Author Topic: How to recruit like a stud. (lessons for oscar)  (Read 3424 times)

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
How to recruit like a stud. (lessons for oscar)
« on: April 19, 2015, 10:37:03 PM »
If you have any how to recruiting suggestions for oscar. Please help us enlighten Coach Weber.

My ideas.
1. Not only recruit the kid. But recruit the family. You're gonna want an environment not only the recruit wants to be in but his family as well.
2. We all know that we have been part of a so called offseason "epidemic" so why not tell possible prospects "This season you can have a huge impact at K-State. When you come to play for k-state expect to get better and thrive as a division 1 athlete and enjoy the competition of playing for the toughest team in the nation's best conference."
3. Personal visits. I don't know how often oscar visits prospects. But these are a sure fire way to get guys thinking about your program because it makes them look at you as a caring human being and not just some guy sending you pre-printed letters in the mail.
4. Of course showing off Manhattan and what it means to be a Kansas State Wildcat in this day and age.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
Re: How to recruit like a stud. (lessons for oscar)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 11:19:08 PM »
If you have any how to recruiting suggestions for oscar. Please help us enlighten Coach Weber.

My ideas.
1. Not only recruit the kid. But recruit the family. You're gonna want an environment not only the recruit wants to be in but his family as well.
2. We all know that we have been part of a so called offseason "epidemic" so why not tell possible prospects "This season you can have a huge impact at K-State. When you come to play for k-state expect to get better and thrive as a division 1 athlete and enjoy the competition of playing for the toughest team in the nation's best conference."
3. Personal visits. I don't know how often oscar visits prospects. But these are a sure fire way to get guys thinking about your program because it makes them look at you as a caring human being and not just some guy sending you pre-printed letters in the mail.
4. Of course showing off Manhattan and what it means to be a Kansas State Wildcat in this day and age.

I would think that a personal visit from oscar stands a better than 50-50 chance of killing the deal.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 11:19:58 PM »

My ideas.

I would think that a personal visit from oscar stands a better than 50-50 chance of killing the deal.
Honestly i feel like it's worth a shot.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 11:31:30 PM »
no need to recruit the family when you are the... eff i can't do it

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 11:59:11 PM »

:surprised:

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 12:00:16 AM »

:surprised:
LOLZ

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 12:25:56 AM »

:thumbs:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 06:33:55 AM »
1) Show up to an in home visit wearing a stethoscope and lab coat.  Start the conversation by asking the entire family to have a seat and give them the news that basketball has become a serious epidemic and the kids career will only have 12-18 months to live if he comes to K-State.

2) If that doesn't work, have the AD write a long letter with lots of exclamation points.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 07:19:11 AM »
Tell them Weber is really Elmo in disguise.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 09:16:03 AM »
Tell them Weber is really Elmo in disguise.
no, he is Beaker

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 09:32:54 AM »
"look at this pile of crap. if you can't play here, where can you play?"

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2015, 09:42:41 AM »
oscar should probably just use a portion of his salary to hire somebody to go recruit for him.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2015, 10:15:15 AM »
oscar should probably just use a portion of his salary to hire somebody to go recruit for him.
Sorry, nope that won't work.  He spends all his extra money on chicken nuggets.  :D
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2015, 11:06:33 AM »
I think the recruiting strategy should involve more "bag men."

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2015, 11:26:04 AM »
I agree with this

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2015, 11:50:59 AM »
I agree with this
honestly that is what he has done with AB3 and Chet and i was encouraged by his realization he doesn't need any additional white midwesternerness like he had at Illinois. The issue is the players the ACs bring in still have to play for him.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2015, 11:52:26 AM »
I agree with this
honestly that is what he has done with AB3 and Chet and i was encouraged by his realization he doesn't need any additional white midwesternerness like he had at Illinois. The issue is the players the ACs bring in still have to play for him.
How did he get Wade?

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2015, 11:56:32 AM »
I agree with this
How did he get Wade?
Aren't Wade's parents Kstaters? 

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2015, 11:57:59 AM »
I agree with this
How did he get Wade?
Aren't Wade's parents Kstaters?
I have no idea. But he seems to be really excited about coming into thia via his twitter. Which is great because we need people who want to be at kstate

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2015, 11:59:14 AM »
I just hope Wade can live up to the hype and oscar can resist the temptation to kick him off of the team.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2015, 12:05:10 PM »
I just hope Wade can live up to the hype and oscar can resist the temptation to kick him off of the team.

I have been assured to rest easy because he is the next coming of Larry Bird/Kevin Durant

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2015, 12:05:16 PM »
he needs to be Sam Dekker at Wisconsin if he is going to save oscar's program (pretty unlikely as Dekker was a top 20 recruit but unrealistic expectations are all we have at this point)

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2015, 12:06:06 PM »
You send Coleman and bill to recruit, regardless of sport

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2015, 12:33:45 PM »
he needs to be Sam Dekker at Wisconsin if he is going to save oscar's program (pretty unlikely as Dekker was a top 20 recruit but unrealistic expectations are all we have at this point)

Well, hopefully he is here longer than oscar.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2015, 07:19:58 PM »
You send Coleman and bill to recruit, regardless of sport
Bill would put oscar to shame