Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1043787 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #5025 on: October 10, 2017, 12:46:05 PM »
That link title lol
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5026 on: October 10, 2017, 12:50:42 PM »
It's funny because most rich people don't complain much about taxes. The complaints tend to come much more from middle class families and corporations.

I think that depends upon how you define "rich." HENRY's such as myself - folks who are raking in sizable incomes, but all in the form of wages taxed at ordinary rates - are getting soaked. I think at last count I paid a higher percentage in taxes than about 92% of Americans. I don't think that's fair. Seems to me that everyone should pay about the same percentage. It's not like I'm getting better government services than 92% of Americans.

Maybe you should take yourself over to the investing thread and learn how to transform that ordinary income into rich people money.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5027 on: October 10, 2017, 12:53:05 PM »
(just ignore all the crypto stuff though)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #5028 on: October 10, 2017, 01:03:09 PM »
I have no problem with the people that have 99% of wealth paying 99% of income taxes and the people with 1% of the wealth paying 1% of income taxes. Currently the 1% of wealth are paying an egregiously high portion of income taxes and I'm not ok with that.

We're talking about income taxes you dolt. 99% of the income does not go to half, 10%, 1% whatever the eff your number is based upon of the people.

If you want to talk about "wealth" taxes (property, estate and trust???) cite something relevant. I'd be fine with olds, who have raped younger generations of wealth for decades, paying more. Particularly because few of them have income but many have tremendous wealth, and they drink medicare and social security through a goddamn fire hose.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5029 on: October 10, 2017, 01:09:50 PM »
I think Bernie's proposed 1% wealth tax on wealth exceeding $21 million would couple nicely with Donald's tax cuts.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5030 on: October 10, 2017, 01:13:08 PM »
Fsd you are too dumb to have this conversation, and that's OK.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5031 on: October 10, 2017, 01:19:50 PM »
It's funny because most rich people don't complain much about taxes. The complaints tend to come much more from middle class families and corporations.

I think that depends upon how you define "rich." HENRY's such as myself - folks who are raking in sizable incomes, but all in the form of wages taxed at ordinary rates - are getting soaked. I think at last count I paid a higher percentage in taxes than about 92% of Americans. I don't think that's fair. Seems to me that everyone should pay about the same percentage. It's not like I'm getting better government services than 92% of Americans.

Lol hosed, ok.

I mean sliding up scales on income have been around forever and it should be that way but ok. Think you're always the victim.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5032 on: October 10, 2017, 01:34:55 PM »

Lol hosed, ok.

I mean sliding up scales on income have been around forever and it should be that way but ok. Think you're always the victim.

Look dude, I don't usually tell people how to do their BBS'n, but if you don't have something funny or intelligent to add, just don't respond.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5033 on: October 10, 2017, 02:46:29 PM »
I’m actually with KSW dubs, I think I pay way too much in taxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5034 on: October 10, 2017, 03:38:00 PM »
Trump.should only aid California if they knuckle under to him

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5035 on: October 10, 2017, 06:05:06 PM »

Maybe you should take yourself over to the investing thread and learn how to transform that ordinary income into rich people money.

I invest what I can, but that's not gonna be a substitute for my wage-based income. The rich can employ a lot of tax-advantaged strategies that I can't. I get taxed on the wage income, and then I get taxed again on any gains I make by risking my income in the market. There's a severe imbalance between capital gains taxes and ordinary individual income tax.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5036 on: October 10, 2017, 06:11:17 PM »

I invest what I can, but that's not gonna be a substitute for my wage-based income. The rich can employ a lot of tax-advantaged strategies that I can't. I get taxed on the wage income, and then I get taxed again on any gains I make by risking my income in the market. There's a severe imbalance between capital gains taxes and ordinary individual income tax.

too bad Trump couldn't actually get real tax reform going....his meager plan is pretty par for the course.  I had hope he could actual do something different on this topic....now he won't even get this plan to go anywhere.

The Big Train

« Reply #5037 on: October 10, 2017, 06:11:45 PM »

(just ignore all the normy stuff though and focus on the crypto, that’s where the real money is)

catastrophe has a lot of good advice ITT

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #5038 on: October 10, 2017, 06:43:24 PM »

Interesting. So would you say what public schools in poor neighborhoods are just as good as public schools in wealthy neighborhoods?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5039 on: October 10, 2017, 06:54:11 PM »

Never heard this term but found a definition....

DEFINITION of 'High Earners, Not Rich Yet - HENRYs'
A buzzword coined in a 2003 Fortune Magazine article to refer to a segment of families earning between $250,000 and $500,000, but not having much left after taxes, schooling, housing and family costs - not to mention saving for an affluent retirement.

To which I say....da fuq you spending money on to pull that down and not be able to save...especially in the midwest

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5040 on: October 10, 2017, 06:57:45 PM »

Interesting. So would you say what public schools in poor neighborhoods are just as good as public schools in wealthy neighborhoods?

Nope. But there are two problems with the argument you are trying to make. First, the performance of a public school is more a function of the quality of student (and their parents) who attend that school - not the resources. Second, to the extend public schools in rich neighborhoods have more resources than the schools in poor neighborhoods, it is generally because those districts have imposed additional taxes upon themselves in the form of bonds, etc. In fact, in Kansas, when rich districts pass their own bonds, they actually get fewer state education dollars as a result. So your argument that I am getting better public education for my tax dollars than other people is simply wrong. You're out of your element, Trey. Sit this one out and maybe learn something.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: October 10, 2017, 06:57:55 PM »
we've already established he lives beyond his means

The Big Train

« Reply #5042 on: October 10, 2017, 06:59:23 PM »

A buzzword coined in a 2003 Fortune Magazine article to refer to a segment of families earning between $250,000 and $500,000, but not having much left after taxes, schooling, housing and family costs - not to mention saving for an affluent retirement.

To which I say....da fuq you spending money on to pull that down and not be able to save...especially in the midwest

You’re new around here huh?  KSUW throws that out as often as he can.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: October 10, 2017, 07:03:04 PM »
]

You’re new around here huh?  KSUW throws that out as often as he can.

I am new to the 'pit....I'll  :bwpopcorn: and learn

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: October 10, 2017, 07:03:25 PM »

Who said anything about not saving? I save plenty. But yes, I also have plenty of expenses you might expect for four kids, college savings, multiple advanced degrees, a home, cars, etc. I don't live beyond my means, but my wife and I worked our asses off for the life we enjoy and it doesn't mean we should pay a significantly higher percentage in taxes as a result.

You're also right that at least I live in the Midwest. One could argue that the true HENRYs are the dudes pulling down 250k but at double the cost of living on the coasts. Those guys are getting screwed worse than me.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: October 10, 2017, 07:03:31 PM »
Fsd you are too dumb to have this conversation, and that's OK.

A doltish retort from a dolt

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: October 10, 2017, 07:05:34 PM »

Who said anything about not saving? I save plenty. But yes, I also have plenty of expenses you might expect for four kids, college savings, multiple advanced degrees, a home, cars, etc. I don't live beyond my means, but my wife and I worked our asses off for the life we enjoy and it doesn't mean we should pay a significantly higher percentage in taxes as a result.

You're also right that at least I live in the Midwest. One could argue that the true HENRYs are the dudes pulling down 250k but at double the cost of living on the coasts. Those guys are getting screwed worse than me.

then you are using the term wrong:

but not having much left after taxes, schooling, housing and family costs - not to mention saving for an affluent retirement.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: October 10, 2017, 07:06:17 PM »
I agree with KSU that wages are taxed too high. I'm extremely annoyed by the amount of money the fed and state take out of my paycheck and what they take on discretionary is rough ridin' robbery.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: October 10, 2017, 07:07:59 PM »
I agree with KSU that wages are taxed too high. I'm extremely annoyed by the amount of money the fed and state take out of my paycheck and what they take on discretionary is rough ridin' robbery.

:facepalm:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: October 10, 2017, 07:11:00 PM »
Also, student loan debt is crippling this recent generation. Those kids were given crap advice to pursue too much useless college and are presently indentured to the fed and severely inhibited from accumulating wealth.