Author Topic: Jevon Thomas  (Read 47054 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Jevon Thomas
« Reply #375 on: January 29, 2015, 04:41:00 PM »
eh, Lance was a career 35% shooter from 3, and he shot quite a few.

And Nigel's shooting last season was worse than I remembered.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 29, 2015, 04:43:02 PM »
Both players should play, Jevon should play more. If Nigel had earned more minutes he'd play, it's not like Jevon hasn't tried to give him every opportunity. To be fair, Nigel probably not being 100% healthy hasn't helped him. But I see no reason to believe Nigel has beaten Jevon for the spot.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 29, 2015, 04:44:05 PM »
Both players should play, Jevon should play more. If Nigel had earned more minutes he'd play, it's not like Jevon hasn't tried to give him every opportunity. To be fair, Nigel probably not being 100% healthy hasn't helped him. But I see no reason to believe Nigel has beaten Jevon for the spot.

yes, oscar always gives minutes to the best player

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 29, 2015, 04:45:12 PM »

he only seems like a good shooter because he is compared to thomas.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 29, 2015, 04:46:52 PM »

Watching an argument between two of the better posters on this board over whether Nigel Johnson or Jevon Thomas is the least shitty point guard on our roster is BY FAR the most depressing part of Bruceketball so far. Guys, it doesn't matter. They are both terrible.

Pretty much this.

And yeah, I think oscar plays the guys he thinks he can win with. This isn't freaking middle school.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 29, 2015, 04:47:38 PM »

he only seems like a good shooter because he is compared to thomas.
True. I only consider him to be competent enough at shooting that a defense would consider guarding him. Which is what this team needs more than whatever Jevon gives us.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 29, 2015, 04:48:47 PM »

Watching an argument between two of the better posters on this board over whether Nigel Johnson or Jevon Thomas is the least shitty point guard on our roster is BY FAR the most depressing part of Bruceketball so far. Guys, it doesn't matter. They are both terrible.

Pretty much this.

And yeah, I think oscar plays the guys he thinks he can win with. This isn't freaking middle school.

Oh, I have no doubt that oscar thinks Jevon is a better player

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 29, 2015, 05:46:21 PM »
I think this debate should be about oscar's inability to evaluate point guards. Don't ever forget what he told Jacob Pullen.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 29, 2015, 05:58:08 PM »

I think this debate should be about oscar's inability to evaluate point guards. Don't ever forget what he told Jacob Pullen.

Well yeah.

I think Nigel's better position is at the 2. I'm not against scoring points or combos, but I don't think Nigel is either of those at the Big 12 level. The problem is with his size he had to play point. Occasionally he can play the 2 with Jevon at point, bit that can't be a lot of minutes.

Jevon has been disappointing, even with starting a semester late. Nigel is about what I thought he'd be.

Offline ltrain

• Combo-Fan
  • go cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 18, 2015, 09:23:54 PM »
The sequence at the end of the game where Jevon was fouled shooting a layup (he missed), missed both free throws, got his own rebound and then turned it over was the most Jevon-y sequence ever. Also, he may have shot a layup off the side of the backboard I`m not sure. I hate him. Like more than any KSU cat ever.
Wondering who is running this hot dog stand and seriously considering heading out for tacos.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 18, 2015, 09:26:26 PM »
The sequence at the end of the game where Jevon was fouled shooting a layup (he missed), missed both free throws, got his own rebound and then turned it over was the most Jevon-y sequence ever. Also, he may have shot a layup off the side of the backboard I`m not sure. I hate him. Like more than any KSU cat ever.

Hopper is far worse and much more hate able IMO.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 18, 2015, 09:27:41 PM »

if sequences like that make you dislike a player, you may not be cut out for kstate fandom.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 18, 2015, 09:28:41 PM »

Hopper is far worse and much more hate able IMO.

Nope....it is jevon
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 20, 2015, 06:04:24 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 21, 2015, 07:36:30 AM »
oh man, jevon and marcus facing off in big east basketball games

Offline the angry young man

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: April 21, 2015, 11:20:50 AM »
Angel came to play for Frank.

Jevon came to play for oscar.

IIRC, Mr Bread had said oscar didn't have many contributors leave.

So probably if you are true BID or TYS then you want Jevon to suck.
Very logical, but I don't think Thomas came to play for oscar so much as the best program that would have him with his academics. With that resolved, there will be lots of options, and given the transfer environment of today's game . . .
Called it back in 2013.  Can you look into your crystal ball and post tonight's Mega Millions numbers?