Author Topic: Hit them bastards were it hurts - Fred and his cult of assholes  (Read 7679 times)

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Hit them bastards were it hurts - Fred and his cult of assholes
« on: December 17, 2012, 01:06:47 PM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
RIP Fatty

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Hit them bastards were it hurts - Fred and his cult of assholes
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 01:16:58 PM »
You have tried to use a one-time login link that has either been used or is no longer valid. Please request a new one using the form below.

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
RIP Fatty

Offline bakerman

• Big Salt Spokesperson
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 01:44:36 PM »
Signed.  This was a good idea of whoever thought it up.  I mean, we can't stop these assholes from parading around and being assholes, but if we could at least get them dropped from tax exemption that would be great.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 03:20:04 PM »
Can someone less lazy than myself make a petition to drop tax exemption from all churches?
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 03:21:20 PM »
Can someone less lazy than myself make a petition to drop tax exemption from all churches?

No crap.  Also the NCAA.
:adios:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 03:35:44 PM »

:thumbs:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 12:19:36 AM »

:thumbs:

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 12:24:04 AM »
If charities and other not-for-profit organizations have tax exempt status, then I see no reason for churches to not have it.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 12:33:47 AM »
I do not like Fred.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Hit them bastards were it hurts - Fred and his cult of assholes
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2012, 12:37:46 AM »
If charities and other not-for-profit organizations have tax exempt status, then I see no reason for churches to not have it.

Good point. Should just get rid of tax-exempt status. But especially for churches.
:adios:

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2012, 07:56:28 AM »

Good point. Should just get rid of tax-exempt status. But especially for churches.

Sure and that includes all the mosques and synagogs and shrines. Also can't leave out the religion of atheism and their worshipers.
RIP Fatty

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2012, 08:02:51 AM »

Sure and that includes all the mosques and synagogs and shrines. Also can't leave out the religion of atheism and their worshipers.

Is there an atheist church somewhere claiming tax exemption?

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2012, 08:08:17 AM »

Is there an atheist church somewhere claiming tax exemption?

http://ffrf.org/
RIP Fatty

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 08:16:54 AM »

Really, for the most part, churches are a better use of tax-exempt status than other not-for-profit entitites, including charities. Typically, church donations are used to pay the minister about $30,000, maintain the church and the minister's property, and support local and national charity causes. If you want to support the poor in your local area, you really couldn't do a whole lot better than giving to the right church. There are exceptions to every case, of course. Some churches are nothing more than a money racket, and others are in such poor shape that nearly all of the donations they receive go to building maintenance.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 08:17:10 AM »

Until everyone is exempt - everyone should pay.   

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2012, 08:24:14 AM »

Until everyone is exempt - everyone should pay.

I disagree. If you want to start a charitable foundation, you are free to do that and your foundation will not pay taxes. You will still pay taxes on whatever you take from the foundation for your salary, but I think you will find that there is not enough money in running a charity to pay taxes and have anything left over for charitable giving.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2012, 08:36:38 AM »
I was hoping to somehow put emphasis on "until everyone is exempt"

I don't disagree with you; I just think if you can justify taxing any organization, I don't see how a non-profit that people can draw a salary off of is any different.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2012, 09:10:46 AM »
shocking, the gun nut is against charity as well.

trying too hard to be edgy.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2012, 11:20:53 AM »
Government is a horrible charity. Taking away tax-exempt status for churches and other worthy  non-profits only means you must forcibly donate more to government to provide needed services to the poor. Dumbest idea ever.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2012, 11:27:11 AM »

where in any of that do you read "anti-charity"? 

Government is a horrible charity. Taking away tax-exempt status for churches and other worthy  non-profits only means you must forcibly donate more to government to provide needed services to the poor. Dumbest idea ever.
If you'll notice, I wrote - no one should be exempt until EVERYONE is exempt.
I'm more in favor of cutting spending & Taxes - why is it necessary for government to facilitate all of these services?  And I'm not talking cutting roads/bridges/police - there's a crap load of spending that goes on beyond that.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2012, 11:48:52 AM »

I'm more in favor of cutting spending & Taxes - why is it necessary for government to facilitate all of these services?  And I'm not talking cutting roads/bridges/police - there's a crap load of spending that goes on beyond that.

I was speaking to the anti-church crowd drooling over the prospect of churches paying taxes rather than helping the local poor. I don't even go to church (just isn't my thing), but I donate to one in particular because I see first hand the good they do and know that nearly 100% of the money goes directly to those that need it. Just more proof that the big government crowd is clueless about how taxes are spent. Charity should be left to the citizenry.

BTW, I have no problem with any tax-exempt entity being audited on a regular basis to make sure they are following the rules.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2012, 11:52:59 AM »

I was speaking to the anti-church crowd drooling over the prospect of churches paying taxes rather than helping the local poor. I don't even go to church (just isn't my thing), but I donate to one in particular because I see first hand the good they do and know that nearly 100% of the money goes directly to those that need it. Just more proof that the big government crowd is clueless about how taxes are spent. Charity should be left to the citizenry.

I don't think we're in disagreement - I apparently didn't write clearly enough for people to understand.  If everyone can't be tax exempt, no one should be.  Private organizations that are for profit do just as much good for their community - just as thousands of non-profit organizations don't do crap.