Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1028232 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #5352 on: October 18, 2017, 04:06:39 PM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5353 on: October 18, 2017, 04:07:41 PM »
I forgot all about that dude

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5354 on: October 18, 2017, 04:14:41 PM »
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/920739272105263106

That's mumped up if true

The call was in the summer, the guy got a letter too:
“I opened it up and read it, and I was hoping to see a check in there, to be honest,” the father said. “I know it was kind of far-fetched thinking. But I was like, ‘Damn, no check.’ Just a letter saying ‘I’m sorry.’ ”

So the Washington Post called for comment this morning...and the White House quote this afternoon:

White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters said: “The check has been sent. It’s disgusting that the media is taking something that should be recognized as a generous and sincere gesture, made privately by the President, and using it to advance the media’s biased agenda.”

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5355 on: October 18, 2017, 04:21:52 PM »
Agree. Disgusting that father had to go making this political.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5356 on: October 18, 2017, 04:24:16 PM »
I’m actually surprised at the story though. At first I was like, well obviously that’s a sensationalistic headline. Trump wouldn’t directly just say, “I’m going to give you $25k,” but I guess that’s exactly what he did. How weird.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5357 on: October 18, 2017, 04:32:32 PM »
I’m actually surprised at the story though. At first I was like, well obviously that’s a sensationalistic headline. Trump wouldn’t directly just say, “I’m going to give you $25k,” but I guess that’s exactly what he did. How weird.

"No other president has ever done something like this," he said, "but I'm going to do it."

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5358 on: October 18, 2017, 04:52:33 PM »
Too lazy to read myself, but is this a check from DJT or the USA? Could be some issues if the latter.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5359 on: October 18, 2017, 04:53:30 PM »
Too lazy to read myself, but is this a check from DJT or the USA? Could be some issues if the latter.

His own personal account. It will never happen.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5360 on: October 18, 2017, 04:55:38 PM »
A literal "The check is in the mail" indignant statement from the White House. Amaze.

The Big Train

« Reply #5361 on: October 18, 2017, 05:14:49 PM »

His own personal account. It will never happen.

Phew. I thought for a second some of KSUW’s hard earned tax money would go to someone just making a political scene.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #5362 on: October 18, 2017, 06:33:32 PM »
so 25k is the cost of a life now? also seems a bit unfair unless trump is going to do this for the families of every single soldier KIA.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5363 on: October 18, 2017, 06:43:25 PM »
so 25k is the cost of a life now? also seems a bit unfair unless trump is going to do this for the families of every single soldier KIA.

The government sends $100k. This guy complained to Trump because he was divorced and the soldier listed his mother as the beneficiary, so Trump said he'd send him $25k.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5364 on: October 18, 2017, 06:49:48 PM »
It really is sad what the liberals will get butthurt about. "Yeah, we'll see if he actually sends it." :lol: I'm surprised I haven't seen the more common "only 25 grand? That's like nothing to a supposed billionaire" whine yet. It's like bird watching around here, only I'm spotting different kinds of liberal butthurt.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5365 on: October 18, 2017, 06:54:13 PM »
It really is sad what the liberals will get butthurt about. "Yeah, we'll see if he actually sends it." I'm surprised I haven't seen the more common "only 25 grand? That's like nothing to a supposed billionaire" whine yet. It's like bird watching around here, only I'm spotting different kinds of liberal butthurt.

Don't rush to politicize this thing

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5367 on: October 18, 2017, 07:01:13 PM »
The story here is definitely liberal butthurt and not our piece of crap president, good call kdub
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5368 on: October 18, 2017, 07:02:05 PM »
It really is sad what the liberals will get butthurt about. "Yeah, we'll see if he actually sends it." :lol: I'm surprised I haven't seen the more common "only 25 grand? That's like nothing to a supposed billionaire" whine yet. It's like bird watching around here, only I'm spotting different kinds of liberal butthurt.

He's done it before  :dunno:

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #5369 on: October 18, 2017, 09:01:52 PM »
Why can't they just rephrase the Bixby Letter and hand this mental Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) a script? Why. Is he too stupid to follow along or is does he not have capable assistants? Both?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5370 on: October 18, 2017, 09:10:52 PM »

Can we all just admit this is weird?  The whole thing...the awkward phone call/letter writing challenging, the words used, the offering of money, the not paying the money until called out...

it's just weird....why would anyone defend it? 

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5371 on: October 18, 2017, 09:11:04 PM »
Trump and scripts, man.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5372 on: October 18, 2017, 09:25:18 PM »
Trump can't read.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5373 on: October 18, 2017, 09:31:37 PM »

Trump is definitely owning the libs by being an bad person to the parents of the troops.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5374 on: October 18, 2017, 09:32:20 PM »

Can we all just admit this is weird?  The whole thing...the awkward phone call/letter writing challenging, the words used, the offering of money, the not paying the money until called out...

it's just weird....why would anyone defend it?

The way Rage phrased it the $25k makes sense even though it’s clearly poor judgement to handle the way he did. Even KSUW doesn’t defend the dick measuring over who makes the most calls / writes the most letters and Trump calling out a gold star family after completely botching a condolence call. He just falls back on the Trump false equivalency script.