:52 AM »

would be a major boost for those upper east side seats if true. like, yeah they're high and windy but you still get views of the setting.

If that development goes in to the North of the stadium, that plus the horizon at sunset for night games will just be so hard to beat.

I loved sitting in the East UD.  The views were awesome.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15816 on: March 06, 2015, 11:04:18 AM »
last time I sat up in the east UD I could see deer and antelope playing out in the distance, it was truly breathtaking.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15817 on: March 06, 2015, 11:05:19 AM »
Am I the only one who drew the conclusion from that photo that the wall surrounding the field is actually going to be a faux limestone wall? I mean, I'm cool with faux limestone, but I figured you guys would freak out over it.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15818 on: March 06, 2015, 11:06:03 AM »

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15819 on: March 06, 2015, 11:08:33 AM »
woah

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15820 on: March 06, 2015, 11:11:43 AM »
Am I the only one who drew the conclusion from that photo that the wall surrounding the field is actually going to be a faux limestone wall? I mean, I'm cool with faux limestone, but I figured you guys would freak out over it.

i'm level 8 freaking out over it. the houses in my neighborhood have fake limestone that looks better.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15821 on: March 06, 2015, 11:17:34 AM »

My initial gut instinct is to not like it but I'm also not ready to have a meltdown over it either.  Faux limestone is only a step or two above Baylor's brick tarp.  Will need to see the finished product to make a better evaluation and who knows, maybe it will look decent and is something that will grow on me over time.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15822 on: March 06, 2015, 11:20:51 AM »
everyone freak out! it's going to suck!

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15823 on: March 06, 2015, 11:43:37 AM »

It had better be the same limestone vanier that is used on WSC.  otherwise, yes, I'll freak out over the K-Stateoness.   

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15824 on: March 06, 2015, 11:45:58 AM »
they probably plan on covering it up with KanEquip and Country Futures in Frankfort, KS signs so probably doesn't matter.