Author Topic: I love Frank Martin  (Read 41052 times)

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: I love Frank Martin
« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2017, 01:20:12 AM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rVEIeD91vIc

7 years ago today.

#NeverForget

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 25, 2017, 01:29:10 AM »
I've never watched the footage before :love:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I love Frank Martin
« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2017, 04:45:30 AM »
'Grats Frank.

Some of the posts in this thread, OMG #tears. 

There's like 1 coach in college basketball who doesn't have anybody bitching about him right now, but I suspect there probably is now after another early exit.  If Seff doesn't win a title they'll be low self esteem KU fans bitching about him. 

There's OU fans bitching about Lon Kruger, and he hung a FF banner in their arena.

Frank is gone because of one guy.  Not any fan or booster complaining.   But (maybe two) one guy who couldn't deal with Frank being Frank and lacked the fortitude despite his position to ignore the noise.   A guy who proactively sought conflict and confrontation with coaches and staff members in the athletic department.  An athletic department that now has to purge his little snitches from the ranks. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 04:49:04 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2017, 06:38:45 AM »
Congrats Frank, you are the best

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2017, 08:48:33 AM »
I like to pretend it's EMAW fist pump kid asking Frank this question.

https://twitter.com/gogamecocks/status/845468795376406531

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2017, 09:05:47 AM »
I like to pretend it's EMAW fist pump kid asking Frank this question.

https://twitter.com/gogamecocks/status/845468795376406531

What the ef was Currie's problem with this guy again?  I am going back to bed and dream about 2010.

Tom

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2017, 09:10:28 AM »
Frank is gone because of one guy.  Not any fan or booster complaining.   But (maybe two) one guy who couldn't deal with Frank being Frank and lacked the fortitude despite his position to ignore the noise.

I'm pretty sure there were plenty of people complaining about Frank, FYI. At least according to the person I talked to at the AD. Of course, I think many of the same folks were not very happy about oscar getting hired.

Frank has also said himself he's realized he had to work through some issues since leaving KSU. Just another thing that makes him so lovable.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2017, 09:54:54 AM »
Dax has become a frankite  :horrorsurprise:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I love Frank Martin
« Reply #108 on: March 25, 2017, 10:10:37 AM »
I miss him and I'm happy for him.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I love Frank Martin
« Reply #109 on: March 25, 2017, 10:17:50 AM »
Frank is gone because of one guy.  Not any fan or booster complaining.   But (maybe two) one guy who couldn't deal with Frank being Frank and lacked the fortitude despite his position to ignore the noise.

I'm pretty sure there were plenty of people complaining about Frank, FYI. At least according to the person I talked to at the AD. Of course, I think many of the same folks were not very happy about oscar getting hired.

Frank has also said himself he's realized he had to work through some issues since leaving KSU. Just another thing that makes him so lovable.

True, and I've shared before a colleague of mine lives next door to a guy who is on USCe's board, regents/curators, something like that.   Anyway, recall that USCe has suspended Frank and after the one incident caught on ESPN some board members wanted Frank fired.   He was told to chill, or else.  Thankfully for everyone, he has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2017, 10:43:03 AM »
He really has. I'm surprised he was able to

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 25, 2017, 11:25:15 AM »
Yeah. This isn't the same demeanor we saw at KSU. I wish Currie could have done a better job with Frank here. This new guy I see at USCe seems quite lovable. I had trouble living Frank at times when he was here, but he was winning.

I'm happy for him and his current success. It's nice to see that he was able to calm to eff down and still have an intense team.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 25, 2017, 11:27:57 AM »
He's the same old Frank he just hides it better in public now.   
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 25, 2017, 11:33:02 AM »

Yeah, I don't see much difference in the intensity of Frank on the sidelines. Maybe he learned to filter out the F bombs, but he's not that much different.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2017, 11:39:43 AM »
Yeah, while Frank was here he had a significant amount of Tuck Nation enraged or at least embarrassed. To pretend it was only Currie who had a problem doesn't accurately reflect this situation, tbh. However, Tuck Nation is, was, and always will be full of complete idiots.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2017, 11:44:04 AM »
His behavior was unbecoming of a person that represents an educational institution

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2017, 11:46:28 AM »

Yeah, I don't see much difference in the intensity of Frank on the sidelines. Maybe he learned to filter out the F bombs, but he's not that much different.
Maybe it's the haircut and less pans to the sideline during games. I dunno. Maybe its the gray hair. Or maybe I can only remember the tirades and less the times his players were imitating him on espn.

For whatever reason, he seems softer to me. Not in a bad way. Maybe part of it is no longer working for Currie.

If USCe sustains this success, I'm sure he will be all over tv again and maybe my opinion will change.

Either way, his success is amazing. I loved coach Cals interview after the game yesterday where he mentioned SC. Also when he said no, don't put 3 SEC teams in the E8. Not the SEC.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 25, 2017, 12:05:58 PM »
The loss of Frank is on the heads of every single fan who sat quietly while John Currie ruined this program.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2017, 12:18:53 PM »
The loss of Frank is on the heads of every single fan who sat quietly while John Currie ruined this program.

Kirk also

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 25, 2017, 12:28:32 PM »
Frank was all ours too. Huggs was Cincy's and WVU's at his core, but Frank was ours. He could've had a 20 year run at K State if we had played our cards right and not been stupid.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 25, 2017, 12:30:28 PM »
Remember how much fun it was to have a coach that fans of other teams hated? And a style of play many basketball dorks thought was beneath them? That was a lot of fun. Now other fans pitty our program mostly. No one is jealous or hates it or has any real emotion about any of our coaches or players or anything.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 25, 2017, 12:41:46 PM »
Remember how much fun it was to have a coach that fans of other teams hated? And a style of play many basketball dorks thought was beneath them? That was a lot of fun. Now other fans pitty our program mostly. No one is jealous or hates it or has any real emotion about any of our coaches or players or anything.
Yes, I remember. It was definitely a lot of fun.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 25, 2017, 12:42:20 PM »
Frank was all ours too. Huggs was Cincy's and WVU's at his core, but Frank was ours. He could've had a 20 year run at K State if we had played our cards right and not been stupid.

Pfft he literally campaigned for the Miami job

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 25, 2017, 12:59:17 PM »
He did that for a much-deserved raise. Had the AD shown him love and made it his mission, as rightly he should have, of making Frank feel welcome, appreciated and respected maybe the Cats would be in the Elite Eight with a good shot at the Final Four. It's incompetence beyond imagination that an AD wouldn't do everything in his power to make sure the school's most successful coach in more than a generation was happy, much less chase him off.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 25, 2017, 01:06:58 PM »
We don't all pak together for these games and I don't know who any of the players are, but otherwise this isn't really any different than the glory years of kstatembb fandom.