Author Topic: ‘Twas the Night before Trumpmas...  (Read 6005 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: ‘Twas the Night before Trumpmas...
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2018, 08:53:47 PM »
Good pick. Not as exciting for me as Barrett but oh well. She’ll replace Ruth next year.

Oh and holy crap, Spracne- talk about the very definition of word salad! :lol: I actually read through the entirety of your tortured, flawed analysis and I’m not going to respond point by point because I think we’d all re-read Atlas Shrugged first. But cliffs notes version: the vast majority of your bloviation is a completely irrelevant distraction. The constitution does not speak to abortion, period. You don’t need to define when life begins to reach that obvious conclusion. As for the equal protection clause, your argument that a law banning abortion violates equal protection because only women can get pregnant is an absurdity. The analysis is not whether the law applies exclusively to women (which isn’t even the case, as anti-abortion laws apply to everyone, including any man who attempts to provide or procure one), but whether the inability to obtain an abortion make women unequal to men. Such a position is questionable at best.

In short, you’re all wet, but I’m not interested in debating this further with you. At a later time I will head over to the abortion thread to dig out a few other Spracne gems of stupidity, but for now it’s back to the celebration.

Happy Trumpmas everybody! Another fine pick!
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2018, 08:56:31 PM »
Looks like K-S-U dubs tapped out, probably a wise decision when getting teabagged/bodybagged by the spracster :sdeek:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2018, 09:01:20 PM »
The ACA makes men pay for coverage for mamograms and breast pumps, and that was found to be okay, ftr.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2018, 09:41:58 PM »

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2018, 10:03:07 PM »
Flood jokes should be left to the experts.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2018, 10:15:07 PM »
Kavanaugh seems like a decent choice. Congrats to Trump on not bumbling this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2018, 10:43:38 PM »
Those teeth and double chin are painful, married a 29 year old when he was 40 so good for him I guess.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2018, 11:29:06 PM »

Step 2: Does the law classify on the basis of gender on its face? That is, is the law facially discriminatory? Yes. Only women can become pregnant, therefore we are dealing with a law that classifies on the basis of gender on its face.

So if the nu SCOTUS determines Roe was wrongly decided, are you saying conservatives' best hope is pushing scientists to prove a man can get pregnant?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2018, 01:11:31 AM »

Step 2: Does the law classify on the basis of gender on its face? That is, is the law facially discriminatory? Yes. Only women can become pregnant, therefore we are dealing with a law that classifies on the basis of gender on its face.

So if the nu SCOTUS determines Roe was wrongly decided, are you saying conservatives' best hope is pushing scientists to prove a man can get pregnant?
If true, that would definitely be a boon. I have a better strategy, but I'm going to keep it close to the vest, just in case...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2018, 01:19:12 AM »
Good pick. Not as exciting for me as Barrett but oh well. She’ll replace Ruth next year.

Oh and holy crap, Spracne- talk about the very definition of word salad! I actually read through the entirety of your tortured, flawed analysis and I’m not going to respond point by point because I think we’d all re-read Atlas Shrugged first. But cliffs notes version: the vast majority of your bloviation is a completely irrelevant distraction. The constitution does not speak to abortion, period. You don’t need to define when life begins to reach that obvious conclusion. As for the equal protection clause, your argument that a law banning abortion violates equal protection because only women can get pregnant is an absurdity. The analysis is not whether the law applies exclusively to women (which isn’t even the case, as anti-abortion laws apply to everyone, including any man who attempts to provide or procure one), but whether the inability to obtain an abortion make women unequal to men. Such a position is questionable at best.

In short, you’re all wet, but I’m not interested in debating this further with you. At a later time I will head over to the abortion thread to dig out a few other Spracne gems of stupidity, but for now it’s back to the celebration.

Happy Trumpmas everybody! Another fine pick!
Most of this is irrelevant, and the rest of it is just plain wrong. You don't know what you're talking about. Admit it.

There is opinion, such as how you want a Justice to think. And then there's reality, which is just the restrictions that encumber smart, prudent, ivy-league-educated judges regardless of political stripe.

I can only tell you the state of the law. If you want to argue that ought not be the case, do you.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2018, 01:24:50 AM »
The ACA makes men pay for coverage for mamograms and breast pumps, and that was found to be okay, ftr.
Last time I read it, Article 1 of the U.S. Constitution gives Congress the power to tax and spend for the general welfare? It's specifically enumerated, bub.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2018, 05:55:34 AM »
Really appreciate how the pick was dubbed controversial before it was even announced. 

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2018, 06:38:43 AM »

If true, that would definitely be a boon. I have a better strategy, but I'm going to keep it close to the vest, just in case...

Just get the Koch bros to fund this research. Easy: https://www.livescience.com/60873-men-pregnant-uterus-transplant.html

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2018, 07:10:05 AM »

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2018, 07:41:09 AM »
Seems like a conflict of interest for a sitting Justice to be negotiating his replacement while ruling on issues that concern administration policies, but I'm not a lawyer.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2018, 07:48:11 AM »
Good to hear that Chuck Schumer is strongly hinting that it’s time to abandon the long tradition of not asking a nominated judge about specific legal issues (and cases) during the confirmation process.

A little over a year ago Chuck wrongfully extolled the virtues of not asking specific questions regarding legal issues during the judicial confirmation process.   

Glad Chuck has finally come around.  Timing notwithstanding, of course. 

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2018, 07:50:43 AM »
Seems like a conflict of interest for a sitting Justice to be negotiating his replacement while ruling on issues that concern administration policies, but I'm not a lawyer.

https://twitter.com/BradMossEsq/status/1016657854072320001

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2018, 08:07:59 AM »
Seems like two very different things to me. Obviously it’s never ok for a Justice to bargain with another branch over their decision in a case. Is there that much greater risk of it happening when a Justice would like to see a specific person replace them on the Court? I’m not so sure.

Like, I get wanting to ensure some continuity of your ideals, but if you are morally bankrupt enough to go against the entire point of your job to do so, I’d think you would have left some much bigger fires behind by now.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2018, 08:23:53 AM »
Is this normal/good?

https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/status/1016642192616706050

I'm guessing that it's pretty normal, but I really don't know. It's not good, though.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2018, 08:30:34 AM »
spracne, you appear to be basing your 14th argument on equal protection.  could there also be an argument in life/liberty?  it would seem to me that there could be and that it would be a pretty direct argument, but i dunno.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2018, 08:58:29 AM »
Is this normal/good?

https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/status/1016642192616706050

I'm guessing that it's pretty normal, but I really don't know. It's not good, though.
This was kind of my thought. I'm sure our supreme Court watchdogs will give us some insight.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2018, 09:06:12 AM »
Bill/Sean.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd