Author Topic: The Trump Candidacy  (Read 433085 times)

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Candidacy
« Reply #225 on: July 14, 2015, 05:43:28 PM »
http://golfweek.com/documents/2015/jul/13/trumps-letter-lpga-commissioner-whan/

Dear Michael,

As you know, I have been a tremendous supporter of women's golf. When others wanted nothing to do with it, and many thought that the LPGA tour was a thing of the past and had absolutely no future, I stuck with the tour and with the ladies, many of whom I have gotten to know and respect—not only for their great talent but for being wonderful people. I defended the LPGA Tour for years. In many cases, because all of my seventeen clubs are very successful (with most of them being high end private), I had enormous pushback from my members. I would, and do, allow LPGA players to use and practice at my facilities, free of charge, with members not being thrilled. The good news is that last week, prior to the immense support I am now getting for being right on the issue of illegal immigration, many of the women came to my defense. Natalie Gulbis, Suzann Pettersen and others were wonderful in stating the good I have done for women's golf. Their words of support were very much appreciated by me.

Unfortunately, their Commissioner – you—who I do not even know, put out a nasty statement "At the current time, plans are to continue to stage the RICOH Women's British Open at Turnberry. With just three weeks until the championship, a change in venue for this prestigious major simply isn't feasible without significantly diminishing the event. By no means, however, does this decision suggest support for Mr. Trump's comments" (which have proven correct). You never called me to tell me this, as common decency would have dictated, but rather just put it out to the media. As you have heard, and as Univision and NBC are finding out, I am a "plus 5" at contracts. You have an absolutely binding contract to play the great Turnberry Ailsa course but, based on your rude comment to the press, please let this letter serve to represent that, subject to a conversation with me on the details, I would be willing to let you play the Women's British Open, in two weeks, at another course rather than magnificent Turnberry (which I own). I think you have done an extraordinary disservice to women's golf, but in no way will that diminish my respect for the women on the LPGA tour or their great golfing talent.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss my releasing the LPGA from its obligations under the contract. Obviously, you will have to move quickly!

Sincerely, Donald J. Trump.

P.S. Apparently, the American public disagrees with you in that I have just gone to #1 and #2 in the polls.

:D

... he copy/pasted two polls at the end of the letter

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 14, 2015, 05:57:22 PM »
Dan Carlin did a podcast with a guy who is running a PAC called Wolf-Pac specifically trying to get an amendment to get rid of the corporatation= a person and revise contribution laws.  I am all for it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I'm all for this as long as it treats labor unions in the same way.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 14, 2015, 06:00:20 PM »
It's so adorable how much JD hates unions  :lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 14, 2015, 06:21:47 PM »
It's so adorable how much JD hates unions  :lol:

Libs throw the "HATE" word around so casually. I do dislike unions, though. They have simply outlived their usefulness in the USofA.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 14, 2015, 06:22:54 PM »
http://golfweek.com/documents/2015/jul/13/trumps-letter-lpga-commissioner-whan/

Dear Michael,

As you know, I have been a tremendous supporter of women's golf. When others wanted nothing to do with it, and many thought that the LPGA tour was a thing of the past and had absolutely no future, I stuck with the tour and with the ladies, many of whom I have gotten to know and respect—not only for their great talent but for being wonderful people. I defended the LPGA Tour for years. In many cases, because all of my seventeen clubs are very successful (with most of them being high end private), I had enormous pushback from my members. I would, and do, allow LPGA players to use and practice at my facilities, free of charge, with members not being thrilled. The good news is that last week, prior to the immense support I am now getting for being right on the issue of illegal immigration, many of the women came to my defense. Natalie Gulbis, Suzann Pettersen and others were wonderful in stating the good I have done for women's golf. Their words of support were very much appreciated by me.

Unfortunately, their Commissioner – you—who I do not even know, put out a nasty statement "At the current time, plans are to continue to stage the RICOH Women's British Open at Turnberry. With just three weeks until the championship, a change in venue for this prestigious major simply isn't feasible without significantly diminishing the event. By no means, however, does this decision suggest support for Mr. Trump's comments" (which have proven correct). You never called me to tell me this, as common decency would have dictated, but rather just put it out to the media. As you have heard, and as Univision and NBC are finding out, I am a "plus 5" at contracts. You have an absolutely binding contract to play the great Turnberry Ailsa course but, based on your rude comment to the press, please let this letter serve to represent that, subject to a conversation with me on the details, I would be willing to let you play the Women's British Open, in two weeks, at another course rather than magnificent Turnberry (which I own). I think you have done an extraordinary disservice to women's golf, but in no way will that diminish my respect for the women on the LPGA tour or their great golfing talent.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss my releasing the LPGA from its obligations under the contract. Obviously, you will have to move quickly!

Sincerely, Donald J. Trump.

P.S. Apparently, the American public disagrees with you in that I have just gone to #1 and #2 in the polls.

:D

... he copy/pasted two polls at the end of the letter

He's got some moxie!  :gocho:

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 14, 2015, 06:29:29 PM »
I was listening to NPR this afternoon on my drive home and they mentioned a great point about Trump:

"Your boss isn't the most favorable guy in the office, but he's your boss for a reason...and Trump is a boss."

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 14, 2015, 06:49:12 PM »
i'd actually consider trump if he was able to win election as governor of new york or get elected to the house or senate for a term or two.  I mean surely you can see that someone with no political experience running the highest political office in the country is a recipe for absolute disaster right?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 14, 2015, 07:34:52 PM »
What exactly is it about someone's corporations filing for chapter 11 bankruptcy FOUR times that qualifies said someone to lead this nation's executive office?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 08:07:25 AM by roidhead »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 14, 2015, 07:38:51 PM »
The fact that they are also too stupid for tact.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 14, 2015, 07:53:55 PM »
The fact that he's kind of fat and not good-looking.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 14, 2015, 07:55:55 PM »
I don't believe in media conspiracies, but if I did, I would wonder whether or not the rise of Trump is actually encouraged/facilitated by Democratic agents.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 14, 2015, 08:10:15 PM »
The Donald has my primary vote, no doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 14, 2015, 08:23:12 PM »
I don't believe in media conspiracies, but if I did, I would wonder whether or not the rise of Trump is actually encouraged/facilitated by Democratic agents.
Oh this is definitely part of Trump's current media presence. I was going to say the same thing about Walker. Insidery types are guessin' that the Obama administration is purposely attacking Scott Walker because they know that anyone Barry attacks will win huge support from the most losery conservatives and it will drain the GOP base. Giving Trump early attention does the same thing.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 14, 2015, 08:28:36 PM »
The Donald has my primary vote, no doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, definitely

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 15, 2015, 07:51:49 AM »
Oh this is definitely part of Trump's current media presence. I was going to say the same thing about Walker. Insidery types are guessin' that the Obama administration is purposely attacking Scott Walker because they know that anyone Barry attacks will win huge support from the most losery conservatives and it will drain the GOP base. Giving Trump early attention does the same thing.

this is very lol and accurate.

Barry O: Jump
The Far Right: eff YOU! How high?

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: July 15, 2015, 08:10:32 AM »
i want to see sanders and trump debate each other.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 15, 2015, 08:18:14 AM »
i want to see sanders and trump debate each other.

Would be comedy gold. If not I'd like to see their counterparts on SNL do it.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 15, 2015, 08:19:58 AM »
i'd actually consider trump if he was able to win election as governor of new york or get elected to the house or senate for a term or two.  I mean surely you can see that someone with no political experience running the highest political office in the country is a recipe for absolute disaster right?

I don't see experience being a real issue at all. I like most politicians a lot less after they gain experience. I just don't like him because of his foreign policy and his immigration policy. It's also not good that he holds grudges and can't keep his mouth shut when he needs to.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 15, 2015, 08:53:45 AM »
you know, if this mexican hating socially inept silver spoon baby who declared bankruptcy 4 times just had a little bit of experience I'd vote for him guys.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 17, 2015, 12:35:27 PM »

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 17, 2015, 12:45:46 PM »

he fails the boehner test. too orange to be president.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 17, 2015, 01:13:21 PM »
old white Americans disagree and find his orange super bonerific, apparently.  Leading the Pubs as of today.  Also, side WTF note, Scott Walker is leading Jeb.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/17/politics/donald-trump-summer-surge/index.html