Author Topic: white horse thread  (Read 13983 times)

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: white horse thread
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2016, 11:44:10 AM »
Has a 3rd party candidate ever won a state in the modern era?  BTW I have no idea what constitutes the modern era but I'm sure it's a thing.

Teddy Roosevelt of the Progressive party won 8 states in 1912. Is that modern enough?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2016, 11:48:00 AM »
Has a 3rd party candidate ever won a state in the modern era?  BTW I have no idea what constitutes the modern era but I'm sure it's a thing.

Teddy Roosevelt of the Progressive party won 8 states in 1912. Is that modern enough?

I don't think so.  I mean the Panama Canal hadn't even opened yet for goodness sake.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2016, 11:51:23 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_third_party_performances_in_United_States_presidential_elections

George Wallace of the American Independent party won 46 electoral votes (carried 5 states) in 1968. That was the last time a 3rd party won any electoral votes.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2016, 11:53:49 AM »
That one racist guy won a bunch of the South in the 50's or 60's
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2016, 11:54:37 AM »
McMullin's got a real shot at winning this.  The rural areas will still probably go overwhelmingly for Trump, but the suburban Morridor where most of the population is will continue to move away from Trump to McMullin following the lead of their party/church leaders who are making that move.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2016, 12:10:43 PM »
That one racist guy won a bunch of the South in the 50's or 60's

Thanks lukelukelukelukelukelukeluke

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2016, 12:20:25 PM »
McMullin's got a real shot at winning this.  The rural areas will still probably go overwhelmingly for Trump, but the suburban Morridor where most of the population is will continue to move away from Trump to McMullin following the lead of their party/church leaders who are making that move.

He has no shot at winning, but it might be a better write-in vote for me than Master Splinter or Frank Martin.  (<-----Who I actually think would make a really good president)

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2016, 12:28:12 PM »
You may be wondering why we are asking you to write in “Nathan Johnson” and not Mindy Finn, Evan’s running mate for Vice President. As you know, the campaign was required to file paperwork in order to qualify as a write-in. At the time, a formal Vice Presidential pick had not yet been made. However, Evan’s trusted friend Nathan Johnson offered to step up and fill the Vice Presidential slot in order to meet the legal requirements of write-in filings. Therefore, when casting a write-in vote, the vote should be cast for “Evan McMullin” and “Nathan Johnson.”

In the event that the election is pushed to the House of Representatives, Nathan Johnson would then resign as the Vice Presidential nominee to be replaced by Mindy Finn.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2016, 12:29:30 PM »

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2016, 12:36:34 PM »
McMullin seems like a better option than Johnson for my co-worker. I need a 1 page summary to print out for him.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2016, 12:45:13 PM »

He has no shot at winning, but it might be a better write-in vote for me than Master Splinter or Frank Martin.  (<-----Who I actually think would make a really good president)

Was talking about Utah only.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2016, 01:51:56 PM »

I would think the rural (more momo areas) would go heavy McMullin, but could see them being slower to move just because =no internets!!=.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2016, 01:53:47 PM »

I would think the rural (more momo areas) would go heavy McMullin, but could see them being slower to move just because =no internets!!=.

Poor people love Trump, and rural people tend to be mostly poor.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2016, 02:14:00 PM »

Democrats are so poor they're Democrats tho.  :dunno:

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2016, 02:18:28 PM »

Could be, but there are a lot of Cliven Bundy supporters out there and I'd guess they vote Trump.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2016, 02:33:12 PM »
I really thought this was going to be about some great new type of heroin. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2016, 02:59:37 PM »

I think poor white people tend to vote republican. They definitely vote Trump. Not sure if they've always voted republican.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2016, 03:39:46 PM »

Two totally different demographics. Poor republicans want more better paying jobs, while poor democrats want more better paying government programs.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2016, 03:44:52 PM »
dnr the last several idk how many posts because omg Morridor is the best word oat

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2016, 03:56:58 PM »
I just came here to give the good news sys
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2016, 04:52:40 PM »
he's going to get this thing done, liblib.  it's the greatest political underdog story any of us will ever witness.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2016, 09:50:06 AM »
Not sure if this was made by an ex-mo for laughs or to sabotage McMullin or by a crazy-mo that really believes the white horse stuff.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2016, 09:55:54 AM »
So, is @sys now urging everyone to vote Trump (unless you live in UT)?  :sdeek:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2016, 10:34:27 AM »
So, is @sys now urging everyone to vote Trump (unless you live in UT)?  :sdeek:

Still need people in blue states to vote Hillary.