Author Topic: Weed  (Read 61337 times)

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Weed
« on: January 30, 2015, 01:28:56 PM »
Nobody is in favor of it being illegal, right?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
Re: Weed
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 01:30:59 PM »
Indifferent. Does it really NEED to be legal, though? Is it that big of an issue  :dunno:
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 01:31:24 PM »
I feel like any ag- heavy state is insane to not legalize.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 01:33:06 PM »
which states will be the last holdouts? could KS realistically hold out longer than Utah?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 01:34:45 PM »
which states will be the last holdouts? could KS realistically hold out longer than Utah?
Texas.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 01:40:31 PM »
Texas.

I may be out of the loop here, but wouldn't legal weed be good for Texas, especially those that are so gung-ho on cracking down on illegal immigration? I know most of the best stuff is Made in the USA these days, but wouldn't legalization put the guys trafficking tons of brick-weed across the border out of business.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 01:41:49 PM »
Texas.

I may be out of the loop here, but wouldn't legal weed be good for Texas, especially those that are so gung-ho on cracking down on illegal immigration? I know most of the best stuff is Made in the USA these days, but wouldn't legalization put the guys trafficking tons of brick-weed across the border out of business.
I don't think you know very much about Texas politics, and that's OK.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 01:42:05 PM »
Legalized weed would be good for Texas but so would legalized gambling and that's never coming to Texas either.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 01:43:09 PM »
Green is the color of life, money and greed. 
Welcome in the spring and marvel. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 01:44:19 PM »
Seems like Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Virginia, both shitty Carolinas, etc would all be super quick to want to be able to legally grow this stuff.   :dunno:

Too bad Jesus was well known in his dislike of week, I guess.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2015, 01:45:31 PM »
Seems like Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Virginia, both shitty Carolinas, etc would all be super quick to want to be able to legally grow this stuff.   :dunno:

Too bad Jesus was well known in his dislike of week, I guess.
Yeah.  Dude hates Thursdays and Fridays, especially.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2015, 01:45:46 PM »

I am in favor of it being illegal. We don't need to legalize more crap that only makes people stupider and lazier. We've already got more than enough of that.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2015, 01:46:25 PM »
Indifferent. Does it really NEED to be legal, though? Is it that big of an issue  :dunno:

Kind of where I'm at, although I think most reasonable people would say it should probably be legal. It's just not something that is all that important to most of us. That's bad for the relative few who are going balls-out for legalization, because those in opposition seem pretty hardline against it.

Apathy, I guess.

On further thought, if I took all the people I know who would be either staunchly opposed to legal weed against those who favor legalization, I'd definitely say the pro-weed crowd includes many more people that I actually like and enjoy being around than the anti-weed group.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2015, 01:47:28 PM »

I am in favor of it being illegal. We don't need to legalize more crap that only makes people stupider and lazier. We've already got more than enough of that.

You're stances are so weird. Obv. smart, but where you fall from issue to issue is beyond me.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2015, 02:31:19 PM »

wow look at this big government nanny stater over here

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2015, 02:39:23 PM »
Cons that are against it are def weird.  I mean, they want the public out of their wallet but can't get enough public in their bedrooms or rec rooms.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2015, 02:45:42 PM »

Some people like freedom and liberty whereas others like big government and social engineering.  Different strokes.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2015, 02:47:01 PM »
I don't really care that much either way, but I definitely don't like the idea of arresting people for smoking pot. So I'd say that it should be decriminalized at the very least. Legalizing it and getting the tax revenue would be ideal, though.

Offline Catchacold

• Combo-Fan
  • Z28gY2F0cy4=
    • View Profile
    • wildcatgrowl.com
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2015, 02:47:44 PM »
Texas.

Connecticut

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2015, 02:52:27 PM »
Texas.

Connecticut

Huh?

Texas will almost certainly be the last state.  When it comes down to it, Texas politicians will cry with defiance that the "Republic of Texas" will be the lone star standing against the liberalization of modern society.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2015, 02:53:43 PM »
Nah Texas will eventually decriminalize it or something because of the whole "fiscal responsibility" argument

The answer is, always has been, always will be mississippi

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2015, 03:52:19 PM »

Some people like freedom and liberty whereas others like big government and social engineering.  Different strokes.

It's always the same flippant, ignorant "dur, you're a big government hypocrite" response. I'd be much more libertarian if I wasn't expected to pay for this lazy lifestyle on the other end. Dramatically reduce welfare so that I'm not paying for your meals, housing, and healthcare, and you're free to live the rest of your life in a drug-addled daze.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2015, 03:55:18 PM »

It's always the same flippant, ignorant "dur, you're a big government hypocrite" response. I'd be much more libertarian if I wasn't expected to pay for this lazy lifestyle on the other end. Dramatically reduce welfare so that I'm not paying for your meals, housing, and healthcare, and you're free to live the rest of your life in a drug-addled daze.

It's also possible that if smoking weed weren't giving people criminal records and making them undesirable to some employers that it would be easier for them to pull on their bootstraps and get to work.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2015, 03:56:12 PM »
Scotch tastes so much better when ridiculing weed smokers.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2015, 04:00:48 PM »
I don't think there will be a "last state" holdout, it will probably come from the federal level so there will be multiple "last states", kind of like gay marriage.

And I know plenty of highly motivated weed smokers. I actually don't know any lazy weed smokers, because smoking cali weed is an expensive habit.