Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 4677507 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: The Royals
« Reply #15200 on: July 31, 2014, 09:07:08 AM »
the fact that there are actual people out there that think it's stikes first is very lol

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15201 on: July 31, 2014, 09:08:31 AM »
Probably the same type that are confused that you need an extra point to get to 7

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15202 on: July 31, 2014, 09:16:13 AM »
Guys its deadline day. I think we're going to roll the dice with what we have on the roster. They don't want to pick up the salary of Byrd. The Royals organizational philosophy of "hope our guys will all perform at career best level at the same time" is firmly in place. The decision to fix RF by getting Aoki, might be what does this team in this year. We were in desperate need of a bat, someone who could actually hit a homerun, to play RF and we trade for Aoki. All this to move Gordon away from leadoff so he can get RBI. Gordon was made for the leadoff spot, and Aoki sucks.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15203 on: July 31, 2014, 09:19:32 AM »
Guys its deadline day. I think we're going to roll the dice with what we have on the roster. They don't want to pick up the salary of Byrd. The Royals organizational philosophy of "hope our guys will all perform at career best level at the same time" is firmly in place. The decision to fix RF by getting Aoki, might be what does this team in this year. We were in desperate need of a bat, someone who could actually hit a homerun, to play RF and we trade for Aoki. All this to move Gordon away from leadoff so he can get RBI. Gordon was made for the leadoff spot, and Aoki sucks.

in their defense, if they just would hit their averages we would win the MF'ing world series this year

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15204 on: July 31, 2014, 09:27:17 AM »
When I look at our roster, I believe all of our players who are signed long-term, that are under control, they are all going to get better. That's a comforting feeling. Is it just going to happen? No. They're going to have to continue to work hard. They're going to have to continue to apply instruction, to make adjustments. They're going to have to continue to commit to being great players. We feel like they will.

That was Dayton's quote on October 2nd last year. They just convinced themselves that every player would improve all at once so no need to improve outside the current roster.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15205 on: July 31, 2014, 09:28:08 AM »

in their defense, if they just would hit their averages we would win the MF'ing world series this year

You can't expect an entire roster of players to be at or above their career average for any given year, though.

Especially with Ned Yost running things. :peek:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15206 on: July 31, 2014, 09:28:57 AM »
late to the party but what is all this "strikes first" nonsense? what a bunch of dorks.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15207 on: July 31, 2014, 09:30:52 AM »
I've wondered why the pitcher gets more balls than the batter gets strikes.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15208 on: July 31, 2014, 09:33:15 AM »

You can't expect an entire roster of players to be at or above their career average for any given year, though.

1) i didn't say above
2) i realize everyone is not going to hit their career averages. what i mean is as a unit they are averaging about what everyone's career averages are. some will be above, some will be below. right now we have 100% below. if we were averaging the average, we would be unbelievable.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15209 on: July 31, 2014, 09:35:14 AM »

not sure i agree because the batter could technically keep fouling off balls (which would be considered strikes on zero and one strike counts) for infinity. infinity > four.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15210 on: July 31, 2014, 09:38:30 AM »

1) i didn't say above
2) i realize everyone is not going to hit their career averages. what i mean is as a unit they are averaging about what everyone's career averages are. some will be above, some will be below. right now we have 100% below. if we were averaging the average, we would be unbelievable.

Really if just Billy hit his career averages and Hos hit like he did 2nd half last year we'd probably have 8 more wins right now

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15211 on: July 31, 2014, 09:43:26 AM »
i can't remember, would 8 more wins be a good or a bad thing?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15212 on: July 31, 2014, 09:46:19 AM »
in all seriousness though, we are done. the royals are done this year. i am not a defeatist person and i enjoyed last year tremendously all the way through. but there are too many teams to pass and we just can't do it.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15213 on: July 31, 2014, 10:03:37 AM »
in all seriousness though, we are done. the royals are done this year. i am not a defeatist person and i enjoyed last year tremendously all the way through. but there are too many teams to pass and we just can't do it.

yeah. when we went below .500 coming out of the break, i knew it was over. the more games we win from here on out, the more we really lose.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #15214 on: July 31, 2014, 10:04:24 AM »
I'm going to the game tonight. They're 5-1 with me there this season.  :gocho:

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15215 on: July 31, 2014, 10:05:57 AM »
I'm going to the game tonight. They're 5-1 with me there this season.  :gocho:

see my post directly above yours. and give your ticket to a normal royals fan who only sees them lose
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15216 on: July 31, 2014, 10:29:55 AM »

It's almost as if CF3 went into a coma last week when Aoki had 2 GW hits. He's probably the most "clutch" guy on the roster.  :lol:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15217 on: July 31, 2014, 10:51:49 AM »

not sure i agree because the batter could technically keep fouling off balls (which would be considered strikes on zero and one strike counts) for infinity. infinity > four.
I see a foul ball as a draw.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15218 on: July 31, 2014, 11:13:50 AM »
if it took 3 balls to earn a walk there would be walks all the time and games would be way longer.
if it took 4 strikes to earn a strikeout, it would take longer to get outs and there would be more hits and the game would be way longer.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15219 on: July 31, 2014, 11:15:50 AM »

yeah. when we went below .500 coming out of the break, i knew it was over. the more games we win from here on out, the more we really lose.

what a bunch of quitters

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15220 on: July 31, 2014, 11:17:02 AM »
Imagine if mocat and J-Dub had gone on the Lewis and Clark expedition

Its just too far. There's entire rivers to cross and a hill to climb. We just can't do it.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15221 on: July 31, 2014, 11:18:41 AM »
mocat and J-Dub in the 1960s Nasa:

The moon? Too many miles of space to cross to get there. Its over. Even trying is a loss at this point. We should just give up and let the Soviets have the moon. Hey they can have central america too for all i care.

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15222 on: July 31, 2014, 11:22:07 AM »
you tell me what going to the moon really did for us.

NOT MUCH.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15223 on: July 31, 2014, 11:22:51 AM »
Pretty glad mocat and J-Dub didn't co-manage the 2004 Red Sox

we're down 3 games to 0. Its over. I am not a defeatist person but every win here on out is a loss. Everyone just stay home and get drunk and eat cheetos.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15224 on: July 31, 2014, 11:23:33 AM »
you tell me what going to the moon really did for us.

NOT MUCH.

Its like he's never even heard of velcro