Author Topic: So, need some help  (Read 5120 times)

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: So, need some help
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2012, 09:42:36 AM »
How can I become part of the 47%? I don't know if I want to work any more, pay taxes, and have the 47% come in and by Cigarettes with my Tax money. Why should I work harder so that the government can take more of my money. Money that I would rather give to my church and other civic organizations. Semi-serious.

Sounds like a poor who gets either a shitton of welfare, tax breaks, and/or subsidies but don't think they are one of "those people."

I'm not a poor and I want to pay more in taxes if it helps people like you.  I can't take this cash with me and I only get so much vacation time.

Let me be clear MIR, I am all for the Government and my tax dollars going to people that need help and threw no fault of there own are on hard times or can not work due in part of a legit disability. These people need help and I am all for it. But I have a really tough time seeing my tax dollars helping people that appear to be perfectly able to be a productive member of society receive cradle to grave handouts. If you are okay with this, then that is your prerogative, but not mine.

PROTIP:  The reason you can't figure out how to become one of these people yourself is because there is no government program for folks sitting at home, doing nothing and cashing government checks.  These folks are disabled vets, or retirees, or work-to-welfare folks (who have to work, sorry) -- or something like that.  And even then you only get a pittance.

But go ahead, try it.  And please do post your efforts in this thread.

EDIT:  I forgot to note that the 47% of "non-taxpayers" also includes super rich folks with dividend income only and smart tax dodges.  Aim for that.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 10:00:30 AM by Ghost of Stan Parrish »
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2012, 09:51:19 AM »
Can a person without kids even qualify for any type of welfare?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2012, 09:52:45 AM »
How can I become part of the 47%? I don't know if I want to work any more, pay taxes, and have the 47% come in and by Cigarettes with my Tax money. Why should I work harder so that the government can take more of my money. Money that I would rather give to my church and other civic organizations. Semi-serious.

Sounds like a poor who gets either a shitton of welfare, tax breaks, and/or subsidies but don't think they are one of "those people."

I'm not a poor and I want to pay more in taxes if it helps people like you.  I can't take this cash with me and I only get so much vacation time.

Let me be clear MIR, I am all for the Government and my tax dollars going to people that need help and threw no fault of there own are on hard times or can not work due in part of a legit disability. These people need help and I am all for it. But I have a really tough time seeing my tax dollars helping people that appear to be perfectly able to be a productive member of society receive cradle to grave handouts. If you are okay with this, then that is your prerogative, but not mine.

Where do you draw that line, how do you or anyone else determines who really needs help and who is getting a handout?  Me, I'm happy to have lots of things, it helps my happiness and peace of mind to keep my nose out of other people's business so I don't have to worry about who is worthy or not.  That's quite a burden, you'll feel better if you free yourself from it.

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2012, 10:03:35 AM »

PROTIP:  The reason you can't figure out how to become one of these people yourself is because there is no government program for folks sitting at home, doing nothing and cashing government checks.  These folks are disabled vets, or retirees, or work-to-welfare folks (who have to work, sorry) -- or something like that.  And even then you only get a pittance.

EDIT:  I forgot to note that the 47% of "non-taxpayers" also includes super rich folks with dividend income only and smart tax dodges.  Aim for that.

Work to welfare was executive orders out by the President. And sorry but working at a minimum wage job 5 hours a week is now working.
RIP Fatty

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2012, 10:07:32 AM »

Work to welfare was executive orders out by the President. And sorry but working at a minimum wage job 5 hours a week is now working.

Okay, glad you feel that way.  Then it falls within the parameters of what you want to try.  Go for it.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2012, 11:02:17 AM »
Oh my God, how has the government been overlooking this loophole all these years? Let's all quit our jobs! There's no reason not to!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2012, 11:09:59 AM »
Oh my God, how has the government been overlooking this loophole all these years? Let's all quit our jobs! There's no reason not to!

We will live like kings! It's going to be so awesome rolling out of my Obamabed at noon to smoke my Obamajoint. Then I'm going to log onto the Obamanet and play some World of Warcraft while chowing down on some cheetos (food stamp purchased). Maybe later in the evening I'll ride the Obamabus downtown and go on an EBomaT shopping spree, laughing at all the stupid peasants working at the mall. Where do I sign up, "storm" nut?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2012, 11:11:49 AM »
I've always wondered how people who don't work can afford all those drugs. Now it's so obvious. Scheduled to work this evening. I wish I could be there to see my boss' face when I don't show up!

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2012, 12:09:36 PM »
Guys, Nancy Pelosi did say that unemployment bennies and food stamps were a boon for the economy, so if everyone is on them, we should be in great shape! :excited:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2012, 12:11:55 PM »
storm, if you do this thing (which sounds great from the way you are describing it) I will make an entirely new board on here for you to report your successes/failures and I'll let you moderate it.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2012, 01:00:54 PM »
I guess most of the good suggestions have already been given, but you could have your limbs blown off in Afghanistan and become a disabled veteran. They are in the 47% of moochers. 

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2012, 01:06:15 PM »
I guess most of the good suggestions have already been given, but you could have your limbs blown off in Afghanistan and become a disabled veteran. They are in the 47% of moochers. 

You could be a college student, most of them are sucking on the government tit in some way.
:adios:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2012, 01:20:57 PM »

no.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2012, 02:50:41 PM »

no.

Seems pretty easy to get SSI disability these days.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2012, 02:52:02 PM »

no.

i was going to throw a bunch of disabled, etc caveats in, but i thought it ruined the elegance of the post. 
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2012, 02:52:27 PM »

no.

what are you basing this on?

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2012, 03:19:28 PM »

no.

30% increase over the last 2 years.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2012, 03:21:00 PM »

no.

30% increase over the last 2 years.

jesus, you got this storm!

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2012, 03:34:44 PM »
so medicaid/medicare cost this country a whole lot more than the unemployment benefits and supposedly worthwhile tax exemptions that poor people receive. shouldn't conservatives be harping on the obese who are destined to develop diabetes the same way they go after the lazy and unintelligent? do they not because it just plain isn't polite to call someone fat?

what i'm trying to say is, stormnut would be better served in his effort to take advantage of the government by eating himself to kidney failure rather than simply getting fired.