Author Topic: opinions about kstate basketball formed based on the wvu game.  (Read 5850 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: opinions about kstate basketball formed based on the wvu game.
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2018, 03:25:53 AM »
WVU had like 7 guys that could get buckets, and they get that Armenian looking guy who's a total stud back in a couple games.

They're legit top 10 (unlike TCU)
WVU had someone good injured?

:sdeek:

Probably their best player. Esa Ahmad.

I think he's ineligible for some reason.

NCAA suspension

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2018, 06:02:59 AM »
Our bigs are historically bad. Like are any of them legit threats to become all big 12 guys in three years?

I'd kill for pervis Pasco or Justin Williams on this team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2018, 06:52:34 AM »
We have right now 4 exceptional players who can compete with anyone in the league, and if all 4 have a good game we have a chance to win.  Do you all think that Brown and Stokes were just having an  off night?  At the game it looked like he decided to guard the heck out of them to limit the amount of points from them.  Wade and Sneed had decent games.

The remainder of the team is abysmal (not good, frozen gravy, hot cat belch).  It is apparent Oscar and  his band of Merry Wieners cannot coach or recruit quality  big men.   Mawien and Sallah are athletes, but whoopy doo.  I would take the big bulldozer Hungarian razzlin looking kid WVU had over our bigs.  The WVUers scored 20 more points in the paint than we did.

In another thread, ol Oscar basically said he was out coached by Huggins who has a scheme that confused our players. Well then change how you coach.... durrrr!
I honestly am hoping that we have a good year as I see 4 outstanding players, but they can play really well and we can lose.  Because of the poor bench and poor post men, things could spiral out of control when our 4 Carnivores get worn down. 

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2018, 07:02:15 AM »
Our bigs are historically bad. Like are any of them legit threats to become all big 12 guys in three years?

I'd kill for pervis Pasco or Justin Williams on this team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This drives me nuts!!

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2018, 08:05:11 AM »
We have right now 4 exceptional players who can compete with anyone in the league, and if all 4 have a good game we have a chance to win.  Do you all think that Brown and Stokes were just having an  off night?  At the game it looked like he decided to guard the heck out of them to limit the amount of points from them.  Wade and Sneed had decent games.

The remainder of the team is abysmal (not good, frozen gravy, hot cat belch).  It is apparent Oscar and  his band of Merry Wieners cannot coach or recruit quality  big men.   Mawien and Sallah are athletes, but whoopy doo.  I would take the big bulldozer Hungarian razzlin looking kid WVU had over our bigs.  The WVUers scored 20 more points in the paint than we did.

In another thread, ol Oscar basically said he was out coached by Huggins who has a scheme that confused our players. Well then change how you coach.... durrrr!
I honestly am hoping that we have a good year as I see 4 outstanding players, but they can play really well and we can lose.  Because of the poor bench and poor post men, things could spiral out of control when our 4 Carnivores get worn down.

My first inclination was to be like, "Did oscar really say that," but I don't know why I would have that inclination bc, of course, oscar would say that. I guess I was just living in a fantasy land for a moment where we have a normal coach who says normal things like "got beat by a good, tough team today. We'll have to get back in the gym tomorrow and work out our issues."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2018, 11:32:19 AM »
they don't have four outstanding players.  wade is an nba guy, the two guards are competent big 12ers, sneed is tbd with some nice possibilities.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2018, 11:33:09 AM »
No post. No post season.

Know post. Know post season.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2018, 11:40:01 AM »
The difference in the game IMO was Kam having a totally off night. If he shoots his average we'd won that game.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2018, 11:43:34 AM »
so very little margin for error with this team and with oscar at the helm im saying 9th in conference and NIT bound

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2018, 11:52:56 AM »
I'm not going to make too many conclusive decisions based on this game. Other teams will play physical for sure, but nobody plays like WVU. The top two reasons going in that WVU would beat us was turnovers and rebounding and we managed both. We couldn't finish in the lane and their players flat out made more plays than ours. I'm not going to write us off yet.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2018, 12:00:13 PM »
i just cant see down the road where this team will beat a good team, we struggle with teams we shouldnt ie wsu vandy tulsa (and before wacky jumps in ive watched almost every game we have played). we are who we are at this point and it doesnt help that our conference is ridiculous again this year. we might finish 7/8 but thats with some upsets on the road

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2018, 12:24:49 PM »
i just cant see down the road where this team will beat a good team.

they will undoubtedly get some good wins.  weber lets them have all the fools gold they want, and they can put 5 decent or better shooters on the floor at the same time.  that's almost impossible to guard.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2018, 12:26:22 PM »
The difference in the game IMO was Kam having a totally off night. If he shoots his average we'd won that game.

So there's no plan B, sad but true.  The cats are notorious for no play in the paint or driving to the basket.  Also, shooting from the perimeter(hit or miss) results in low FTAs.  They are lacking in so many aspects of the game it isn't funny.  Oh and the bench.... :buh-bye:

Offline MountaineerLegion

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2018, 12:35:29 PM »
WVU had like 7 guys that could get buckets, and they get that Armenian looking guy who's a total stud back in a couple games.

They're legit top 10 (unlike TCU)
WVU had someone good injured?

:sdeek:

Probably their best player. Esa Ahmad.

I think he's ineligible for some reason.

NCAA suspension
^ This.  Specifically, grades.  I'm sure the kid learned his lesson.  Huggs is notorious for running players who end up in the dog house.  He makes sure they don't take it easy by making them run on treadmills cranked up.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2018, 01:05:37 PM »
treadmills cranked

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2018, 01:26:26 PM »

So there's no plan B, sad but true.  The cats are notorious for no play in the paint or driving to the basket.  Also, shooting from the perimeter(hit or miss) results in low FTAs.  They are lacking in so many aspects of the game it isn't funny.  Oh and the bench.... :buh-bye:

But we shot 25 FTs to their 16 and many of theirs came after we fouled late in the game.

We got plenty of opportunities in the paint, 30 shots. We just only made 10.

There were 2 main problems:

1) Besides Wade, nobody else could finish in or near the paint.

Wade was 5-8 on 2s. The rest of the team was 4-22. Barry 3-7. Carier 1-3. Stockard 1-4. Stokes 0-3. Sneed 0-2. Mawein 0-2. Wainright 0-1.

2) Stokes and Brown were bad. 5-23 combined. 2-13 from 3 combined. 8 assists and 9 turnovers combined. .71 offensive rating and 15 points per 100 possessions combined. All of that is bad.

I don't believe we'll have either of those issues consistently, but I could be wrong.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2018, 01:40:22 PM »
1) the bad offense got us into a hole. We had a 5-2 lead, and then only scored 10 points in the next 25 Possessions.  4-17 on 2pt, 0-6 on 3pt, with 6 TOs in that stretch.  Trailed 25-15, 28 Possessions into the game

2) the defense couldn't get stops in the 2nd half.  It was 35-31.  Of WV next 25 Possessions, they got points on 17 of them.
*3 FGs after getting an OR (7 pts)
* 6 trips to FT line because of our fouling issues (10 pts)
* 8 other FGs (2 3s and a 3pt play)

* we actually scored 32 but they got 36 during those 25 Possessions.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 01:46:36 PM by Powercat Posse »

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2018, 01:46:33 PM »
The disappointing thing is that with two quality guards, this was probably as good an opportunity for a top ten win that we'll see (unless Trae Young has an off night against us).

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2018, 01:50:32 PM »
Pfft.  There is like a 100% chance Young will get injured this season.  Don't you read gE?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2018, 01:52:54 PM »
I hate how much we play to avoid contact, every single player does it except for The Flush. Wade avoids contact as well, he's just adept at doing it while everyone else is afraid and inept.

I've never been a blame everything on oscar guy, but this is 100% his fault. This is something that can be a point of emphasis in practice and how you require your players to play. You shouldn't have to but you can absolutely teach driving guards and big men in the block to go through the defenders extended arms. I can't even credibly judge how skilled our big men are because they aren't forced to play to contact it's the most frustrating aspect of oscar Weber basketball.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2018, 01:57:09 PM »
The disappointing thing is that with two quality guards, this was probably as good an opportunity for a top ten win that we'll see (unless Trae Young has an off night against us).

I don't agree with that at all, as a matter of fact I'd bet everything I got we'll win at least one, likely more than one, of the remaining seven games against WVU, Kansas, Oklahoma, and TCU. Teams that play how we play can shoot themselves into or out of any game we play. We would have beaten every team in the league the way we shot against ISU and X was awful. We'll have a night where we go 17-32 from the three point line and catch someone.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2018, 02:29:04 PM »

But we shot 25 FTs to their 16 and many of theirs came after we fouled late in the game.

We got plenty of opportunities in the paint, 30 shots. We just only made 10.

There were 2 main problems:

1) Besides Wade, nobody else could finish in or near the paint.

Wade was 5-8 on 2s. The rest of the team was 4-22. Barry 3-7. Carier 1-3. Stockard 1-4. Stokes 0-3. Sneed 0-2. Mawein 0-2. Wainright 0-1.

2) Stokes and Brown were bad. 5-23 combined. 2-13 from 3 combined. 8 assists and 9 turnovers combined. .71 offensive rating and 15 points per 100 possessions combined. All of that is bad.

I don't believe we'll have either of those issues consistently, but I could be wrong.

My bad, I expressed my opinion based on the season so far.  Aside from the FTA advantage because of WVU's style of play I feel my bitch still valid. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2018, 03:23:58 PM »
I don't disagree that your points aren't valid.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2018, 04:49:58 PM »

I don't agree with that at all, as a matter of fact I'd bet everything I got we'll win at least one, likely more than one, of the remaining seven games against WVU, Kansas, Oklahoma, and TCU. Teams that play how we play can shoot themselves into or out of any game we play. We would have beaten every team in the league the way we shot against ISU and X was awful. We'll have a night where we go 17-32 from the three point line and catch someone.

this is what k-state basketball has become.  hoping for the $500 winning scratch off ticket.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2018, 04:51:42 PM »
OMG dumb and dumber gif clams just went there!