Author Topic: So immigration...  (Read 61031 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: So immigration...
« Reply #475 on: November 20, 2015, 11:13:51 AM »
Sorry, I was unclear that it was mitt Romney dancing.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #476 on: November 20, 2015, 01:21:55 PM »
Further supports my hypothesis that if you make the US really shitty for illegals, they'll leave.

I guess thanks to B.O. for inadvertently testing that hypothesis. Sad he had to take down the entire lower class and a good piece of the middle class with it.

i thought illegals came here and immediately were given ipads and free healthcare and snizz?

Apparently these tokens aren't enough to keep people in obamerica

Sad....really
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 20, 2015, 01:49:34 PM »
interesting take

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 13, 2015, 09:00:19 PM »
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/12/refugees/419976/

In summary, Ted Kennedy's immigrations reforms have been great for Dems, but a disaster for the US.

Donald Trump’s noisy complaints that immigration is out of control are literally true. Nobody is making conscious decisions about who is wanted and who is not, about how much immigration to accept and what kind to prioritize—not even for the portion of U.S. migration conducted according to law, much less for the larger portion that is not.

Nor is there much understanding of what has happened after it has happened. A simple question like, “How many immigrants are in prison?” turns out to be extraordinarily hard to answer. Poor information invites excessive fears, which are then answered with false assurances and angry accusations.

Nervous about Syrian refugees in the wake of the Paris massacre? How dare you! Would you turn away Jews fleeing Hitler? Oh, you think that analogy is hyperbolic? Tell it to the mayor of New York City.

This frequent invocation of the refugee trauma of the 1930s shuts down all discussion of anything that has happened since. Since 1991, the United States has accepted more than 100,000 Somali refugees. Britain accepted 100,000 as well. Some 50,000 Somali refugees were resettled in Canada; some 40,000 in Sweden; smaller communities were settled in the Netherlands, Norway, and Denmark.

How’s that going?

- Minnesota is home to America’s largest Somali community, 33,000 people. The unemployment rate for Somali Minnesotans in 2015 was triple the state average, 21 percent. As of 2014, about 5,950 of the state’s Somali population received cash assistance; 17,000 receive food assistance as of 2014.

- A close study of Somali refugees by the government of Maine (home to the nation’s second-largest Somali community) found that fewer than half of the working-age population had worked at any time in the five years from 2001 through 2006.

- The U.S. unemployment rate of 20+ percent still represents a huge improvement over rates in Europe. Only about 40 percent of working-age Somali men in Norway are employed. In the Swedish city of Malmo, home to one of the largest Somali communities in Europe, only 20 percent work.

- Somalis have so much difficulty finding work in the developed world because their skills badly mismatch local labor needs. Only about 18 percent of boys and 15 percent of girls attend even primary school in Somalia. UNICEF has given up trying to measure literacy rates. Much of the U.S. refugee population is descended from people held as slaves in Somalia, who accordingly lack any family tradition of education. Their children then flounder in Western schools, baffled by the norms and expectations they encounter there. In the U.K., Somali students pass the standard age 16 high school exams at a rate less than half that of Nigerian immigrant students.

- Struggling with the transition from semi-nomadic-herder society to postindustrial urban life, young Somalis in the West are tempted by criminal activity. Danish Somalis are 10 times more likely to be committed of a serious offense than native-born Danes. At least 29 young Canadian Somalis were murdered in drug-trafficking-related deaths between 2005 and 2010. In July 2012, Richard Stanek, sheriff of the county that encompasses Minneapolis-St. Paul, testified to Congress about the rising danger of American Somali gangs.

- Other young Somalis turn to political and religious violence. An estimated 50 American Somalis returned to fight for al Shabab, committing some of the most heinous acts of that insurgency. One carried out a suicide bombing that killed 24 people in 2009. Al Shabab claimed three American Somalis took part in the attack on Nairobi’s Westgate shopping mall in 2013 that killed at least 67 people. Al Shabab is now intensely recruiting American Somalis to undertake terror missions inside the United States.

There's a lot more in the article.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 13, 2015, 10:54:40 PM »
If it's true that 85% of the Somali refugees didn't attend primary school, a 20% unemployment rate seems like a huge success.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: December 14, 2015, 05:16:01 AM »
If it's true that 85% of the Somali refugees didn't attend primary school, a 20% unemployment rate seems like a huge success.
Kansas' school budget issue may have found a solution.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 10, 2016, 11:21:27 AM »
KCK killer, in the country illegally. 

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 10, 2016, 11:41:42 AM »
I say we deport

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 13, 2016, 05:33:00 PM »
Comparing Europe's immigration problem to ours is ridiculous.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 14, 2016, 08:04:30 AM »

The old "it can't happen here".

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 14, 2016, 09:00:41 PM »

The employment qualifications for guerrilla soldier just aren't what they used to be.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 14, 2016, 09:01:41 PM »

Who are our peers for immigration problems?

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 16, 2016, 02:24:13 PM »
The Pope is bringing refugees into the Vatican. I love the Pope!  :love:

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 16, 2016, 03:05:42 PM »

i hope none of them are little boys
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 16, 2016, 03:07:12 PM »

i hope none of them are little boys

Muslims  :ohno:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 16, 2016, 03:32:46 PM »
I think that one went over buckets head
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 16, 2016, 05:41:55 PM »

No, I get it. However, I prefer to focus on the fact that our Christian nation wants to block Muslim refugees from entering while the Pope chooses to harbor them. Matthew 5:39, Luke 6:29, Luke 6:31, and Matthew 7:12. Were Matthew and Luke roommates?

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 16, 2016, 05:53:37 PM »

No, I get it. However, I prefer to focus on the fact that our Christian nation wants to block Muslim refugees from entering while the Pope chooses to harbor them. Matthew 5:39, Luke 6:29, Luke 6:31, and Matthew 7:12. Were Matthew and Luke roommates?

Lol, this guy.   You realize it was 12 people right?

The US has let in

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: April 16, 2016, 05:55:43 PM »
What's your point?

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 16, 2016, 05:59:57 PM »
What's your point?

There are millions of Syrian refugees, letting in 12 is nothing more than show. 

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 16, 2016, 06:24:59 PM »
What's your point?

There are millions of Syrian refugees, letting in 12 is nothing more than show.

Understood. However, I prefer to look to look at the significance of the fact that the leader of the Catholic Church is harboring Muslims. I am young so please recall a time where the Pope has harbored Muslim refugees.

In the bigger picture, I thoroughly enjoy when the Pope elicits Christian values that this country doesn't. We're such a proud Christian nation, but we hate on Muslims and the LGBT community. Real Christian. Study your Bible.  :shakesfist:

The Big Train

« Reply #498 on: April 16, 2016, 06:27:39 PM »
Who gives a crap what religion it is.  The majority of Muslims don't want to blow stuff up.  Read up on other religions

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 16, 2016, 06:35:11 PM »
Who gives a crap what religion it is.  The majority of Muslims don't want to blow stuff up.  Read up on other religions

Do we have a "Christian Values In This Country Suck" thread?