Author Topic: Use this to support whatever your position is on Sean  (Read 56870 times)

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Use this to support whatever your position is on Sean
« Reply #475 on: December 14, 2017, 04:28:22 PM »
yes, clearly i meant Venzy would be considered a huge splash with K-State fans.  but hey, Darnell McDonald didn't play MY playstation so i will just kindly stfu

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 14, 2017, 04:39:57 PM »
Unfortunately splash hire and KSU don't usually go together.  At this point anyone other than Sean or Leavitt getting the HC job would surprise the hell out of me.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 14, 2017, 04:41:18 PM »
Unfortunately splash hire and KSU don't usually go together.  At this point anyone other than Sean or Leavitt getting the HC job would surprise the hell out of me.

Huggins?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 14, 2017, 04:52:41 PM »
Weber was a splash of sorts
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 14, 2017, 05:15:02 PM »
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: December 14, 2017, 05:48:16 PM »
Chicat made an amazing point.

We can offer like a bajillion coaches who are long shots, and still get Sean.  We should publicly announce now that Sean is a safety net option.  Don't even ask Sean, just announce it.  Sean's not going to rough ridin' do anything about it!  LOL Sean!  Just sitting there waiting to be told where we want him.  God bless his soul. 

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 14, 2017, 05:50:22 PM »
We should reverse-auction the job to Sean.  When we begin the coach search, we simultaneously offer Sean like $75K (plus full benefits, obviously) and each day we up it $5K until one of two things happen; we either find a coach we really want, or Sean takes that day's offer.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 14, 2017, 06:08:12 PM »
If it's truly his dream job, he'd take minimum wage.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 14, 2017, 06:18:25 PM »
If it's truly his dream job, he'd take minimum wage.

Agreed, but I truly believe Sean has earned the right to receive a $75K offer. 

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 14, 2017, 10:50:53 PM »
this mothertrucker has to be a sock, right?

I'm sure Chingon got bored and came up with something new. Makes sense.

et tu, _Fan?

:peek:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 14, 2017, 11:32:00 PM »
yes, clearly i meant Venzy would be considered a huge splash with K-State fans.  but hey, Darnell McDonald didn't play MY playstation so i will just kindly stfu

You probably should, but you won't. Just keep entertaining us with your impressive run of shitty posting.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 15, 2017, 09:00:04 AM »

You probably should, but you won't. Just keep entertaining us with your impressive run of shitty posting.

will do

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 15, 2017, 11:26:16 AM »
he didn't come on my radar until his "facilities" stuff.

30 years ago we were the laughing stock of college football.  Today we should consider ourselves on par with some of the very elite schools in CFB...so much so that if we so much as question at least CALLING Chip Kelly and Bob Stoops we are small minded loser KSU fans.  We should EXPECT to hire the very best available HC.  Well there are only 2 things that have changed in the past 30 years:  1. LHC Bill Snyder and 2. Facilities.   LHC Bill Snyder is a senile old bastard that needs go.  So facilities.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 15, 2017, 11:38:31 AM »
he didn't come on my radar until his "facilities" stuff.

30 years ago we were the laughing stock of college football.  Today we should consider ourselves on par with some of the very elite schools in CFB...so much so that if we so much as question at least CALLING Chip Kelly and Bob Stoops we are small minded loser KSU fans.  We should EXPECT to hire the very best available HC.  Well there are only 2 things that have changed in the past 30 years:  1. LHC Bill Snyder and 2. Facilities.   LHC Bill Snyder is a senile old bastard that needs go.  So facilities.

Yes i am quoting my own post  :gocho:  The reality is that we are Iowa State, Minnesota, Indiana, Illinois, Texas Tech, Virginia, Kentucky, Missouri, you get the idea...and our HC hire will be on par with any of these other "mid-level" P5 schools.  We aren't getting Chip Kelly, Bob Stoops or any other highly sought after candidate.  It's not a loser mentality, it's reality.  Reality that a lot of our fans can't accept for whatever reason....probably because in their lifetime they've only known pretty good cat football.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 15, 2017, 01:19:37 PM »
The reality is that we are Iowa State, Minnesota, Indiana, Illinois, Texas Tech, Virginia, Kentucky, Missouri, you get the idea...and our HC hire will be on par with any of these other "mid-level" P5 schools.

This is accurate.

BUT, there have been elite jobs that reached out to Venables. Which means K-State could make that hire which would basically be an upper tier hire. ALSO, no one, absolutely not a single P5 job would consider Sean for their HC position. So that would be less than a lowest tier hire.

So if Sean is seriously a possibility, you can offer guys like Brent, or hell even Stoops since his kids will be here, maybe Leavitt, then lots of others. And if every single person you can name says no, let Sean have it. In no world, should Sean ever be offered the job before at least 8-10 others have said no.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 15, 2017, 01:22:45 PM »
And yes, I'd be completely fine with a coaching search getting to UT levels of hilarity, with tons of coaches saying no, if it meant there was a chance Sean was not seriously being considered.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 15, 2017, 02:13:31 PM »
The reality is that we are Iowa State, Minnesota, Indiana, Illinois, Texas Tech, Virginia, Kentucky, Missouri, you get the idea...and our HC hire will be on par with any of these other "mid-level" P5 schools.

This is accurate.

BUT, there have been elite jobs that reached out to Venables. Which means K-State could make that hire which would basically be an upper tier hire. ALSO, no one, absolutely not a single P5 job would consider Sean for their HC position. So that would be less than a lowest tier hire.

So if Sean is seriously a possibility, you can offer guys like Brent, or hell even Stoops since his kids will be here, maybe Leavitt, then lots of others. And if every single person you can name says no, let Sean have it. In no world, should Sean ever be offered the job before at least 8-10 others have said no.

is Stoops kid walking on here next year a done deal, has he came out and said that?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 15, 2017, 02:21:53 PM »

This is accurate.

I hate that people use this as a criteria, Sean is uniquely qualified to only coach here, no one doubts that, but coaches get hired under that scenario all of the time. The best example of this is Chip Kelly. He was a OC at Oregon for two years before he got that job, it was his only FBS experience, he wasn't going to get another decent P5 job based on that. He got the Oregon job because he was familiar with the system and after working with him for two years they were comfortable with him taking over.

Lincoln Riley is another example. He was thought of as a rising star but he wasn't likely to get another job last season. He probably would have gotten a chance this season, but he wasn't a serous candidate for the open jobs last season. He got the OU job because he was there, they were comfortable handing him the keys because they saw him work everyday.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 15, 2017, 02:31:47 PM »
Chip and Lincoln had top 5-10 offenses their two years as OC's.

If Sean would be OC for two years and be impressive, I would 100% be behind him (I think). I'm not sure he'd even be able to know what to call/influence the call on a 4th and short or something at this point.

I guess we'll see, cause he could be great, or absolutely terrible. I would just rather not put ourselves in the situation to find out.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: December 15, 2017, 02:35:34 PM »
Ditto to Shooter's point, but to add the following the comparison to riley is waaaaay off-base.  riley won the broyles award last year, and would've been a pretty hot name for some jobs this year.  people woke to the situation at OU say that bob stepped down when he did because he didn't want riley leaving for a HC somewhere else. 

and not for nothing, but i think the jury is still out on Riley.  i want to see what he does without the best QB in big 12 history taking snaps.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 15, 2017, 02:40:06 PM »
Bishop does not play for ou, Dlew12
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 15, 2017, 02:42:39 PM »

If Sean would be OC for two years and be impressive, I would 100% be behind him (I think). I'm not sure he'd even be able to know what to call/influence the call on a 4th and short or something at this point.

I guess we'll see, cause he could be great, or absolutely terrible. I would just rather not put ourselves in the situation to find out.

Yeah and they both inherited those offenses. The point wasn't to challenge their bonafides but to illustrate that at the time of their hires they almost certainly wouldn't have landed like jobs if not for familiarity.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 15, 2017, 03:54:11 PM »

Yeah and they both inherited those offenses. The point wasn't to challenge their bonafides but to illustrate that at the time of their hires they almost certainly wouldn't have landed like jobs if not for familiarity.

I just feel that guys like Chip and Lincoln had proven to be creative minds and could develop offensive schemes with the best coaches in the country. And the same can be said for Leavitt and Venables on the defensive side.

Which means as head coaches, they can HEAVILY influence schemes/game plans on that side of the ball and even on the other side with how that plays out. I'm really not sure what Sean brings to that table at all, besides the handful of SP plays each game. Which means he would have to rely completely on his coordinators, and that scares the absolute crap out of me if he doesn't catch lightning in a bottle with really good young coordinators.

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 15, 2017, 04:22:30 PM »
Bishop does not play for ou, Dlew12

Or Vince Young