Author Topic: I miss _Fan  (Read 17931 times)

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
I miss _Fan
« on: February 19, 2018, 09:56:10 AM »
His Advanced Stats are the only thing worth reading on this board.   :Crybaby:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Re: I miss _Fan
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 10:13:30 AM »
You should check out KSO, I think he posts more stuff over there these days (couldn't blame him,).

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 10:20:40 AM »
You should check out KSO, I think he posts more stuff over there these days (couldn't blame him,).

I do, plus they use my stuff in articles, etc. I even write a little bit for J-Mart's weekly Big 12 piece.

I still try to contribute here too, but I'm inconsistent. When I come over and see that no one is really talking about the games its hard to add much to the discussion.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 11:31:34 AM »
Fan can you measure how much Brown and Wade have improved?  Where would rank them on the All Weber Team era?

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 11:49:09 AM »
What's KSO?
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 12:09:37 PM »
What's KSO?
Rivals

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 12:15:18 PM »
I will try to up my basketball related discourse in order to prevent the _FAN brain drain.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 12:16:36 PM »
It’s a joke board we can’t compete with people who legit want to talk x’s and o’s
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 12:21:49 PM »
I think there is a text thread trying to figure out how they effed up this board
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 12:38:51 PM »
I think there is a text thread trying to figure out how they effed up this board

I can give them some data points. 

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2018, 12:38:57 PM »

1) Politics discussion has taken off and created a cess pool
2) Posters are aging out and not enough young talent to replace them
2a) SD is one of those
3) Some pretty meh seasons

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2018, 12:43:29 PM »
Beems.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2018, 12:45:23 PM »

1) Politics discussion has taken off and created a cess pool
2a) SD is one of those
3) Some pretty meh seasons

Cause/effect  I'm only in the pit because there's no discussion here.  I'd much rather be here...much better for my high blood pressure.  i need _Fan to lower my stress levels  :)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2018, 01:03:51 PM »
Fire weber and this place will be busy af
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2018, 01:15:54 PM »
Yep.  I think twitter probably draws a lot of the potential talent from here.  11 or 12 years ago when I was cutting my BBS teeth, KSUFans was full of a bunch of talented and hilarious posters who posted a lot.  These people were funny AND they liked k-state sports.  I really looked up to the more prominent posters and aspired to be funny about k-state like them. 

Over the last few years, gE (on the sports side) is pretty much a cesspool of cynics fighting optimists.  It's basically humorless, generally toxic, and rarely fun or lighthearted.  And that's if you're smart enough to avoid the pit. 

Anyway, point is, that for people who want to be silly and talk about KSU sports, twitter is far more accessible and gE doesn't offer much to draw in young, funny k-state fans.  KSO naturally offers a lot more in the way of actual sports discussion.  Hard to tell where gE fits in between twitter and KSO.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2018, 01:19:50 PM »
In my opinion, the decline of gE is directly traceable to the rise of [you]. Just sayin...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2018, 01:39:41 PM »
In my opinion, the decline of gE is directly traceable to the rise of [you]. Just sayin...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  No doubt.  I tried to point out that this team might be interesting to watch and discuss.  Now we are in late February and this team is fun to watch and discuss and some posters are having trouble adjusting. 

Having to watch an All Big 12 player, and all Big 12 first team defender, Sneed, Diarra and Stokes on his way up is a lot better than being an OU fan and having Trae Young blow up in your face or WVU fan and watch Huggy piss away a good season. 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 01:43:11 PM by cat97 »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2018, 01:48:40 PM »
I prefer staying here because my buds are here and even though there are more posters there the discussion here is better when it gets going. There is a lot of garbage there that you have to wade through to get substantive discussion. Also the anti-brucers there are insanely unimaginative and hit the same notes over and over.

Also personally I get tired of those dudes saying crap they'd say with their dad and brother having a beer and when I raise an objection to say, a guy saying US Soccer is failing because they aren't getting America's best athletes out of the inner city, I get branded a race baiter and the discussion goes no where. I think about 3/4 of that board has me on ignore.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2018, 01:52:58 PM »
I prefer staying here because my buds are here and even though there are more posters there the discussion here is better when it gets going. There is a lot of garbage there that you have to wade through to get substantive discussion. Also the anti-brucers there are insanely unimaginative and hit the same notes over and over.

Also personally I get tired of those dudes saying crap they'd say with their dad and brother having a beer and when I raise an objection to say, a guy saying US Soccer is failing because they aren't getting America's best athletes out of the inner city, I get branded a race baiter and the discussion goes no where. I think about 3/4 of that board has me on ignore.

Those are all good points, but there is good basketball discussion there.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2018, 01:53:38 PM »
Fan can you measure how much Brown and Wade have improved?  Where would rank them on the All Weber Team era?

Here's a whole bucket full of improvement stats:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2018, 01:55:03 PM »

Oh yeah, I'm not saying KSO is what gE/Fans was, just that modern gE isn't what gE/Fans was either.

This place just isn't as creative/funny as it used to be, and I think that's why it's mostly a ghost-town now.  It doesn't offer anything other than a place for about 20-40 people, most of whom have known eachother for the better part of a decade, to chat about kstate sports and politics.  Which is fine, but not very accessible for "young talent."

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2018, 01:56:44 PM »
I always thought it was a coincidence but there really is a correlation between this board being entertaining and beems being involved.  If anybody aged out of value it was bmw

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2018, 01:56:54 PM »

Oh yeah, I'm not saying KSO is what gE/Fans was, just that modern gE isn't what gE/Fans was either.

This place just isn't as creative/funny as it used to be, and I think that's why it's mostly a ghost-town now.  It doesn't offer anything other than a place for about 20-40 people, most of whom have known eachother for the better part of a decade, to chat about kstate sports and politics.  Which is fine, but not very accessible for "young talent."

Yep. That's fair.

Also fair is that KSO is largely the same group of people posting over and over, there are just more of them and there are more willing to engage in basketball discussion without inserting oscar (positive or negative) into every basketball topic.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2018, 02:02:03 PM »

Yep. That's fair.

Also fair is that KSO is largely the same group of people posting over and over, there are just more of them and there are more willing to engage in basketball discussion without inserting oscar (positive or negative) into every basketball topic.
Yep.  Fairly or unfairly, the basketball conversation has been pretty much the same for the last 6 years.  oscar oscar oscar.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2018, 02:06:02 PM »

Yep. That's fair.

:surprised: