Author Topic: 2013 Recruiting Thread  (Read 954984 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #2800 on: March 28, 2013, 01:28:38 PM »
someone explain to me why I should be more excited about these guys than Clent Stewart or Curtis Allen.

They've shown an ounce of athleticism, which Clent Stewart never could

Curtis Allen was insanely athletic.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: March 28, 2013, 01:30:41 PM »
someone explain to me why I should be more excited about these guys than Clent Stewart or Curtis Allen.

Yea, left him out for a reason

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: March 28, 2013, 01:30:52 PM »

hyperbole?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: March 28, 2013, 01:35:09 PM »

Yea, left him out for a reason

but still, #115!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-Clent-Stewart-17995

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2805 on: March 28, 2013, 01:40:31 PM »
thanks, I'm relieved now.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #2806 on: March 28, 2013, 01:44:31 PM »
luked? Foster named texas 3a player of the year

http://blogs.kansas.com/kstated/2013/03/28/k-state-basketball-recruit-marcus-foster-named-texas-3a-player-of-the-year/

I always assume that Foster would be more of a shooting guard and Westicles would be more of a wing, but could it be that Foster will be more of a wing and Westicles more of an undersized stretch 4?

I'm not commenting on how good they'll be; I'm not trying to go there.  I'm just trying to figure out where we're going to use them.

When Illinois had that one good year, the starting lineup was something like:

PG: 6'3"
SG: 6'0"
SG: 6'3"
PF: 6'7"
C: 6'10"

I'm wondering if next year we may see a starting lineup of:

PG: Angel
SG: Will
SG: Foster
F: Shane
C: Gipson

Orris comes in and spells Angel until Thomas gets there and Omari/Westicles fills in some gaps on the perimeter if Foster or Will need a break.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: March 28, 2013, 01:47:35 PM »
i was really excited about curtis allen too! do you think he was the first franking? like huggy delegated getting rid of him to frank because he knew franking was franks specialty?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: March 28, 2013, 02:51:57 PM »
i can't tell if you are you saying that oscar knows he can't recruit, so he has adopted this offense, or that he's so confident in this offense, that he chooses to recruit to it?

fwiw, snyder makes "players that fit" comments all the time.  i'm not comparing oscar to snyder.

I'm inferring that he can now get players willing to do what he wants them to do, and if we're using generalities to me that defaults to less talented players. I'm not sure how else to decipher his comments about now taking players he wants to take.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: March 28, 2013, 02:55:35 PM »
luked? Foster named texas 3a player of the year

http://blogs.kansas.com/kstated/2013/03/28/k-state-basketball-recruit-marcus-foster-named-texas-3a-player-of-the-year/

I always assume that Foster would be more of a shooting guard and Westicles would be more of a wing, but could it be that Foster will be more of a wing and Westicles more of an undersized stretch 4?

I'm not commenting on how good they'll be; I'm not trying to go there.  I'm just trying to figure out where we're going to use them.

When Illinois had that one good year, the starting lineup was something like:

PG: 6'3"
SG: 6'0"
SG: 6'3"
PF: 6'7"
C: 6'10"

I'm wondering if next year we may see a starting lineup of:

PG: Angel
SG: Will
SG: Foster
F: Shane
C: Gipson

Orris comes in and spells Angel until Thomas gets there and Omari/Westicles fills in some gaps on the perimeter if Foster or Will need a break.

Foster: "be like a secret weapon"  :love: :love:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: March 28, 2013, 03:07:11 PM »
i can't tell if you are you saying that oscar knows he can't recruit, so he has adopted this offense, or that he's so confident in this offense, that he chooses to recruit to it?

fwiw, snyder makes "players that fit" comments all the time.  i'm not comparing oscar to snyder.

I'm inferring that he can now get players willing to do what he wants them to do, and if we're using generalities to me that defaults to less talented players. I'm not sure how else to decipher his comments about now taking players he wants to take.

i hope you're wrong, MiR- and guess what- i know you do too.  go cats.  gracias for the clarification.
your friend in cats,
clams   :cheers:

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: March 28, 2013, 05:04:34 PM »

they haven't failed yet?

I don't know if I can handle this sort of optimism from Zacker.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #2812 on: March 28, 2013, 05:58:42 PM »

Jim Wooldridge is not our coach anymore.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: March 28, 2013, 06:11:26 PM »

Jim Wooldridge is not our coach anymore.

that's really not a very compelling reason.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: March 28, 2013, 06:39:36 PM »
Well Foster was 3A (enrollment 400-1,000) Texas POY.
Westicles wasn't even top 10 Houston.
I am excited about Thomas.
Big guy who hasn't formally committed kind of seems like crap.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: March 28, 2013, 07:13:16 PM »

You probably shouldn't be.  I don't really remember how excited you were when Stewart and Allen committed.  Was it more or less excited than Lance Harris?  Jake Pullen?  Angel?  Give me a frame of reference here...

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: March 28, 2013, 07:35:39 PM »

You probably shouldn't be.  I don't really remember how excited you were when Stewart and Allen committed.  Was it more or less excited than Lance Harris?  Jake Pullen?  Angel?  Give me a frame of reference here...

I was more excited for Stewart and Allen than all those guys. Harris was a middle-of-the-pack member of GRCOAT 1.0, Pullen was lost in GRCOAT 2.0, Angel was a spring signee that basically no one saw play.

Stewart was a top 150! Curtis Allen was a 4 star that was downgraded! (IIRC) Both were nice consolation prizes after missing out on Chamberlin Oguchi!

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: March 28, 2013, 07:53:36 PM »

I was more excited for Stewart and Allen than all those guys. Harris was a middle-of-the-pack member of GRCOAT 1.0, Pullen was lost in GRCOAT 2.0, Angel was a spring signee that basically no one saw play.

Stewart was a top 150! Curtis Allen was a 4 star that was downgraded! (IIRC) Both were nice consolation prizes after missing out on Chamberlin Oguchi!

Then you definitely should not be more excited for these guys. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: March 28, 2013, 08:03:29 PM »

i expect so, and i certainly hope so.  they'll both be better if that's how they're used.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: March 28, 2013, 08:25:07 PM »
Navarro College (Corsicana, Texas) wing Princeton Onwas earned a reputation as being one of the most explosive wings in the JUCO ranks this season. The 6-foot-5 inch, 210 wing compiled a large highlight reel of dunks en route to earning All-Region honors in his final season at Navarro.

After a successful season, Onwas is now trying to take his game to the next level.

"Our season went well. It didn't end as we expected. It ended early because we lost in the regional championship game. But as a team, we reached our goals that we set," Onwas said.

Onwas was a "I was the team's leading scorer and the vocal leader. We brought it back to the championship game but had a tough loss. I can take it to the basket. I can shoot from the 15 foot area. I need to work on my shooting from three point range and be more efficient, but I still shot better than 30 percent. It's something I'm working on," he said.

On the recruiting front, Onwas has received interest from a number of programs and has begun taking official visits. Wherever he ends up, Onwas believes it will be one of three programs. "My top choices are K State, TCU and Utah," he said.

Onwas visited TCU last weekend and will take officials to Utah this weekend and Kansas State the following week. According to Onwas, Utah is a place that he could picture himself playing. "I'm interested in Utah. I like the coaching staff a lot. I'm taking this visit to compare schools and see where I'm more comfortable. When I have a better feel for what the schools are about then I can make my decision," he said.

According to Onwas, two factors will play into his college decision. "The biggest thing is whichever school I feel more comfortable with and whether I'm comfortable with the coaching staff, the team and the players. I only have two years left, so I want to make sure these two years are the best they can be," he said. "I also want to play for a winning program. I was on a winning team. If you're a winning program, then I'm the right fit for it."

just how many players is weber franking?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2820 on: March 28, 2013, 08:54:47 PM »
Navarro College (Corsicana, Texas) wing Princeton Onwas earned a reputation as being one of the most explosive wings in the JUCO ranks this season. The 6-foot-5 inch, 210 wing compiled a large highlight reel of dunks en route to earning All-Region honors in his final season at Navarro.

After a successful season, Onwas is now trying to take his game to the next level.

"Our season went well. It didn't end as we expected. It ended early because we lost in the regional championship game. But as a team, we reached our goals that we set," Onwas said.

Onwas was a "I was the team's leading scorer and the vocal leader. We brought it back to the championship game but had a tough loss. I can take it to the basket. I can shoot from the 15 foot area. I need to work on my shooting from three point range and be more efficient, but I still shot better than 30 percent. It's something I'm working on," he said.

On the recruiting front, Onwas has received interest from a number of programs and has begun taking official visits. Wherever he ends up, Onwas believes it will be one of three programs. "My top choices are K State, TCU and Utah," he said.

Onwas visited TCU last weekend and will take officials to Utah this weekend and Kansas State the following week. According to Onwas, Utah is a place that he could picture himself playing. "I'm interested in Utah. I like the coaching staff a lot. I'm taking this visit to compare schools and see where I'm more comfortable. When I have a better feel for what the schools are about then I can make my decision," he said.

According to Onwas, two factors will play into his college decision. "The biggest thing is whichever school I feel more comfortable with and whether I'm comfortable with the coaching staff, the team and the players. I only have two years left, so I want to make sure these two years are the best they can be," he said. "I also want to play for a winning program. I was on a winning team. If you're a winning program, then I'm the right fit for it."

just how many players is weber franking?

Need a highlight tape to decide if I want or not.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: March 28, 2013, 09:00:49 PM »
Need a highlight tape to decide if I want or not.

very clever comment.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: March 28, 2013, 09:06:48 PM »

i expect so, and i certainly hope so.  they'll both be better if that's how they're used.

yes

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: March 28, 2013, 09:44:50 PM »
Quote from: gpc poster
as many as three more...

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: March 28, 2013, 09:46:43 PM »
Quote from: gpc poster
as many as three more...

What in the.....