Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3916480 times)

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #13125 on: March 30, 2014, 06:33:33 PM »
now post renderings of inside of vanier 2.0 :love:
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13126 on: March 30, 2014, 06:33:53 PM »

Is it just me, or does the scale of this just look off?

Interior view NEZ looks like the Vanier towers above the stands by at least 2 stories, almost 3.

Exterior view NEZ makes Vanier look like it is just 3 stories high...I mean, I know the stadium is depressed, but this still doesn't look right in my brain... Anybody else see it this way :dunno:

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13127 on: March 30, 2014, 06:34:39 PM »
New jumbotron on south end will be really nice (and big).  The 2 screens on the north will be almost the same size as the big one currently on the south end.

almost the same size?   :flush:
yeah but there is two of them. Don't worry it will look nice from your couch

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13128 on: March 30, 2014, 06:39:18 PM »
New jumbotron on south end will be really nice (and big).  The 2 screens on the north will be almost the same size as the big one currently on the south end.

i've been to every cats game the last 20 years

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13129 on: March 30, 2014, 06:40:16 PM »

:lol:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13130 on: March 30, 2014, 06:41:00 PM »

Didn't know Robert posts here.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #13131 on: March 30, 2014, 06:49:42 PM »
These rendos don't really mesh with the quotes from the AD about what the end zone fun zone would look like, there is certainly no player/fan interaction happening with those tunnels. Also, already mentioned, that looks like way too many rows to not increase capacity. The bleachers doesn't account for that many more seats, there aren't 5000 seats in the bleachers. I like what is there it just doesn't exactly match the very limited things the ad has said.

If powercat pat mentions adding seating in the corners and increasing capacity one more time I'm going to find where he lives, pour bleach in his toilet & give him a 5 minute swirly. Think man, jesus.

That really wouldn't add that many seats dumbass. It would put us at 55,000 tops, which I think we could do. I don't get how that's so far fetched.

Offline ksu1100

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13132 on: March 30, 2014, 07:09:11 PM »
That front entry will be sweet. 
Looks to be a large atrium with a sawtooth glass roof?  That will give the complex a grand entrance feel when you walk in.
Maybe a marble floor with a giant powercat?  Grand stair?  fountains?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #13133 on: March 30, 2014, 07:15:22 PM »
Looks to be a large atrium with a sawtooth glass roof?  That will give the complex a grand entrance feel when you walk in.

I am picturing this for the lobby

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13134 on: March 30, 2014, 07:36:08 PM »
Are we getting another Bill statue?
@Trogdor_gE

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #13135 on: March 30, 2014, 07:40:47 PM »
if anyone has any other renderings or insider things that goEMAW can post you can always PM me. this is just a reminder.

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13136 on: March 30, 2014, 07:45:22 PM »
Keeping in line with the Caesars theme...talking statues of our All-Americans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13137 on: March 30, 2014, 08:10:40 PM »
if anyone has any other renderings or insider things that goEMAW can post you can always PM me. this is just a reminder.

I really hope this happens.  Combo fan season needs everyone to pitch in.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13138 on: March 30, 2014, 08:11:26 PM »
Keeping in line with the Caesars theme...talking statues of our All-Americans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Animatronics!  Yes!

Offline ksu1100

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13139 on: March 30, 2014, 08:56:43 PM »

I am picturing this for the lobby

Yes, but with purple lighting.... Sean Snyder sitting on the edge of the fountain, ready to greet stud recruits.
Can someone make this happen??

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13140 on: March 30, 2014, 09:12:02 PM »
I just opened this thread, and Shazam, up pops a giant rock-hard boner; and folks I'm not that well endowed.   
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13141 on: March 30, 2014, 09:16:14 PM »
On a scale of 1-10 I would rate the rendering released a 5

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #13142 on: March 30, 2014, 09:26:04 PM »
On a scale of 1-10 I would rate the rendering released a 5

I'd probably go 6

Offline Graeme

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13143 on: March 30, 2014, 09:32:33 PM »
These are not final renderings.  You get an idea of the concept, but in no way are these final.  This is the same process as WSC...early SketchUp model views are leaked, then final renderings are released at time of formal unveiling.

Aerial view was produced using SketchUp, which is not a final rendering tool.  Background goofiness (Jardine, the Rec, etc) is just plan view of an old campus base map, most likely from Facilities Planning.  The end zone rendering is an existing photo looking north, with an elevation of the NEZ composited in using Photoshop, or similar, along with a clone of an image of the student section, which is why you see the band behind the goalposts.

At the spring game, you'll see more detail that is closer to what is to be built...maybe even 3D fly throughs.  These images are lower quality concept renderings, but they've served their purpose- whet the appetite of fans and donors ready to open their check books.  On April 26th, the renderings will be real, and they'll be fantastic.   :gocho:

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13144 on: March 30, 2014, 09:34:43 PM »
These are not final renderings.  You get an idea of the concept, but in no way are these final.  This is the same process as WSC...early SketchUp model views are leaked, then final renderings are released at time of formal unveiling.

Aerial view was produced using SketchUp, which is not a final rendering tool.  Background goofiness (Jardine, the Rec, etc) is just plan view of an old campus base map, most likely from Facilities Planning.  The end zone rendering is an existing photo looking north, with an elevation of the NEZ composited in using Photoshop, or similar, along with a clone of an image of the student section, which is why you see the band behind the goalposts.

At the spring game, you'll see more detail that is closer to what is to be built...maybe even 3D fly throughs.  These images are lower quality concept renderings, but they've served their purpose- whet the appetite of fans and donors ready to open their check books.  On April 26th, the renderings will be real, and they'll be fantastic.   :gocho:
Is this speculation or actual insidery info?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13145 on: March 30, 2014, 09:38:11 PM »

I think you should believe him.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #13146 on: March 30, 2014, 09:39:38 PM »
looks like insidery info to me

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13147 on: March 30, 2014, 09:40:44 PM »

I think you should believe him.
Me too, Pete, I'm just asking if he's 100%.  I want everybody to love it unequivocally like we did WSC.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13148 on: March 30, 2014, 09:41:34 PM »
I believe

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #13149 on: March 30, 2014, 09:43:15 PM »
looks like gE jumped the gun. very disappointing. heads better roll.