Author Topic: Fake Patty's Day  (Read 69891 times)

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
Re: Fake Patty's Day
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2012, 12:15:33 PM »
Would cleanup expenses be as much is fraternities/sororities/other campus organization made cleanup into a volunteer thing?  Wouldn't be a terrible idea for next year.

Offline bigDcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Fake Patty's Day
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2012, 12:22:07 PM »
Would cleanup expenses be as much is fraternities/sororities/other campus organization made cleanup into a volunteer thing?  Wouldn't be a terrible idea for next year.

The bars pay any interested student $10/hour for the clean up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2012, 12:45:18 PM »
Why are townies so rough ridin' stupid?

Do they not see how much money FPD makes Manhattan?

:rolleyes:

where are the figures?

Did a news story on it back in the day. I don't remember anymore and I don't really care to look, but it's a lot.

(and by Manhattan, I mean the businesses in Manhattan)

Worked at Tubby's while in college, I worked the day after FPD in 09. Owner hands me a box and says "Here hold this" I ask him what is in, "$50,00 in cash".

Take that x2 to account for credit cards then factor in the other bars.

Its alot of money.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2012, 12:46:53 PM »
Worked at Tubby's while in college, I worked the day after FPD in 09. Owner hands me a box and says "Here hold this" I ask him what is in, "$50,00 in cash".

Its alot of money.

Tell us some Fitz stories.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2012, 12:53:13 PM »

Its alot of money.

Nothing you guys dont already know. Would come in a couple times a week and sit at the bar for lunch, drink a beer, creep on bartenders and 19 yr old waitresses.

Would come in on Friday and Saturday night and camp out on the Dance side bar, drink a beer, creep on bartenders and 19 year old waitresses.

They all put up with it because he tipped well.

Tell us some Fitz stories.

Offline Teddy_Westside

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2012, 04:57:54 PM »
This was started after I graduated.

this.  you all need to stfu and appreciate what you have.  save some money for the full price drinks and cover (boo-rough ridin'-hoo) and go get pak'd/laid. christ.  :dubious:

Jesus Christ guys, we're :kstategrad:.  Go spend $15 and get access to 3-10 bars depending on your bar preferences.  If you can't afford the covers, you can't afford to drink all day in Aggieville anyway.  What a joke.

Not all of us are :kstategrad: you know :shakesfist:

But regardless of the finances involved I think it'd be more fun to toss some couches and a big screen on your lawn, play some tailgating games, watch some hoops, and party with the randos who walk by rather than wait in line for 30 minutes to an hour to get into a bar while losing your buzz. FPD can be fun as crap, but it's jumped the shark in Aggieville.

Did this in the morning last year and was a damn good morning. :cheers:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2012, 04:40:56 AM »
:lol:

http://thehypeweekly.com/2012/03/08/fake-pattys-2012-smarter-stronger-and-more-powerful-than-ever-before/

So the bars have made the "sacrifice" to pay $3 x whatever their official capacity is not to the city/cops but to themselves, and if the city/cops can prove they need the money, Fitz might give it to them.  But they have to prove FPD is a mess first.

However, students, you all know it is a mess (some dude died at country stampede), so you're going to need to cover this cost.  "Pay to play" you know.  So to make up for this $3 x capacity the bars will pay themselves, we're going to need you to pay $3-10 each to the bars.  Unfortunately, the logistics prevent the bars from giving you that money back should the city/cops fail to meet their burden of proving they're entitled to the $3 x capacity Fitz is holding.  Also, let's ignore that $3-10 x everyone all day is considerably more than $3 x the legal capacity of a bar at any single moment in time.

Somebody with connections to bars/Fitz/ABA should inquire if a portion of the financial windfall that's about to happen can be donated to the FFF Fund.

Is this more or less condescending/insulting than the "RP's settlement money will be paid exclusively from Big 12 exit fees, no KSU money will be used to pay him" talking point?

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2012, 04:52:58 AM »
Good rough ridin' christ, what a patronizing piece of blatant propaganda.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2012, 10:13:17 AM »
Covers1?!?!?! :runaway:
I don't understand why people think this will ruin anything. Plus, with the vendors and extra portapotties it seems like it should be even more pleasant. Also, lol at ABA blaming their covers on RCPD and the city. I mean LOL.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2012, 10:17:36 AM »
You guys should do a fake fake patty's day.

This.  How hard would it be to just move it one day?  eff the city. 

Would be fantastic. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2012, 10:21:23 AM »
I don't understand why people think this will ruin anything. Plus, with the vendors and extra portapotties it seems like it should be even more pleasant. Also, lol at ABA blaming their covers on RCPD and the city. I mean LOL.

Yeah, covers are fine, but don't lie about needing covers to pay cops/city, when the covers will be exponentially more than the amount of money that might be paid to cops/city if cops/city convince Fitz to.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2012, 10:30:27 AM »

Yeah, covers are fine, but don't lie about needing covers to pay cops/city, when the covers will be exponentially more than the amount of money that might be paid to cops/city if cops/city convince Fitz to.
It works great. The student population is full of Pikes out there who want to hate the establishment. ABA is saying "eff the Man" all the way to the bank.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2012, 10:38:17 AM »

It works great. The student population is full of Pikes out there who want to hate the establishment. ABA is saying "eff the Man" all the way to the bank.

The smart ones of you should have mini-MOAPs and donate money to the FFF Fund instead.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2012, 10:50:48 AM »
The smart ones should take $4 and go buy the color of wrist bands at, party warehouse, that have already been released.  I mean, they told you the color of the bands......

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2012, 01:06:37 PM »
The bands have the bar names printed on them... they aren't just solid colors
:adios:

Offline FedUp

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2012, 01:53:55 PM »
Funny, just had to sign this to chime-in here:

"You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law."

The funny thing about this is all of the glaring inaccuracies about this issue that have been posted here.  But I don't expect any of you to know anything since none of you are actually a decision-maker or member of any of the organizations and entities you are criticizing.

The wisdom of the room here would seem to be summarized as "hey, why can't everyone just leave us poor, trampled revelers alone and let FPD be whatever happens naturally.  Boo Hoo."

Could we perhaps grow up a bit and recognize that stakeholders in this community have as much right to peaceful enjoyment of our homes, businesses, and public places as you do?  I don't think that it is too much to ask not to have our homes broken into, passed out people on our porches vomiting, 20 gallons of litter on our lawns, and vicious assaults in our driveways.  I have seen all of this on my property.  No one has the right to do that for any reason, period.

If you put-out entitled brats think we "townies" are too big a problem for you to handle and don't like the outcry, then you people can get out of town with the rest of the idiots who come here from abroad to commit mayhem and go create your own community to destroy.  In the meantime, I will advocate as much attention and force as necessary to ensure that actual stakeholders help us live up to being one of America's best midwestern communities.  It's too bad your pride doesn't extend much beyond ignorance, vulgarity, drunkenness, and disrespect of anyone else who disagrees with you.

Flame away.  I won't be reading or replying.  Make yourselves feel good telling me how it is.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2012, 01:56:10 PM »

"You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law."

The funny thing about this is all of the glaring inaccuracies about this issue that have been posted here.  But I don't expect any of you to know anything since none of you are actually a decision-maker or member of any of the organizations and entities you are criticizing.

The wisdom of the room here would seem to be summarized as "hey, why can't everyone just leave us poor, trampled revelers alone and let FPD be whatever happens naturally.  Boo Hoo."

Could we perhaps grow up a bit and recognize that stakeholders in this community have as much right to peaceful enjoyment of our homes, businesses, and public places as you do?  I don't think that it is too much to ask not to have our homes broken into, passed out people on our porches vomiting, 20 gallons of litter on our lawns, and vicious assaults in our driveways.  I have seen all of this on my property.  No one has the right to do that for any reason, period.

If you put-out entitled brats think we "townies" are too big a problem for you to handle and don't like the outcry, then you people can get out of town with the rest of the idiots who come here from abroad to commit mayhem and go create your own community to destroy.  In the meantime, I will advocate as much attention and force as necessary to ensure that actual stakeholders help us live up to being one of America's best midwestern communities.  It's too bad your pride doesn't extend much beyond ignorance, vulgarity, drunkenness, and disrespect of anyone else who disagrees with you.

Flame away.  I won't be reading or replying.  Make yourselves feel good telling me how it is.

DNR

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2012, 01:56:45 PM »

Weird first post.

"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2012, 01:58:33 PM »
I don't think that it is too much to ask not to have our homes broken into, passed out people on our porches vomiting, 20 gallons of litter on our lawns, and vicious assaults in our driveways.  I have seen all of this on my property.  No one has the right to do that for any reason, period.

Sounds terrible. You probably should have called the cops.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2012, 01:59:31 PM »
FedUp = squawk

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2012, 02:01:42 PM »

That's it, let the townie out.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2012, 02:02:34 PM »
and FedUp bursts onto the goEMAW scene!  :thumbs:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2012, 02:03:30 PM »
I don't think that it is too much to ask not to have our homes broken into, passed out people on our porches vomiting, 20 gallons of litter on our lawns, and vicious assaults in our driveways.  I have seen all of this on my property.  No one has the right to do that for any reason, period.

Sounds terrible. You probably should have called the cops.

ya, FedUp, no one here was advocating any of that activity.  we just want a world in which kids can go get boozed up without being harassed by the po-po

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2012, 02:03:57 PM »
more like FitzedUp

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2012, 02:06:26 PM »
I was looking for the Martavious DNR .gif but couldn't find it. The link I had for it is dead now. What happened?

http://tinypic.com/images/404.gif