Author Topic: Terrible KSU Coaching Decisions Thread  (Read 106202 times)

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible KSU Coaching Decisions Thread
« Reply #275 on: October 12, 2017, 12:10:00 AM »
finally watched most of the game on youtube. that final regulation drive was really something. put ertz back in after he's obviously seriously injured his knee (and delton has played well) and then have no idea what we wanna do and also force ertz into having to run it again. smdh.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 12, 2017, 08:09:40 AM »
It was truly a fascinating thing to behold. 5 days later, I'm still baffled by how perfectly we showed that we had absolutely zero idea whether we were trying to score or run out the clock. I mean, who else could possibly be so precise in their inefficiency?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 12, 2017, 10:54:39 AM »
It was truly a fascinating thing to behold. 5 days later, I'm still baffled by how perfectly we showed that we had absolutely zero idea whether we were trying to score or run out the clock. I mean, who else could possibly be so precise in their inefficiency?

That’s what Snyder 2.0 has become and this is only further expanding on what any truly observant Qhatz fan has none for years.   That  Dana Dimel is one of the most formuliacly weird and contrarian OC’s (and not in a good way) in the game. 

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 12, 2017, 11:48:14 AM »

That’s what Snyder 2.0 has become and this is only further expanding on what any truly observant Qhatz fan has none for years.   That  Dana Dimel is one of the most formuliacly weird and contrarian OC’s (and not in a good way) in the game.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 12, 2017, 04:34:29 PM »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

yeah, guys. and on top of that it's just wrong and mumped up to put ertz back in when he's obviously injured. i'm sure ertz was in their ear wanting to play, but still. delton was playing fine. let it ride and see what happens. 

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 14, 2017, 08:54:48 PM »
From the TCU game thread today, but it needs to be immortalized here too because this post was :thumbs:  Good job BostonPancake

Things that pissed me off today:

1.  After forcing a punt in the second quarter, we nearly block it, and the punt was poor because of a strong wind.  The next time we force a punt, we trot two return men out there again.  Why not load up everyone on the line and go for the block?  We nearly blocked it again.  If two more people are rushing in, maybe we get it.  We needed a special team score to even have a remote chance of winning.  Yet, we still sent two return guys out when we knew the punt would be unreturnable because it would likely be short due to the wind.

2.  Punting at the end of the first half with 43 seconds left.  We were on the 43, with the wind at our back.  We have a kicker who can kick a 60 yard FG without the wind, yet we punt.  Again....everyone knew the offense wasn't going to win this game for us.  Why not try the FG.  If we miss, yeah they get the ball at mid field.  Who cares.

3.  This has been discussed, but the 4th and 1/2 a yard play from shot gun.  Maddening.   :bang:  I hate backing up 4 yards from the line when all you need is less than 1.  Drives me crazy. 

4.  Not giving Thompson a snap.  I'm 99% certain that he wouldn't have made one bit of difference in this game, but give him some reps. 

5.  Facing a 5-7 / 6-6 record in the face.  This season is in the crapper.  It sucks.   :flush:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 14, 2017, 08:58:40 PM »
From the TCU game thread today, but it needs to be immortalized here too because this post was :thumbs:  Good job BostonPancake

Things that pissed me off today:

1.  After forcing a punt in the second quarter, we nearly block it, and the punt was poor because of a strong wind.  The next time we force a punt, we trot two return men out there again.  Why not load up everyone on the line and go for the block?  We nearly blocked it again.  If two more people are rushing in, maybe we get it.  We needed a special team score to even have a remote chance of winning.  Yet, we still sent two return guys out when we knew the punt would be unreturnable because it would likely be short due to the wind.

2.  Punting at the end of the first half with 43 seconds left.  We were on the 43, with the wind at our back.  We have a kicker who can kick a 60 yard FG without the wind, yet we punt.  Again....everyone knew the offense wasn't going to win this game for us.  Why not try the FG.  If we miss, yeah they get the ball at mid field.  Who cares.

3.  This has been discussed, but the 4th and 1/2 a yard play from shot gun.  Maddening.   :bang:  I hate backing up 4 yards from the line when all you need is less than 1.  Drives me crazy. 

4.  Not giving Thompson a snap.  I'm 99% certain that he wouldn't have made one bit of difference in this game, but give him some reps. 

5.  Facing a 5-7 / 6-6 record in the face.  This season is in the crapper.  It sucks.   :flush:
Also mentioned in the other there's, but I would add making senior Bazooka Joe the primary backup to Ertz last season. Especially when every new QB for Snyder generally looks completely lost their first several meaningful drives.

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 14, 2017, 09:54:52 PM »
For 3 rough ridin' years I've had a feeling in my gut like I needed to take a huge crap about LHC Bill Snyder sucking the life out of the program.  Today at halftime I finally decided to go plug the camode and clean myself up.  I'm over it.

This staff needs axed, and it starts by cutting the head off of the snake.
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 14, 2017, 10:13:08 PM »
Only 3 years?

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 14, 2017, 10:32:38 PM »
Only 3 years?
A little bit of denial mixed in with severe gall bladder issues.
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 15, 2017, 01:25:46 PM »
Only 3 years?

:confused: We won the conference 5 years ago, skinny benny. The year after that we won 8 games and a bowl. The year after that we won 9 games, played on the last day of the regular season with college gameday on site, for a share of the conference championship, and finished 18th in the country. The year after that was the year of 15 quarterbacks.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 15, 2017, 02:35:44 PM »
Only 3 years?

:confused: We won the conference 5 years ago, skinny benny. The year after that we won 8 games and a bowl. The year after that we won 9 games, played on the last day of the regular season with college gameday on site, for a share of the conference championship, and finished 18th in the country. The year after that was the year of 15 quarterbacks.

Our fan meltdowns are pretty incredible.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 15, 2017, 02:43:41 PM »
They feel forced imo
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

The Big Train

« Reply #288 on: October 15, 2017, 04:42:13 PM »
For 3 rough ridin' years I've had a feeling in my gut like I needed to take a huge crap about LHC Bill Snyder sucking the life out of the program.  Today at halftime I finally decided to go plug the camode and clean myself up.  I'm over it.

This staff needs axed, and it starts by cutting the head off of the snake.

That must have been some kind of relief. Feel bad you had to hold it in that long.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 16, 2017, 10:29:31 AM »
Regardless of this seasons record. This program feels very stale and just going through the motions. There is no spark just super flat and boring. Literal milquetoast.

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 16, 2017, 10:40:48 AM »
Regardless of this seasons record. This program feels very stale and just going through the motions. There is no spark just super flat and boring. Literal milquetoast.
we've recruited a bunch of millennial snowflakes

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 16, 2017, 11:08:58 AM »
i was so cocky coming into this season. really thought we were going to be as good as advertised, because every position other than linebacker had proven talent.

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 16, 2017, 11:13:41 AM »
The one part I really don't understand is how the OL has been so mediocre

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 16, 2017, 11:18:26 AM »
losing our starting center right before the year hurt, Risner has been banged up all year, etc.  depth must not be that great up there.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 16, 2017, 11:27:29 AM »
We have the “fastest qb since Roberson” starting his first game so let’s run him into the teeth of a defense that when they have the talent is one of the best run scheme staffs in the country and/or make him a pocket passer.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 16, 2017, 11:48:05 AM »

40% of last year's regular offensive line is gone. I thought we'd be fine losing Johnson because one of the others would fit in over the spring and fall and take his place. I probably downplayed the significance of losing Najvar, especially so late in the fall.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 16, 2017, 11:51:14 AM »
I used to get really angry on how badly we telegraph our blitzes but now I just laugh.

QB lines up - "Down, Set"

2 LB's/S's rush the LOS.

QB backs out, looks and laughs at us.

2 LB's/S's don't move, revving their engines

"Hut!"

2 LB's/S's get stonewalled

36 yard screen and/or crossing route

So funny
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 16, 2017, 11:57:09 AM »

40% of last year's regular offensive line is gone. I thought we'd be fine losing Johnson because one of the others would fit in over the spring and fall and take his place. I probably downplayed the significance of losing Najvar, especially so late in the fall.
yeah.. I guess we've had so much luck with being able to go next guy up on the line that I didn't think it would be as big of an issue.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 16, 2017, 12:20:42 PM »
I used to get really angry on how badly we telegraph our blitzes but now I just laugh.

QB lines up - "Down, Set"

2 LB's/S's rush the LOS.

QB backs out, looks and laughs at us.

2 LB's/S's don't move, revving their engines

"Hut!"

2 LB's/S's get stonewalled

36 yard screen and/or crossing route

So funny

IT'S SO CRAZY. HOW DO WE NEVER EVER CHECK OUT OF THE BLITZ????

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 16, 2017, 12:31:53 PM »
I really don't find it very funny applejack