Author Topic: So immigration...  (Read 60238 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: So immigration...
« Reply #450 on: May 27, 2015, 09:35:16 PM »
how much does ksuw hate mexicans?  a lot is the answer
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #451 on: May 27, 2015, 09:50:11 PM »
Illegal immigration is an oxymoron
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 27, 2015, 09:52:23 PM »
how much does ksuw hate mexicans?  a lot is the answer

You know when people post something along the lines of, "this post never gets old?"

This post is the polar opposite of that.  Come up with something better. K? Thx

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 27, 2015, 10:02:38 PM »
Well, maybe we should stop letting companies like Di$ney bring people in legally to work jobs Americans actually want to work and support the hard working salt-of-the earth people coming here illegally instead.

The H1B visa program needs serious reform, but that doesn't mean illegal immigration is better. The same big business, corporate welfare special interests support both. They'll take cheap labor however they can get it, Americans be damned.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 27, 2015, 10:06:23 PM »
I got H1B once, and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 27, 2015, 10:07:50 PM »
They obviously feel they have justification, but we don't even know what their "case" is since oral arguments in the 5th won't happen until June. This motion was only focused on a stay of the injunction, I thought.

Wait - you're just going to assume the Obama administration believes they have sound legal justification for their actions? Let me fill you in on the way this administration works: their justification is "we're going to do it if we want to do it, and who's gonna stop us? A court several years down the road? :lol:"
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 27, 2015, 10:09:41 PM »
I look at it more as a judicial gamble, and one which they could lose and still politically win.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 27, 2015, 10:31:35 PM »
Well, maybe we should stop letting companies like Di$ney bring people in legally to work jobs Americans actually want to work and support the hard working salt-of-the earth people coming here illegally instead.

The H1B visa program needs serious reform, but that doesn't mean illegal immigration is better. The same big business, corporate welfare special interests support both. They'll take cheap labor however they can get it, Americans be damned.

In most cases, it's not a case of getting cheap foreign labor over expensive domestic labor. Usually, it's a choice of getting cheap foreign labor or not having a viable business.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 27, 2015, 11:14:38 PM »
I look at it more as a judicial gamble, and one which they could lose and still politically win.

A sad indictment of the democrat party, indeed.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 03, 2015, 07:22:35 PM »
Insanity. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/3/irs-illegals-can-get-back-taxes-obama-amnesty/

Thankfully , the Fifth Circuit is so far holding the line.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 03, 2015, 07:50:42 PM »
Insanity!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 03, 2015, 07:56:49 PM »
We should probably get rid of the EITC.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 03, 2015, 10:32:20 PM »
We should probably get rid of the EITC.

Yeah I'd be good with that. But maybe we could just start by not giving it to illegal immigrants.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 10, 2015, 03:21:10 PM »
I love good, smart, common sense judges. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/10/judges-use-obamas-own-words-halt-deportation-amnes/

A federal appeals court said President Obama’s own words claiming powers to “change the law” were part of the reason it struck down his deportation amnesty, in a ruling late Monday that reaffirmed the president must carry out laws and doesn’t have blanket powers to waive them.

The 2-1 ruling by the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals punctures Mr. Obama’s immigration plans and is the latest in a series of major court rulings putting limits on the president’s claims of expansive executive powers to enact his agenda without having to get congressional buy-in.

In an opinion freighted with meaning for the separation of powers battles, Judge Jerry E. Smith, writing for himself and Judge Jennifer Walker Elrod, singled out Mr. Obama’s own claim that he acted to rewrite the law because Congress wouldn’t pass the bill he wanted.

The key remark came in a speech in Chicago just days after his Nov. 20, 2014, announcement detailing his executive actions. Fed up with a heckler who was chiding him for boosting the number of deportations, Mr. Obama fired back, agreeing that he’d overseen a spike in deportations.

“But what you are not paying attention to is the fact that I just took an action to change the law,” the president said.

The two judges said the Justice Department failed to explain away Mr. Obama’s remarks.

“At oral argument, and despite being given several opportunities, the attorney for the United States was unable to reconcile that remark with the position that the government now takes,” Judge Smith wrote.

Uh yeah, because that's exactly the point of Obama's attempted executive amnesty - to change immigration law. Which is, you know, unconstitutional (as long as the case is being heard by a non-liberal idealogue judge).

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 10, 2015, 04:23:32 PM »
I love good, smart, common sense judges. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/10/judges-use-obamas-own-words-halt-deportation-amnes/

A federal appeals court said President Obama’s own words claiming powers to “change the law” were part of the reason it struck down his deportation amnesty, in a ruling late Monday that reaffirmed the president must carry out laws and doesn’t have blanket powers to waive them.

The 2-1 ruling by the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals punctures Mr. Obama’s immigration plans and is the latest in a series of major court rulings putting limits on the president’s claims of expansive executive powers to enact his agenda without having to get congressional buy-in.

In an opinion freighted with meaning for the separation of powers battles, Judge Jerry E. Smith, writing for himself and Judge Jennifer Walker Elrod, singled out Mr. Obama’s own claim that he acted to rewrite the law because Congress wouldn’t pass the bill he wanted.

The key remark came in a speech in Chicago just days after his Nov. 20, 2014, announcement detailing his executive actions. Fed up with a heckler who was chiding him for boosting the number of deportations, Mr. Obama fired back, agreeing that he’d overseen a spike in deportations.

“But what you are not paying attention to is the fact that I just took an action to change the law,” the president said.

The two judges said the Justice Department failed to explain away Mr. Obama’s remarks.

“At oral argument, and despite being given several opportunities, the attorney for the United States was unable to reconcile that remark with the position that the government now takes,” Judge Smith wrote.

Uh yeah, because that's exactly the point of Obama's attempted executive amnesty - to change immigration law. Which is, you know, unconstitutional (as long as the case is being heard by a non-liberal idealogue judge).

The constitution is just a piece of paper.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: November 10, 2015, 04:28:36 PM »
That's true dax

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 10, 2015, 04:30:01 PM »
That's true dax

Worthless, that whole oath thing, utterly meaningless.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 10, 2015, 06:07:08 PM »
That's true dax

No, it's not. The Constitution is written on a piece of paper. The Constitution is the formative and supreme law of this nation from which the rule of law emanates.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 10, 2015, 06:39:53 PM »
still just a paper

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 10, 2015, 08:02:22 PM »
still just a paper

I know you're just trolling, but stupid-trolling is annoying. The Constitution is no more a piece of paper than it is a stone monument or an audio tape or any other medium it has been recorded on.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 20, 2015, 10:00:51 AM »
The Pew Research Center found that slightly more than 1 million Mexicans and their families, including American-born children, left the U.S. for Mexico from 2009 to 2014. During the same five years, 870,000 Mexicans came to the U.S., resulting in a net flow to Mexico of 140,000.

:surprised:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 20, 2015, 10:37:42 AM »
Further supports my hypothesis that if you make the US really shitty for illegals, they'll leave.

I guess thanks to B.O. for inadvertently testing that hypothesis. Sad he had to take down the entire lower class and a good piece of the middle class with it.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 20, 2015, 10:39:46 AM »
Mitt Romney  :billdance:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 20, 2015, 11:04:36 AM »
Further supports my hypothesis that if you make the US really shitty for illegals, they'll leave.

I guess thanks to B.O. for inadvertently testing that hypothesis. Sad he had to take down the entire lower class and a good piece of the middle class with it.

i thought illegals came here and immediately were given ipads and free healthcare and snizz?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 20, 2015, 11:12:34 AM »
Mitt Romney  :billdance:

My first thought as well. We seem to be finding agreement on things lately, and that is mildly troubling.