Author Topic: EmBARRYssing; Tech ADV  (Read 4693 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
EmBARRYssing; Tech ADV
« on: January 06, 2018, 05:40:44 PM »
The first 15 minutes featured some of the most inept basketball I've ever seen from a K-State team. Sure, they fought a bit and made it somewhat interesting for a bit, but man. Thanks for Barry, Dean, and Cartier showing up to play.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline 114Hickory

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: EmBARRYssing; Tech ADV
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 05:45:33 PM »
Their starts are just so passive.  That's been a consistent problem throughout.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 06:13:04 PM »
Still too many minutes for the bigs but this was a step in the right direction. We did see the big flaw in going small with Dean's foul trouble. We have no idea how to defend on the interior, I also don't understand not going zone after Dean picked up his third.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 06:19:17 PM »
Still too many minutes for the bigs but this was a step in the right direction. We did see the big flaw in going small with Dean's foul trouble. We have no idea how to defend on the interior, I also don't understand not going zone after Dean picked up his third.

have you seen us play zone? It's like an automatic wide-open three for the other team.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 06:22:57 PM »
I liked having Claws trap at half-court once he had 4 fouls.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 06:26:01 PM »
Bloodbath

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 06:27:38 PM »
I liked having Claws trap at half-court once he had 4 fouls.

I don't think that was called, it was also a horrific foul call.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 06:28:10 PM »
Claws' 4th foul looked pretty awful in real time but I didn't see the replay

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 06:30:26 PM »
Claws' 4th foul looked pretty awful in real time but I didn't see the replay

I was bad, that was a gigantic flop, tech does a lot of that, charge board though.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2018, 10:46:21 PM »
as someone who did not watch the game, did kam get hurt? why did diarra play so much?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2018, 10:48:40 PM »
as someone who did not watch the game, did kam get hurt? why did diarra play so much?

Yes, he got hurt. Not sure how severe.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2018, 10:52:31 PM »

He got more minutes because Kam got hurt.

Offline rob mccolley

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2018, 11:57:41 PM »
I also don't understand not going zone after Dean picked up his third.
I'll admit I haven't watched much KState basketball in the last few years, so I'm curious.

Are you insinuating that BW has learned to employ a zone defense for strategic purposes?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2018, 12:27:15 AM »
I also don't understand not going zone after Dean picked up his third.
I'll admit I haven't watched much KState basketball in the last few years, so I'm curious.

Are you insinuating that BW has learned to employ a zone defense for strategic purposes?
He tries

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2018, 12:33:40 AM »
We don't have the length or athleticism to play zone anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2018, 12:34:33 AM »
First 19 possessions---
Score 24-6

Cats -
6 TOs
10 1-&-Done (miss FG, no O-Reb)
3 2pt makes
0 FTA

3 scoring possessions. 16 non scoring possessions where we didn't get Rebound or get FTA.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2018, 12:42:45 AM »
Tech was 12-13 on 2pt in 1st half
Their 1 miss. They got OR and a putback.
Yes. 12 possessions they tried a 2pt shot. And got 24 points. WOW!!

We shot 52% eFG. And got 0.92 PPP
Good FTs and good TO% not happening today.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 04:35:54 AM by Powercat Posse »

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2018, 12:56:16 AM »
Last 2 games, we have had Dean & no big OR no Dean and 1 big.....on court for 47 of 80 minutes

WV and Tech 44-64 on 2pt.

Not saying having big + Dean is "best for the team"
But Diarra & Patrick suck on Defense. Wainright hasn't played well on D last 2 games IMO

The "small lineup" must get better and tougher...OR... the 2 big rotation of Maiwen/Stock has to give many more  "non-sucky" minutes.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2018, 01:15:19 AM »
stockard and Mawien and the other random big are legitimately some of the worst players I have ever seen log significant minutes for KSU. Maybe Richie Terry comes close, but he kinda played defense. It's not that they're just completely unskilled, they're also really lazy.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2018, 01:25:00 AM »

I don't really get what your agenda is. I think you are a just a bball guy, so I respect you choosing to focus on the play and not the greater context. But this team is mediocre. Just like the 3 past seasons. And oscar is not good. And we will never be good with oscar. And finding silver linings when we just lost to what used to be the worst team in the conference until they hired a real coach is whatever, man.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2018, 02:49:02 AM »

I don't really get what your agenda is. I think you are a just a bball guy, so I respect you choosing to focus on the play and not the greater context. But this team is mediocre. Just like the 3 past seasons. And oscar is not good. And we will never be good with oscar. And finding silver linings when we just lost to what used to be the worst team in the conference until they hired a real coach is whatever, man.

What silver lining are you talking about here?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2018, 09:03:04 AM »
Games like this make me so glad I've basically abandoned cat hoops (because oscar is such a loser)
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2018, 09:07:52 AM »

MIR likes to talk about the basketball team and what happens in the games. We all know the oscar stuff you mentioned.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2018, 03:22:51 PM »

MIR likes to talk about the basketball team and what happens in the games. We all know the oscar stuff you mentioned.

just seems like you and he try to defend this team quite a bit

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2018, 03:33:07 PM »

just seems like you and he try to defend this team quite a bit

What in that post was anything close to a defense of this team?