Author Topic: Are Gay relationships morally acceptable?  (Read 11456 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: Are Gay relationships morally acceptable?
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2010, 08:52:21 PM »

Who is the victim in a homosexual relationship?

skinnybenny's sphincter

Mine was better.   :cool:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2010, 08:56:44 PM »
There are several studies but here's the first one I found.  I know, it's old but still holds true.

Watkins, B. & Bentovim, A. (1992). The sexual abuse of male children and adolescents: a review of current research. Journal of Clinical Psychology & Psychiatry, 33(10), 197-248.

"Sexually abused boys later have greater sexual identity confusion and increased likelihood of homosexuality"

The shazbot! dude, no one will disagree with you on that. You seem to suggest that something beyond that, like if I spend all my time dragging (hehe) my kid to musicals and taking him shopping that he's going to become "the queers".

The studies that you should take time to look at were done by Bailey and Pillard. Which studied the gayness between Fraternal (two eggs fertilized hot shot) and Identical (one egg, split) as well as...and this is key, non-related adopted brothers.

They found that 52%, FIFTY TWO PERCENT of identical twins were both self-identified homosexuals (a number verified in another studies of identical twins separated at birth)

Fraternal twins (essentially just brother and brother) 22% chance.

Non-related adopted brothers: 5% chance.

The closer genetically linked a pair is, the more likely they both exhibit gay or straight tendencies.

Please note where I said anything about musicals or other "gay things."  All I said was that abused children end up being gay more than non-abused children.  But thanks for putting words in my mouth.  I'll tell you exactly what I believe.  Ready?  Some people are more predisposed to being gay than others.  This would explain why fraternal twins are less likely to both be gay as compared to identical twins.  Look up the same study in regards to alcoholism or profession.  Same results.  So are these people also born accountants or born alcoholics?  Of course not.  So there you have it, my belief about "the gays" wrapped up.  Now, I'm ready for someone to tell me how much I hate gay people and how gayist I am.  Ready, set, go!! :comehere:

All of my gay friends come from good, loving, happy families. :dunno:

You have lot's of (I'm too stupid to find a better word than gay) friends? That says something in and of itself.

« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2010, 08:59:51 PM »
Whats wrong with having gay friends?  :frown:
Being gay is not a moral failing.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2010, 09:11:44 PM »

Who is the victim in a homosexual relationship?

skinnybenny's sphincter

Mine was better.   :cool:

Mine was true   :barf:

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2010, 09:15:28 PM »
I think most of teh gays would gladly accept civil unions.  I don't think it's marriage or bust.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2010, 09:20:38 PM »
I think most of teh gays would gladly accept civil unions.  I don't think it's marriage or bust.

The problem is, like most if not all groups, the majority are defined by the kooks.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2010, 09:25:47 PM »
It's kooky to want to be married?

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2010, 09:34:19 PM »
There are several studies but here's the first one I found.  I know, it's old but still holds true.

Watkins, B. & Bentovim, A. (1992). The sexual abuse of male children and adolescents: a review of current research. Journal of Clinical Psychology & Psychiatry, 33(10), 197-248.

"Sexually abused boys later have greater sexual identity confusion and increased likelihood of homosexuality"

The shazbot! dude, no one will disagree with you on that. You seem to suggest that something beyond that, like if I spend all my time dragging (hehe) my kid to musicals and taking him shopping that he's going to become "the queers".

The studies that you should take time to look at were done by Bailey and Pillard. Which studied the gayness between Fraternal (two eggs fertilized hot shot) and Identical (one egg, split) as well as...and this is key, non-related adopted brothers.

They found that 52%, FIFTY TWO PERCENT of identical twins were both self-identified homosexuals (a number verified in another studies of identical twins separated at birth)

The closer genetically linked a pair is, the more likely they both exhibit gay or straight tendencies.

Please note where I said anything about musicals or other "gay things."  All I said was that abused children end up being gay more than non-abused children.  But thanks for putting words in my mouth.  I'll tell you exactly what I believe.  Ready?  Some people are more predisposed to being gay than others.  This would explain why fraternal twins are less likely to both be gay as compared to identical twins.  Look up the same study in regards to alcoholism or profession.  Same results.  So are these people also born accountants or born alcoholics?  Of course not.  So there you have it, my belief about "the gays" wrapped up.  Now, I'm ready for someone to tell me how much I hate gay people and how gayist I am.  Ready, set, go!! :comehere:

You have lot's of (I'm too stupid to find a better word than gay) friends? That says something in and of itself.

4 that I know of, probably more.  Where I live, you can't throw a Liza Minnelli CD without hitting one.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2010, 10:16:44 PM »

4 that I know of, probably more.  Where I live, you can't throw a Liza Minnelli CD without hitting one.

Lawrence, KS?

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2010, 11:45:17 PM »

Lawrence, KS?

Excellent guess, but no.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2010, 12:16:10 AM »

Lawrence, KS?

Excellent guess, but no.

Joplin, MO?

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2010, 09:15:59 AM »

Lawrence, KS?

Excellent guess, but no.

Joplin, MO?

I don't know if that is a good guess or not, but no.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2010, 05:41:52 PM »
It's kooky to want to be married?

I'm talking about the loud shouting activists that shout "we're here we're queer" in one sentence and then "leave us alone" in the next.  The queer next door is not typically of this type.