Author Topic: "a nice surprise for us"  (Read 13956 times)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: "a nice surprise for us"
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2014, 11:51:47 PM »
Dom was more athletic than Beasley and Walker imo.

Dom was crazy athletic.   What about Awaji?   That dude had hops for weeks.

Yep what a stud athlete that Buchi Awaji was, just couldn't understand the play book.

Never really got to see if he had much skill but watching him sky for rebounds was always impressive.

"Folks, they're not booing, they're saying Bu-chi!"

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2014, 01:32:49 AM »
awaji more athletic then bw? Jesus Christ I've officially heard it all.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2014, 07:06:11 AM »
dont even bother officer, nobody is listening

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2014, 12:11:27 AM »

I don't think anybody said that.   Just listing recent dudes that were very athletic.   I believe the original post referred to Edwards being more athletic than anyone post Huggs.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2014, 09:51:11 AM »
Bills Walkers athleticism is highly overrated by this board, he played most of is career at K-state with two repaired ACLs and 20+ pounds overweight.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2014, 02:23:44 PM »

I can't name one player in the history of time for K-State that subs in late in a game to chuck up threes who doesn't play regular minutes. This will be a wait and see process.

I'm not ready to oscar off Tre by any means. He is not a Jack Krap. Did we reach in offering him? Maybe, but we didn't get another commit to move out Jack so I don't see it as a big deal having him on the squad. I have confidence in this staff to cut people loose if we need to open up scholly space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me too!  :thumbs:

Jack is still here tho.

He won't be next year.

I'm not sure. As bad he looked last season, it sounds like the staff still loves his game. His HS highlight tape isn't terrible either.
The one with the closeup of him tying his shoes?

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2014, 02:37:42 PM »
Bills Walkers athleticism is highly overrated by this board, he played most of is career at K-state with two repaired ACLs and 20+ pounds overweight.
athleticism is more than just jumping high, watch this classic and tell me how overrated Walker's is

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2014, 10:39:05 PM »
I was always afraid people would forget about Mike and Bill, especially Bill. People forget how huge they were for our program and how rare of just raw talents they were (for us, anyway). They were the #1 and #5 recruits in the country. Yes, Walker had unforgivable crap nights (Texas) and he left too early. But he was still a damn good player for us and even more of a freak athlete considering he never really played healthy here.
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2014, 12:07:17 AM »
I was always afraid people would forget about Mike and Bill, especially Bill. People forget how huge they were for our program and how rare of just raw talents they were (for us, anyway). They were the #1 and #5 recruits in the country. Yes, Walker had unforgivable crap nights (Texas) and he left too early. But he was still a damn good player for us and even more of a freak athlete considering he never really played healthy here.

Billy's KSU career was too short and very bittersweet.   He was rushed in at semester, injuries, etc.   He really got mumped by the one year rule.  Had he been able to go straight to the league, he's guaranteed top five.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2014, 12:15:39 AM »
I'll never forget how well spoken Bill Walker was or how amazing he was to watch in action.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2014, 07:19:23 AM »
I'll never forget how well spoken Bill Walker was or how amazing he was to watch in action.

he was very w. spoken.  in fact, he reminded me a bit of colin powell.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2014, 07:25:52 AM »
:lol:

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2014, 12:25:30 PM »
It's very hard to believe Edwards is going to be better than Marcus or that he is one of our most athletic players ever. I'm gonna go in thinking he is good for about 7 pts and 2 Rebs a game and if he does anything better it will be a nice surprise for me.  Good luck to all of you who think he's going to be our best player.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2014, 02:56:29 PM »
It's very hard to believe Edwards is going to be better than Marcus or that he is one of our most athletic players ever. I'm gonna go in thinking he is good for about 7 pts and 2 Rebs a game and if he does anything better it will be a nice surprise for me.  Good luck to all of you who think he's going to be our best player.
It's fun to think that he might be our best player though. Would be pretty neat.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2014, 02:59:51 PM »

:lol:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2014, 03:39:46 PM »

Considering the ACLs and weight, we may be underrating his athleticism

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2014, 04:02:58 PM »
hey guys- lebron's athleticism is also overrated. i mean most people just think he is athletic just because of big, strong and fast he is. lol. :lol:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2014, 09:30:17 PM »

He could piss in front of a crowd with the best of them.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2014, 09:34:33 PM »
It's fun to think that he might be our best player though. Would be pretty neat.

Yeah, if he's somehow better than Foster, I'll be happy as hell.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2014, 09:53:49 PM »

The BID team will have to turn in their matches.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2014, 11:37:33 PM »

The BID team will have to turn in their matches.

I was pretty staunch BID but I don't have much to bitch about so far...

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2014, 11:29:43 AM »

I would expect more than 7 pts. and 2 rebs a game. I'm hoping for at least 12 and 5.

Offline Harmon4ksu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2014, 05:12:51 PM »

I can't name one player in the history of time for K-State that subs in late in a game to chuck up threes who doesn't play regular minutes. This will be a wait and see process.

I'm not ready to oscar off Tre by any means. He is not a Jack Krap. Did we reach in offering him? Maybe, but we didn't get another commit to move out Jack so I don't see it as a big deal having him on the squad. I have confidence in this staff to cut people loose if we need to open up scholly space.

Me too!  :thumbs:

Jack is still here tho.

He won't be next year.

I'm not sure. As bad he looked last season, it sounds like the staff still loves his game. His HS highlight tape isn't terrible either.
The one with the closeup of him tying his shoes?

Yeah! I thought he demonstrated tremendous athleticism ;)

Offline Harmon4ksu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2014, 05:17:26 PM »

I would be extremely shocked if it's not much closer to 12 & 6 per game.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2014, 09:12:34 PM »

I would be extremely shocked if it's not much closer to 12 & 6 per game.

I ran the simulation and ended up with 11.7 and 4.8 with a standard deviation of 27.6%
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd