Author Topic: WEBER ON K-STATE....AND THE FUTURE  (Read 4734 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: WEBER ON K-STATE....AND THE FUTURE
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2013, 01:02:28 PM »
I hope Illinois boosters hated ballers with a mean streak and questionable ethics.  I hope they hated their faces and pressured oscar to stay away from them.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2013, 02:29:03 PM »
i think all coaches do it.  maybe some more than others, but they're all certainly guilty of it.

True, but it seems to be a go to move for oscar when a player is struggling. The Illinois fans did warn us about this, so I'm not surprised.
He does it all of the time when we are winning or losing. What makes him different from other coaches is he doesn't criticize players indirectly, he doesn't hesitate to name names. Its second nature to oscar. I can remember him publicly calling out all but one relevant player this season.

Offline jasn88cubs

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2013, 04:37:47 PM »
i think all coaches do it.  maybe some more than others, but they're all certainly guilty of it.

True, but it seems to be a go to move for oscar when a player is struggling. The Illinois fans did warn us about this, so I'm not surprised.
He does it all of the time when we are winning or losing. What makes him different from other coaches is he doesn't criticize players indirectly, he doesn't hesitate to name names. Its second nature to oscar. I can remember him publicly calling out all but one relevant player this season.

I haven't seen oscar do anything as blatant as the Self-on-Elijah dumping or the Huggins-on-Bennett dumping.  Maybe I missed it.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2013, 05:28:32 PM »

I haven't seen oscar do anything as blatant as the Self-on-Elijah dumping or the Huggins-on-Bennett dumping.  Maybe I missed it.

This.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2013, 05:52:49 PM »
coaches who win champioships publicly call out players by name.  It's science.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2013, 06:00:29 PM »

Is that a related observation or a rebuttal? I don't think I said anything about Weber killing a player worse than anyone. My post was a commentary on the frequency in which oscar calls out players. Its funny because he does it so much that in live audio interviews he frequently does it as throw away sentences.

GOSP, proud of you that you didn't evoke the name of the previous coach while defending Weber. Well done.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2013, 10:03:02 PM »

This.

no coach has ever shitted all over one of their own players like Self has Elijah.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
WEBER ON K-STATE....AND THE FUTURE
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2013, 10:20:39 PM »

This.

no coach has ever shitted all over one of their own players like Self has Elijah.
self's MO is to take an annual crap on his pg.  last year it was tyshawn.  before that it was Collins. 
and as goes massa seff, the KU fan base follows.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2013, 10:22:27 PM »

I'll bet Janssen loves chicken nuggets.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2013, 12:11:29 AM »
This guy is a rough ridin' bad person who cannot accept responsibility. You can almost hear him screaming in the interview "not my fault, I'm awesome."

yeah.

Offline orangerocket

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
  • Looga looga, looga looga
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2013, 12:29:54 AM »
The third area is probably back east with the prep schools and the connections we’ve established with our New York kids

Who is the "we" in that statement?  Illinois guys, did oscar have a connection to NYC while he was there?

As i recall he never pulled a recruit from New York, got Chester Frazier from Baltimore and Djimde from an east coast prep not in NY, and got one of his big men from Ohio. He could have recruited anyone he wanted to while he was at Illinois and he did the first 3/4 years till he started losing with his own recruits, then he started going after the big name guys who didn't fit his system.  Then he subsequently blamed the players, the fans and eventually his administration.  I've met him personally outside of his element of basketball and he came across as half a tard.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2013, 08:02:28 AM »
good news here folks, only half a tard.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.