Poll

Will the "cool" Pinstripe Bowl K-State be on the new field at BSFS?

Yes . . . it's cool.  Currie Prevails.
NO . . . OB Wins again.

Author Topic: BSFS Expansion Thread  (Read 3986009 times)

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
Re: BSFS Expansion Thread
« Reply #17425 on: July 13, 2015, 11:03:04 PM »
Its the Taj Mahal of MHK

I hope not. The Taj Mahal is a mausoleum. Your statement implies that 'Cats football is dead.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17426 on: July 13, 2015, 11:09:28 PM »

Carl and Mary Ice Family Video Board looks like a sideways obelisk from 2001 A Space Odyssey.
[/quote]

It's a monolith not an obelisk

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17427 on: July 13, 2015, 11:19:45 PM »
What's better than a castle? A castle with multiple sci-fi references.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17428 on: July 14, 2015, 12:21:52 AM »
I bet @nicname could do better

It's pretty impressive.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17429 on: July 14, 2015, 04:40:26 AM »
What am I looking at?

I'm guessing the green stuff that's sprayed on the NW wedge.  Looks like the stuff they spray when starting grass from seed (which wouldn't make a lot of sense in mid-July).   :dunno:

Also, the NEZ SOD (slide of death) is now covered with a different color of turf as the SEZ SOD, so we  kind of have like a bunch of different shades of green turf on the field.
I stayed at the Shades of Green resort when I was 13.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #17430 on: July 14, 2015, 07:14:21 AM »

Carl and Mary Ice Family Video Board looks like a sideways obelisk from 2001 A Space Odyssey.

It's a monolith not an obelisk

Shots fired!! :horrorsurprise:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 07:57:13 AM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17431 on: July 14, 2015, 08:47:08 AM »
I can probably 99.9% guarantee ADJC doesn't notice a big difference in the 50 Shades of Green and the condition of the playing turf. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17432 on: July 14, 2015, 09:29:35 AM »
the field looks like crap.  the new turf looks gr8

It definitely shows how good the field could look with turf that runs all the way up to that limestone field wall.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17433 on: July 14, 2015, 09:32:20 AM »
needs more powercats

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17434 on: July 14, 2015, 09:38:56 AM »
needs more powercats

Grumblings that the back of the scoreboard will have a welcome type message and possibly no powercats.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17435 on: July 14, 2015, 10:08:28 AM »
needs more powercats

Grumblings that the back of the scoreboard will have a welcome type message and possibly no powercats.
BURN IT DOWN!

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #17436 on: July 14, 2015, 10:09:25 AM »
needs more powercats

BURN IT DOWN!

like a dara's sign where they change the letters to a funny saying and score predicto every week?

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17437 on: July 14, 2015, 11:04:19 AM »
the field looks like crap.  the new turf looks gr8

It definitely shows how good the field could look with turf that runs all the way up to that limestone field wall.

Looks like a putting green. Pretty sexy imo
@Trogdor_gE

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #17438 on: July 14, 2015, 11:20:13 AM »
Will the indoor practice facility and practice fields always be south of Bramlage?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17439 on: July 14, 2015, 11:23:43 AM »
Will the indoor practice facility and practice fields always be south of Bramlage?

The old outdoors practice fields are now leveled and becoming women's soccer fields. Unsure of long term plans for the indoor.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17440 on: July 14, 2015, 11:26:14 AM »
needs more powercats

BURN IT DOWN!

like a dara's sign where they change the letters to a funny saying and score predicto every week?
This would be great
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #17441 on: July 14, 2015, 11:40:13 AM »
I can probably 99.9% guarantee ADJC doesn't notice a big difference in the 50 Shades of Green and the condition of the playing turf.

New turf looks great. If it was all that color it would be :love:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17442 on: July 14, 2015, 12:34:20 PM »

Don't be a rough ridin' moron
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17443 on: July 14, 2015, 01:16:53 PM »

The old outdoors practice fields are now leveled and becoming women's soccer fields. Unsure of long term plans for the indoor.

Should build a practice lair underneath BSFS, batman style
@Trogdor_gE

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17444 on: July 14, 2015, 02:26:04 PM »

The old outdoors practice fields are now leveled and becoming women's soccer fields.

thought they were gonna put one of the fields as a football practice field?  that's what I thought I heard and why I figured they'd eventually practice on it, and not make the field at BSFS look so crappy and why we would eventually get new turf at BSFS once the NE corner was complete and the limestone field wall were done.  crap?

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17445 on: July 14, 2015, 02:37:59 PM »

The old outdoors practice fields are now leveled and becoming women's soccer fields.

thought they were gonna put one of the fields as a football practice field?  that's what I thought I heard and why I figured they'd eventually practice on it, and not make the field at BSFS look so crappy and why we would eventually get new turf at BSFS once the NE corner was complete and the limestone field wall were done.  crap?
The east field will be used by both teams. Football rarely practices over there anyways.

The west field will be used exclusively for soccer.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17446 on: July 14, 2015, 02:45:36 PM »

The east field will be used by both teams. Football rarely practices over there anyways.

my thoughts are that Bill doesn't practice over there, 1)because it's grass and 2)it's far from the locker room and 3)it's easy for people to watch from the street.  With the soccer stadium blocking the east field from plain sight, and it being field turf, I could see us using it more, or Currie telling him to use it, so our next field turf at BSFS doesn't look like used dog crap 24/7

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17447 on: July 14, 2015, 02:54:27 PM »

my thoughts are that Bill doesn't practice over there, 1)because it's grass and 2)it's far from the locker room and 3)it's easy for people to watch from the street.  With the soccer stadium blocking the east field from plain sight, and it being field turf, I could see us using it more, or Currie telling him to use it, so our next field turf at BSFS doesn't look like used dog crap 24/7

The main reason they would practice over there is because it's grass. If that's no longer the case then they may never go over there because of reasons 2 and 3.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17448 on: July 14, 2015, 02:59:14 PM »
my guess is Snyder didn't like practicing over there because anyone walking on the sidewalk by there can see in.  with a soccer stadium, that should solve that problem.  are we the only team that practices in the actual stadium so much?  I mean the turf looks like total butt

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17449 on: July 14, 2015, 03:09:13 PM »
I thought they are doing the soccer stadium in turf, and then a practice field in turf and one in natural grass, for a total of 3? Maybe I heard that wrong.

I mean, we don't play a single game on grass this year, so we should probably be practicing on turf.