Author Topic: Trump. Replace food stamps with food boxes. Very smart.  (Read 14119 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump. Replace food stamps with food boxes. Very smart.
« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2018, 11:46:12 AM »
You disagree with what part?

I disagree with MC's conclusions.  Did you read the article?  It does a pretty good job of stating the case that the SNAP program needs to be improved.  If meals were provided instead of SNAP cards, people wouldn't have the opportunity to purchase sugary drinks or other crap food that will eventually give them diabetes and make them even more dependent and costly to taxpayers.

the program being discussed doesn't provide meals or take away the opportunity to purchase sugary drinks

https://www.agri-pulse.com/ext/resources/pdfs/Americas-Harvest-Box.pdf

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2018, 11:49:25 AM »
man this whisker biscuit guy has got to go.  I cant explain to my nephews that read the board all this filthy talk anymore.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2018, 11:51:08 AM »
This topic has nothing to do with fraud obviously, as there is way bigger fraud in other government programs and paying the IRS...it's about punishing the "lazy" people and they should just appreciate what they get for free.

How about we meet in the middle and agree it's both?   :cheers:

Raise your hand if you are an employer?  I'm one.  I keep an ad running full time looking for unskilled labor at $12-14 per hour.  If we get one applicant a month that can pass a drug test and make it to work on time i consider it a successful month.  It's hilarious to listen to politicians or other people with opinions that have never gone thru the process of trying to hire someone.  Please try it before you form an opinion or make an argument.  They want to go on and on about the minimum wage needing to be raised....minimum wage???  I haven't hired someone at minimum wage in the last 20 years.  I can assure you i'm not alone.  Skilled labor employers have it even worse.  Try to find a CNC operator or someone that can run run a machine.  Talk to a banker...their lending lines are maxed out because builders can't get their homes built and sold in a timely manner because they can't find workers.   People that want to work have no difficulty making enough money to stay off the gov't tit.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2018, 11:53:15 AM »
I love this argument.  So a woman is not responsible for her pregnancy...got it.  You're the guy that gets mad at your wife's coworker for rough ridin' your wife.  Pro tip...it's not the co-workers fault your wife spread her legs for him.  He couldn't have mumped her without her consent and participation.  So yeah, it's her fault. 

A woman isn't anymore responsible for her pregnancy than a man is but they have to deal with the consequences a lot more.  Also, the most bang for you buck is proper education and available contraception.

Also, your philosophy of women being responsible for sex because a man's job is to eff anything that moves speaks quite highly of you.

Damnit, i did it again.  I'm sorry.  I don't really understand what you are saying but i'm truly sorry if i've offended you.  women aren't responsible for the sex they engage in?  men don't want to eff women?  I'm confused.... i really don't get your argument, but again i apologize.

Nobody really expects you to get it so don't worry about it.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2018, 11:55:25 AM »
"unprotected sex out of wedlock"

Lol.

Damn...i knew i screwed this up.  So that you can understand it:  "want to eff dudes without a rubber?"

what you're implying here is that a pregnancy is the woman's fault. got it.

I love this argument.  So a woman is not responsible for her pregnancy...got it.  You're the guy that gets mad at your wife's coworker for rough ridin' your wife.  Pro tip...it's not the co-workers fault your wife spread her legs for him.  He couldn't have mumped her without her consent and participation.  So yeah, it's her fault.

You're the guy who slut-shames women you have what you perceive to have what you perceive to be too many sexual partners but turns around and high-fives your buddy while begging to hear more details about all the "sluts" he's been banging lately. And that colors your world-view for literally everything you said in your post.

I'm sorry you cheated on your husband.  It's not your fault....really it isn't. 

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2018, 12:02:39 PM »
This topic has nothing to do with fraud obviously, as there is way bigger fraud in other government programs and paying the IRS...it's about punishing the "lazy" people and they should just appreciate what they get for free.

How about we meet in the middle and agree it's both?   :cheers:

Raise your hand if you are an employer?  I'm one.  I keep an ad running full time looking for unskilled labor at $12-14 per hour.  If we get one applicant a month that can pass a drug test and make it to work on time i consider it a successful month.  It's hilarious to listen to politicians or other people with opinions that have never gone thru the process of trying to hire someone.  Please try it before you form an opinion or make an argument.  They want to go on and on about the minimum wage needing to be raised....minimum wage???  I haven't hired someone at minimum wage in the last 20 years.  I can assure you i'm not alone.  Skilled labor employers have it even worse.  Try to find a CNC operator or someone that can run run a machine.  Talk to a banker...their lending lines are maxed out because builders can't get their homes built and sold in a timely manner because they can't find workers.   People that want to work have no difficulty making enough money to stay off the gov't tit.

Sounds like the labor market is tight and you might need to offer a higher wage.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2018, 12:04:10 PM »
Have you considered that if you pay more than $12 to $14/hr that you might attract more suitable applicants?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2018, 12:08:11 PM »
Wait I was told all the illegals were taking these jobs from Americans? Maybe hire a coal miner?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2018, 12:16:34 PM »
Are #libbots Preprogrammed to make Shitty Arguments???

ITT, we have a premise that it would be good policy to provide healthier food to those on welfare, rather than allow the purchase of bad food which leads to poor health.

That was met with (least stupid to most stupid)
1. As a matter of economics, unrestricted cash is best -- complete red herring
2. Some accusation of nanny state -- it's a change to an existing nanny state program
3. Attack a poster's business model and practices -- stupid
4. This somehow is an attack on the poor -- stupider
5. An accusation of slut shaming -- stupidiest
6. Blanket it won't work statements -- lazy

Can you libbots not come up with anything substantive at all???
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2018, 12:19:25 PM »
Have you considered that if you pay more than $12 to $14/hr that you might attract more suitable applicants?

That's what you took from my post?  Really?  but thank you...you know i had never really considered that but what a great idea!  thanks again!   :cheers:

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2018, 12:23:22 PM »

ITT, we have a premise that it would be good policy to provide healthier food to those on welfare, rather than allow the purchase of bad food which leads to poor health.

2. Some accusation of nanny state -- it's a change to an existing nanny state program

michigancat had a good opposing post......it's a start.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 19, 2018, 12:25:21 PM »
Well it was a pretty stupid post so I thought I'd help you out instead of going to making fun of you #1cat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 19, 2018, 12:26:57 PM »

michigancat had a good opposing post......it's a start.

I thought his argument that people on welfare eat the same as people not on welfare was also a red herring. The policy is to get people on welfare eating healthier, not conform their diet to other unhealthy people.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 19, 2018, 12:33:04 PM »
The policy is to get people on welfare eating healthier, not conform their diet to other unhealthy people.

no it isn't, at least it isn't mentioned in the proposal. Really, they don't mention any real benefits, other than perhaps all the food would be American grown/made? https://www.agri-pulse.com/ext/resources/pdfs/Americas-Harvest-Box.pdf

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 19, 2018, 12:38:07 PM »
The policy is to get people on welfare eating healthier, not conform their diet to other unhealthy people.

no it isn't, at least it isn't mentioned in the proposal. Really, they don't mention any real benefits, other than perhaps all the food would be American grown/made? https://www.agri-pulse.com/ext/resources/pdfs/Americas-Harvest-Box.pdf

You are being deliberately obtuse.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 19, 2018, 12:41:12 PM »

Lol.

Damn...i knew i screwed this up.  So that you can understand it:  "want to eff dudes without a rubber?"

You're the guy who slut-shames women you have what you perceive to have what you perceive to be too many sexual partners but turns around and high-fives your buddy while begging to hear more details about all the "sluts" he's been banging lately. And that colors your world-view for literally everything you said in your post.

WB 0-2 in assumptions here. You have such antiquated thoughts regarding the concept of "personal responsibility."

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 19, 2018, 12:42:05 PM »
A common criticism about SNAP is many indigent lack transportation to get to places that sell healthy food such that their only choice is food from a dollar store or gas station. This negates that problem, in part.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 19, 2018, 12:43:14 PM »

Lol.

WB 0-2 in assumptions here. You have such antiquated thoughts regarding the concept of "personal responsibility."

You are acting like an ignorant child who doesn't know how babies are made.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 19, 2018, 12:48:43 PM »
A common criticism about SNAP is many indigent lack transportation to get to places that sell healthy food such that their only choice is food from a dollar store or gas station. This negates that problem, in part.

This is one of the reasons I could be talked into a box thing. I would think having grocery stores as the distributors has a chance of getting more places opened in food deserts.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 19, 2018, 12:51:24 PM »

This could definitely be a positive if it was required that boxes are all delivered directly to homes, but they aren't. It's up to states to decide how they're distributed.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 19, 2018, 01:08:38 PM »
This is a weird way to get rid of food deserts.

I'm interested in why this is an idea and the goals it wants to meet? I don't think it's a good or bad idea, I'm more laughing at the "let the lazy Poor's eat what we want then to eat" reactions on here.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 01:12:28 PM by Phil Titola »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 19, 2018, 02:36:12 PM »

I'm interested in why this is an idea and the goals it wants to meet? I don't think it's a good or bad idea, I'm more laughing at the "let the lazy Poor's eat what we want then to eat" reactions on here.

It’s not their money so....
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 19, 2018, 02:44:39 PM »

With the money you donate to feed hungry people, do you get mad thinking about who they ate it and how?

Either you believe all people are deserving of grace and have inherent value, or you think that by being poor people deserve your contempt. It is obvious to anyone who reads you to know what you believe, so why bother with the pretense?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 19, 2018, 02:56:06 PM »

With the money you donate to feed hungry people, do you get mad thinking about who they ate it and how?

Either you believe all people are deserving of grace and have inherent value, or you think that by being poor people deserve your contempt. It is obvious to anyone who reads you to know what you believe, so why bother with the pretense?

Either that or that? Those are the two choices?! :lol: Believe it or not, it is possible to be both charitable and have certain standards for that charity. I volunteer both time and money to the Kansas Food Bank Food 4 Kids backpack program and I recommend you all do the same. It is a wonderful charity. No child should go hungry, even if their parents have made terrible decisions.

http://www.kansasfoodbank.org/programs/food-4-kids/
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 19, 2018, 03:19:04 PM »
nothing will drive you further from being a conservative as reading the posts on here...goodness.