Author Topic: RB/WR  (Read 14301 times)

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: RB/WR
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2015, 08:18:57 AM »
who do you see taking snaps for us cas? with our lack of any even semi-proven talent at the other skill positions I'd like to see a super fast guy back there.

I'd really like to see it go in this order:

1A: Delton
1B: Banks

2: Hubener

3. Ertz

With that being said, it's anybody's guess on what we decide to do with Delton. You have two choices, redshirt and don't look back or start him.

If you go with the redshirt, which I think is probably the smartest, safest move, then I would like to see Banks be starting by conference play. I would bet that either Ertz or Hubener starts the opener and the next few games as we try to bring Banks and Delton along.

While Bazooka Joe is a ways down on my list of preferred starters, I haven't totally given up on him. He has good arm strength and really played pretty well in garbage time last year. The reason that most people have soured on him is his performance in the Spring Game.

Ertz, IMO, isn't really a factor. Don't like him. I would be very disappointed if he is named the starter based on what I've seen.

I guess who you want to be the starter depends on what you think this season holds. If you think that we just chalk this one up as a rebuilding season and win 6-7 games, then I say you roll with Delton/Banks from Day 1. If you think this team could win 9+ and compete for a NY6 bowl game/conference title, then, well I think you have to start Hubener to start with based on his experience and time in the program.

I get what you're saying...but if the team is chalking this one up as a rebuilding year (admitting this as a program would go against more than 1, maybe all, of LHCBS's goals) then can't you argue that you should save the promising QBs for next year when we should have some better offensive talent? If the team is going to have a 6-7 win ceiling this season then why not just play Ertz or Bazooka Joe? I get the argument of getting Delton/Banks experience but that seems to be a waste in the end.

Bottom line: I don't think that this program will accept 6 or 7 wins as a ceiling. I think there's enough talent on this team to surprise people and finish 3-5 in the league and surprise some folks. Start the best guy - probably Delton or Banks - and have some fun getting 8 or 9 wins. Beat the teams they should and find an upset somewhere. :dunno:
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2015, 10:49:38 AM »
who do you see taking snaps for us cas? with our lack of any even semi-proven talent at the other skill positions I'd like to see a super fast guy back there.

3. Ertz

With that being said, it's anybody's guess on what we decide to do with Delton. You have two choices, redshirt and don't look back or start him.

If you go with the redshirt, which I think is probably the smartest, safest move, then I would like to see Banks be starting by conference play. I would bet that either Ertz or Hubener starts the opener and the next few games as we try to bring Banks and Delton along.

While Bazooka Joe is a ways down on my list of preferred starters, I haven't totally given up on him. He has good arm strength and really played pretty well in garbage time last year. The reason that most people have soured on him is his performance in the Spring Game.

Ertz, IMO, isn't really a factor. Don't like him. I would be very disappointed if he is named the starter based on what I've seen.

I guess who you want to be the starter depends on what you think this season holds. If you think that we just chalk this one up as a rebuilding season and win 6-7 games, then I say you roll with Delton/Banks from Day 1. If you think this team could win 9+ and compete for a NY6 bowl game/conference title, then, well I think you have to start Hubener to start with based on his experience and time in the program.

I get what you're saying...but if the team is chalking this one up as a rebuilding year (admitting this as a program would go against more than 1, maybe all, of LHCBS's goals) then can't you argue that you should save the promising QBs for next year when we should have some better offensive talent? If the team is going to have a 6-7 win ceiling this season then why not just play Ertz or Bazooka Joe? I get the argument of getting Delton/Banks experience but that seems to be a waste in the end.

Bottom line: I don't think that this program will accept 6 or 7 wins as a ceiling. I think there's enough talent on this team to surprise people and finish 3-5 in the league and surprise some folks. Start the best guy - probably Delton or Banks - and have some fun getting 8 or 9 wins. Beat the teams they should and find an upset somewhere. :dunno:

This team's floor is 7 wins.   The ceiling is probably 9 if we can get into a bowl game against a losery opponent or if OSU flops this year.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2015, 11:00:50 AM »
the "floor is 7 wins" comment is very lol.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2015, 12:16:28 PM »
This team's floor is 7 wins.   The ceiling is probably 9 if we can get into a bowl game against a losery opponent or if OSU flops this year.

Its rough ridin' 12 wins you doofus 
@Trogdor_gE

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2015, 12:24:57 PM »
Title or bust. For God's sake we're K-State. 
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 12:00:58 PM by Winters »
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2015, 12:36:32 PM »

I guarantee at least seven wins this season.  And you can take that to the bank, Steve Dave.  :party:
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2015, 06:53:02 PM »

I guarantee at least seven wins this season.  And you can take that to the bank, Steve Dave.  :party:

Please tell me what those 7 wins are.

TIA.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2015, 07:00:38 PM »

Winning seven doesn't prove that it was our floor, but I still hope ur right
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2015, 11:18:15 PM »

3. Ertz

I don't think we have anywhere close to having the talent on offense to win 9 or so games. While I don't rule it out as a possibility, I think even the most optimistic CATS fan would be tickled pink if we won 9.

I understand your point about saving Delton/Banks, but I think there is something to be said for getting their feet wet this season and gaining valuable this year and it paying dividends in the next few years.

Also, in regards to your point about starting the best QB, that is ultimately what will happen. Regardless, (or as dlew and I like to say "disirregardlessly") of what fans think/want I trust the staff to choose the best player. However, the only option that I won't be please with is Ertz.

Bottom line: we have 3 QBs that I'm ok with rolling with to start the season. Could be worse when it comes to the amount of options.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2015, 11:28:02 PM »
SIDENOTE:

I don't know if you guys recall, but Ryan Wallace was definitely not all the way on board with the late addition of Banks.

While, you, me and most other Cats fans see the addition of a 4*, HS qualifier, joining the team after only 1 year of JUCO as a positive. Wallace didn't see the logic.

So, while at FattyFest, I spoke with John Kurtz (stud) about Banks because I knew Kurtz really liked the addition. I asserted that Wallace is an idiot for not liking the pickup and I think he more or less agreed.

Most people think Banks was brought in to start right way and while I think that is possible, I think LHOFCBS's vision of Banks is a '13 version of Sams. I was in pro-Waters camp because I thought it better utilized TT and Lockett that year, but with this years sorry crop of WRs, Banks might be just what we need.

IMHO, I think (at the very least) Banks buys a redshirt for Delton, which I think is very valuable.

This upcoming season looks a lot like with 2013 w/ a better defense and a whole lot less talent at the skill postions on offense. 8 wins is the ceiling IMO.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2015, 01:13:04 PM »
How can you not like cas4ksu, great poster

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2015, 03:38:27 PM »
Donkmentia.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2015, 04:17:53 PM »
SIDENOTE:

I don't know if you guys recall, but Ryan Wallace was definitely not all the way on board with the late addition of Banks.

While, you, me and most other Cats fans see the addition of a 4*, HS qualifier, joining the team after only 1 year of JUCO as a positive. Wallace didn't see the logic.

So, while at FattyFest, I spoke with John Kurtz (stud) about Banks because I knew Kurtz really liked the addition. I asserted that Wallace is an idiot for not liking the pickup and I think he more or less agreed.

Most people think Banks was brought in to start right way and while I think that is possible, I think LHOFCBS's vision of Banks is a '13 version of Sams. I was in pro-Waters camp because I thought it better utilized TT and Lockett that year, but with this years sorry crop of WRs, Banks might be just what we need.

IMHO, I think (at the very least) Banks buys a redshirt for Delton, which I think is very valuable.

This upcoming season looks a lot like with 2013 w/ a better defense and a whole lot less talent at the skill postions on offense. 8 wins is the ceiling IMO.

Banks is our late replacement for Aaron Sharp. Turns out Snyder really wanted a QB in that class after all.

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2015, 06:52:52 PM »
Can't wait for California Love to go all, "Ell Roberson," on opposing Big12 defenses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kstofer

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2015, 07:41:39 PM »
I'd say that QB fits into the "may not be very good" pool of skill position concerns.

Our Offense is basically Gronk and the Donks (Donks is a bad thing word I made up because of its rhymenessness with Gronk)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufDTDUPZrag

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2015, 09:32:44 PM »
Can't wait for California Love to go all, "Ell Roberson," on opposing Big12 defenses

I wouldn't go that far but it's going to be fun

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2015, 09:35:28 PM »

I wouldn't go that far but it's going to be fun

Fun indeed. :cheers:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2015, 09:55:47 PM »
i agree with the last two studs posting in this thread
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2015, 07:28:36 PM »
I made a Cali Love tweet the other night and I'll be damned if ole California Love himself didn't retweet that sob.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2015, 02:38:54 PM »
I made a Cali Love tweet the other night and I'll be damned if ole California Love himself didn't retweet that sob.
:love:

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2015, 03:02:17 PM »
#allgasnobrakes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2015, 03:12:18 PM »
#allgasnobrakes

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2015, 03:18:24 PM »
#allgasnobrakes

The man said it himself

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2015, 04:33:31 PM »
Have concerns with making this stick since he is from Houston, TX.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2015, 07:53:39 PM »
go away fedor
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite