Author Topic: the wild crusaders of manhattan  (Read 29898 times)

Offline EMADUB

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: the wild crusaders of manhattan
« Reply #175 on: February 29, 2016, 06:16:05 PM »
Have you ever fallen behind in your daily reading plan and had to end up reading the sub titles and guess what the premise is? Well prepare your hearts and minds for an Elijah-like whirlwind of information regarding the tenacious Thunder of Manhattan Christian College.

Lukewarm Start

The beginning of the 2015/2016 season had both its Sinai Highs and Dead Sea Lows. After failing to win the conference the year before, the Thunder got revenge on the defending champion Faith Baptist Bible and did so convincingly. This came a week after the Thunder traveled to Moberly where they have had great success against another conference foe: Tre-C-B(Central Christian College of the Bible). I did not witness the game but only received information passed down. We shot as well as Peter’s promise keeping skills in the first half and failed to make a comeback in the second half. Just as Samuel’s ghost haunted Saul, so did this loss on the Thunder’s season.

Thunder begin their ministry

By ministry, I mean domination. After falling to 5-6, the Thunder had one New Year’s resolution: be really freaking good at the game at basketball. Unlike Solomon, who probably made it a goal every year to not marry any more women, the Thunder were successful with their resolution. The thunder went 15-3 in the regular season games, including a season sweep of our un-accredited rival Ozark and a win against the top ranked team in all of NCCAA Division 2.

MCC reinstates themselves as kings of the MCCC

Remember when I said the CCCB loss haunted the Thunder? Despite splitting the season series with our in-state rival Barclay, our loss to CCCB ended up placing us in 2nd place as Barclay only dropped one game in the conference. In the conference tournament in our other home court(Ozark), both the Bears and Thunder marched their way into the championship game. Some people predicted a fantastic close game between the two rivals. Jesus said there would be false prophets and he was correct, we won by 25 and cut down the nets.

The Road to Ankeny

With the Thunder picking up momentum towards the end of the season and playing some really freaking good basketball, they had one more roadblock before Nationals. Win the region. 3rd times the charm is not in the Bible and it did not work for Baptist Bible College in the regional semifinal. We faced Tre-C-B for the fourth time this season and second time in a week. Despite having the home crowd and some valiant comebacks, the Thunder defeated CCCB and won the Central region for back-to-back seasons for the first time in school history. Today the teams were announced for the tourney and the Thunder are the #2 seed. 10 teams, 0 scholarships, 1 true champion. #rollthunder 

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 01, 2016, 12:01:48 AM »
Great to hear from you again, EMADUB. Incredible report as always.

Offline EMADUB

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 07, 2017, 02:47:51 PM »
Remember when Goliath looked across the field and  asked what the h-e-double-hockey-sticks is that kid doing here? Well our baptists friends from Waco will be asking the same question as one of the best teams from the National Christian College Athletic Association Division 2  faces off with a ranked National College Athletic Association opponent.

One of MCC's longtime rivals Hillsdale Freewill Baptist(now known as Randal University) will be facing Scott Drew's Baptist Bears this Saturday the 9th. What excites me the most about this matchup is that the transitive property can be applied here. Say BU>RU and MCC>RU and KSU>BU. At first logic would say KSU>BU>MCC>RU. BUT THE SPIRIT DEFIES LOGIC, KSU/MCC SHOULD BE PLAYED

For years I have prayed that Kansas State and MCC would duel. I would love it if the 1st half was played in the fOOD and the 2nd half was played in THE HAC. YOU GUYS MCC NOW HAS A GYM AND DOES NOT HAVE TO PAY A FEE TO THE MANHATTAN PARKS AND REC FOR CITY AUDITORIUM THAT HAD SEATS MISSING. The HAC(Howie's Activity Center) is located right in the middle of campus! MCC got destroyed by Washburn earlier but WHO CARES GO CHECKS MADE OUT TO OUR ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT. So another beatdown and another check for the Lord would not hurt anyone. MCC did beat McPherson College(scholarshiped team) for the first time in program history so that deserves an amen.

anyways I was just dreaming.  Hope everyone is having a great Advent season

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 07, 2017, 03:24:52 PM »
Oh man, a new EMADUB post! One of the top 5 threads on this board by a great post.

Have a great advent season yourself DUB.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 07, 2017, 11:23:18 PM »
Always great to hear from EMADUB.  :)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 08, 2017, 01:14:45 AM »
couple questions:

does MCC ever play Catholic schools?

follow up:
which Protestant sect do you get most hyped up to beat down?

Offline EMADUB

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 26, 2018, 03:26:07 PM »
couple questions:

follow up:

Wow, I would probably get John if I took the buzzfeed test as to which Gospel writer I would be because of how long I wait to post. Hope this does not change your opinion of my writing and make you question whether I changed any main points of my story to fit my narrative.

MCC plays schools of all denominations, Catholic, Baptist, Quaker, Methodist, Lutheran, Secular, and especially the "non-denomination" colleges. I wish more denomination smack was shared during games

Lutheran school to Catholic School: We got 95 points and also 95 problems but losing ain't one.

Catholics to Protestants: We are making it rain 3s which is technically baptism so neener neener

Independent Church of Christ to Disciples of Christ: We just opened the flood gates in the second half which technically baptism by immersion so now we can accept you as members. 

Personally there is only one denomination/school I truly enjoy seeing MCC beat. For years they were un-accredited and average at basketball. Tonight they will send their ambassadors to the "liberal school" in Manhattan. Despite finally getting accredited from the higher learning council they will remain the Essau to our Jacob. For my 200th post, GO THUNDER'SADERS, BEAT OZARK.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 26, 2018, 06:43:13 PM »

DUB is the best.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 27, 2018, 10:02:28 PM »
couple questions:

follow up:

Wow, I would probably get John if I took the buzzfeed test as to which Gospel writer I would be because of how long I wait to post. Hope this does not change your opinion of my writing and make you question whether I changed any main points of my story to fit my narrative.

MCC plays schools of all denominations, Catholic, Baptist, Quaker, Methodist, Lutheran, Secular, and especially the "non-denomination" colleges. I wish more denomination smack was shared during games

Lutheran school to Catholic School: We got 95 points and also 95 problems but losing ain't one.

Catholics to Protestants: We are making it rain 3s which is technically baptism so neener neener

Independent Church of Christ to Disciples of Christ: We just opened the flood gates in the second half which technically baptism by immersion so now we can accept you as members. 

Personally there is only one denomination/school I truly enjoy seeing MCC beat. For years they were un-accredited and average at basketball. Tonight they will send their ambassadors to the "liberal school" in Manhattan. Despite finally getting accredited from the higher learning council they will remain the Essau to our Jacob. For my 200th post, GO THUNDER'SADERS, BEAT OZARK.

Fantastic.    :thumbs:

Offline EMADUB

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 11, 2021, 11:04:31 AM »
Brothers and Sisters of goEMAW

It has been far to long since I have written you. I hope you have kept faith in our Lord and Savior oscar and have held stead fast in believing in the return of the fire and ice defense. Unfortunately, I have not been around 1415 Anderson in quite sometime. The rootin tootin thunder do not play in City Auditorium anymore(187 strong), the second winningest coach in Kansas appointed his disciple to run the program and there appears to be an instate challenger to Ozark(remember those nimrods?) for a rival. One thing has remained the same and that is how much heart the team plays with. This season has brought about much adversity, and instead of blaming fatigue from their in season tournament in Ankeny, IA, this team fought through it. They have seriously been in my T's/P's as they grieved the loss of a former player/assistant coach. #LLCW. MCC co-won the MCCC regular season title and  outright tournament title, MCC and MCCC go together like a sermon at the end of a fiscal year on tithing.  Last night in the NCCAA Division 2 Non Scholarship Tournament they fought against the Royals of Johnson University, it was an instant classic that will be on U-stream+ for years to come. Unfortunately this Thunder lost in 2Ot but this team has a lot to take pride (not the sin) in. They have a chance to end their season on a win and then look forward to the season ahead

Grace and Peace

EMADUB

PS Check out this Sports center Highlight from last night. As clutch as Christ on the third day!

https://twitter.com/TheNCCAA/status/1369891101973352449

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 11, 2021, 04:11:26 PM »
Good to have you back, if even for a post

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 11, 2021, 05:30:00 PM »
First time reading this thread and I was not disappointed!

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 11, 2021, 08:05:17 PM »
I'm glad things are going well for the crusaders, keep the updates coming!
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 27, 2023, 12:42:52 PM »

#KingChasing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 27, 2023, 01:30:46 PM »
First time reading this thread and I was not disappointed!

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 27, 2023, 09:35:04 PM »

#KingChasing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:bball:
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 28, 2023, 09:31:31 AM »
I can't remember if this thread ever won a C'Sourky, but it sure as hell should've if it didn't. EMADUB is a real hotshot BBS'r
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 28, 2023, 10:20:39 AM »
EMADUB is a true gE blessing
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline EMADUB

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 04, 2023, 09:34:08 PM »
Dear Brother and Sisters,

As we enter our 2nd Sunday of Lent, let us reflect on Psalm 121.

I lift up my eyes to the mountains—where does my help come from?

For the rootin tooting thunder, help has come so many players at different times of the season. The upperclassmen shined at the end of the year bringing home the Midwest Christian College Conference regular season(4th straight) and tournament championships(3rd straight).

the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all harm—he will watch over your life;

While this was promised to the people of Israel, it was not true for many of MCC's opponents(12-0 in the MCCC, 18-4 since Jan 1)  Peter denied Christ as many times as MCC beat Ozark this season. The combined score of all three games was 281-182. *Googles Greek word for Gargantuan*.

the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

Lots has changed since this thread started in 2012. Johnson hall is no longer occupied, the city auditorium(187 strong) no longer is the home of the thunder, and I am no longer in the same city/state as my alma mater. One thing that has not changed is the excellence that mcc thunder basketball program shows both on and off the court. It was exemplified with a distinguished alumni making the journey from 1415 Anderson to 1800 College Ave. The discipline and love that MCC's faculty and coaches cultivated in Nate, shown bright all year and I would be breaking the 9th commandment if I said that I did not shed a tear hearing the chants for him at the end of the game last Wednesday. The Thunder have another opportunity to #KingChase this year as word just came from the dove that they received the 2nd seed in the NCCAA DII Tournament in City Auditorium East(Joplin,MO).

Grace and Peace,

EMADUB

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 07, 2023, 11:19:21 AM »
"While this was promised to the people of Israel, it was not true for many of MCC's opponents"

:lol:

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 08, 2023, 10:27:27 PM »
So blessed to have another EMADUB update
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla