Author Topic: Rebuttal to Currie's E-Mail  (Read 9516 times)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Rebuttal to Currie's E-Mail
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2015, 11:54:59 AM »
No point in emailing it to Currie.  He knows a lot of this.  He wasn't googling facts about transfers to make an informed opinion on the status of Weber's program, he was looking for justifications/excuses for the fanbase.

Offline the angry young man

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2015, 11:57:31 AM »
Power 5 schools with at least five transfers the past three seasons includes...

Great reply!  But I was hoping that someone would have looked into the "schools with at least five transfers" to see what happened at each school for that to happen.  My guess is that most, if not all, were due to a coaching change but I'm too lazy to do the work to see if that's true.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2015, 12:06:59 PM »
Power 5 schools with at least five transfers the past three seasons includes...

Great reply!  But I was hoping that someone would have looked into the "schools with at least five transfers" to see what happened at each school for that to happen.  My guess is that most, if not all, were due to a coaching change but I'm too lazy to do the work to see if that's true.

A lot are coaching changes and a lot are elite programs that players leave to get more playing time.  If you were to rule out teams that won a championship in the last 10 years and teams with a coaching change, I am guessing we would be one of about 5 schools.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2015, 12:23:57 PM »

NBAF can't get completed soon enough
construction has stopped. Cannot build a level 5 biohazard site so close to such a large fire.

Gonna win 'em all!
Sounds like the BID team is holding up progress in the happy town of Manhappiness. :D
Not so much the BIDers as it is the Dumpster Fire created by Weber. I look at those as two different fires. Am I wrong?

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2015, 01:01:50 PM »
I believe you just did a PR Case study. Great post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2015, 01:48:56 PM »
(Email KK was hoping to receive from Currie):
OMG guys! Foster, Harris, and now the other Harris, what should I do??!!?

oscar's job is to (1) win basketball games; (2) keep the institution clean.  Obviously, to the extent oscar recruited the guys, its primarily on him for players that either transfer or end up getting dismissed.  But if those dismissals / transfers keep K-State clean and result in a better season, I don't see what the fuss is about prior to seeing what the on-the-court product actually looks like. 

And Currie's letter wasn't an argument, it's PR.  He knows exactly what this looks like.  It's just not his job to say what things look like.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2015, 02:12:07 PM »

oscar's job is to (1) win basketball games; (2) keep the institution clean.  Obviously, to the extent oscar recruited the guys, its primarily on him for players that either transfer or end up getting dismissed.  But if those dismissals / transfers keep K-State clean and result in a better season, I don't see what the fuss is about prior to seeing what the on-the-court product actually looks like. 

And Currie's letter wasn't an argument, it's PR.  He knows exactly what this looks like.  It's just not his job to say what things look like.

no, I expect a highly paid professional responsible for sending out regular communication to a broad audience to be able to do so without relying on misleading statistics and arguments.

In two-three paragraphs Currie could've conveyed the obvious-

1) thank you amazing fans for top 25 attendance and our 7-2 home record.  You are the best in the Big 12 and we will continue to try and support the best home environment in the big 12, the Octagon of Doom

2) we had a roller coaster season that ultimately fell short of our expectations

3) while we wish all the departing student-athletes well this off-season, we have confidence in Coach weber and staff and are excited about the talent we have coming in

4)  we look forward to a new season with a great new class of wildcats including...(recruit bio info)

5) we also want to thank our outgoing seniors and award winners

Not.  That.  Hard.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2015, 02:35:57 PM »
yeah, Sign of insecurity, just like the Frank press conference.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2015, 03:20:46 PM »
Would make you think that there is more ppl in curries face about this than just the momma basement dwellers.

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2015, 03:25:35 PM »
Would make you think that there is more ppl in curries face about this than just the momma basement dwellers.
irregardless of what reading GPC makes one think, actual donors of substance do not find any enjoyment in 15-17

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2015, 03:41:08 PM »
thanks for this, kk. you are a great fan and a thorough and intelligent human.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2015, 03:50:12 PM »

no, I expect a highly paid professional responsible for sending out regular communication to a broad audience to be able to do so without relying on misleading statistics and arguments.

In two-three paragraphs Currie could've conveyed the obvious-

1) thank you amazing fans for top 25 attendance and our 7-2 home record.  You are the best in the Big 12 and we will continue to try and support the best home environment in the big 12, the Octagon of Doom

2) we had a roller coaster season that ultimately fell short of our expectations

3) while we wish all the departing student-athletes well this off-season, we have confidence in Coach weber and staff and are excited about the talent we have coming in

4)  we look forward to a new season with a great new class of wildcats including...(recruit bio info)

5) we also want to thank our outgoing seniors and award winners

Not.  That.  Hard.
KK, I know you have good intentions; but trying to correct Currie is like trying to make a used car salesman honest and straight forward.   
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2015, 04:00:27 PM »

I don't see what the fuss is about prior to seeing what the on-the-court product actually looks like. 

i don't need to wait and see what the on-the-court product will look like next year to know it will be bad and below what i've personally identified as what should be acceptable. if you can't figure it out on your own and need next year end of the season results to tell you, then fine. just shut up until then and get out of the way of people who have the ability of foresight.

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2015, 04:08:40 PM »

what does this even mean? 

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2015, 04:12:29 PM »

what does this even mean?

Thorough analysis of trash receptacle contents

Offline BringBackEcoKat

• Fan
  • The Lady of Winters
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2015, 05:47:26 PM »
The more that I read the email.. The more mad I get. I vote we start a campaign to fire Currie. Someone needs to design magnets
'Cause Cats

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2015, 06:13:08 PM »
the campaign is pretty straight forward- quit supporting the athletic department, no games, no donations, etc.  nothing will change as long as our fanbase continues to allow ourselves to be treated this way. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2015, 09:11:17 PM »

the campaign is pretty straight forward- quit supporting the athletic department, no games, no donations, etc.  nothing will change as long as our fanbase continues to allow ourselves to be treated this way.

Yep. 

A student walkout during a game might not hurt either.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2015, 09:12:51 PM »
Well, that would be great.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2015, 09:51:29 PM »
TL:dnr
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Opus

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2015, 10:33:39 PM »
No point in emailing it to Currie.  He knows a lot of this.  He wasn't googling facts about transfers to make an informed opinion on the status of Weber's program, he was looking for justifications/excuses for the fanbase.

Because he thinks the fanbase is that stupid.*

Which is all the more reason to flood his fVcking inbox.

*-He may be right (see GPC), but that's beside the point.

The Big Train

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2015, 10:35:34 PM »
you can say rough ridin' here, its ok, nobody will ban you

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2015, 10:41:34 PM »
you can say rough ridin' here, its ok, nobody will ban you