Author Topic: Scribe's South Dakota Review  (Read 1469 times)

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Scribe's South Dakota Review
« on: September 02, 2018, 04:58:20 PM »
Alex Barnes shouldn't get another touch the rest of the season. I've always considered Silmon a better all purpose back and still don't get the love for him.

Alex Delton hasn't improved at all, still telegraphs throws and should've had 3 legit picks. Not a D1 QB. He's a poor man's Sams.

I legit don't think our receivers could drop anymore passes.

Special teams looked good.

For most of the game we didn't get any QB pressure, I dont remember us dailing up any blitzes, which is pretty normal at this stage for playing vanilla.

Shelley didn't look good in coverage, beat deep over the middle ( I believe it was him) multiple times.

We gave up how many points to South Dakota ??

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
Re: Scribe's South Dakota Review
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 05:06:12 PM »
people like alex barnes because he averages like 6 yards per carry for his career. those were the second and third fumbles of his career last night. he’s a really good running back who had an off night. sitting the guy who got 103 yards at 5 ypc last night probably isn’t going to fix our issues
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 05:12:27 PM by GoodForAnother »
emaw

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 05:25:48 PM »
thank goodness that i've already unsubscribed from this scribe's posts

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 05:40:41 PM »
Thank you, scribe.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 06:39:01 PM »
people like alex barnes because he averages like 6 yards per carry for his career. those were the second and third fumbles of his career last night. he’s a really good running back who had an off night. sitting the guy who got 103 yards at 5 ypc last night probably isn’t going to fix our issues

Nailed it. Damn near everything scribe said was wrong

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2018, 07:31:00 PM »

I'd add that he was utilized super poorly as well last night, which I fear will be a trend going forward.

Barnes is a big back that imo would benefit from a real power run game. Have we thrown out the pages in Snyder's 800-page playbook that include a power run game from under center? KState is supposed to have a great offensive line. If they wanted to keep it vanilla against a smaller, slower team like SDU, why not just pound the rough ridin' rock until they submit.

Good teams run downhill when opponents are inept to stop it. There is no reason for that to ever change imo.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 07:39:48 PM »

I'd add that he was utilized super poorly as well last night, which I fear will be a trend going forward.

Barnes is a big back that imo would benefit from a real power run game. Have we thrown out the pages in Snyder's 800-page playbook that include a power run game from under center? KState is supposed to have a great offensive line. If they wanted to keep it vanilla against a smaller, slower team like SDU, why not just pound the rough ridin' rock until they submit.

Good teams run downhill when opponents are inept to stop it. There is no reason for that to ever change imo.

I don't think he was utilized poorly, but we were vanilla and he was very tentative hitting the hole until the last two drives when everyone got fired up and the sense of urgency its strongest. He was pitty pat with his feet when he got the ball 80% of the time. I'm not worried long term, because he's had games when he's done that before, but he definitely was independently awful, last night.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2018, 07:43:05 PM »

I don't think he was utilized poorly, but we were vanilla and he was very tentative hitting the hole until the last two drives when everyone got fired up and the sense of urgency its strongest. He was pitty pat with his feet when he got the ball 80% of the time. I'm not worried long term, because he's had games when he's done that before, but he definitely was independently awful, last night.

I agree with the pitty pat. That's why I'm advocating actual downhill/ off-tackle running. There is absolutely no excuse with our line and backs not to ram it down SDU's throats and score on that 1st and goal early in the game. None.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2018, 07:49:41 PM »
Well I'm no line expert but I've seen people that were concerned with the line's inability to get push on run plays, and that was before last night.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2018, 09:53:49 PM »
It seems like we constantly have an offensive line that is supposed to be really good but it isn’t
emaw

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2018, 10:11:31 PM »
We seem to have no problem putting linemen in the league, scheme? Not to go back to the KSO conversion happening in that thread but someone over there surmised that we do a lot of zone blocking that doesn't necessarily suit out backs.