Author Topic: david frum thread  (Read 9093 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: david frum thread
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2018, 08:55:36 AM »
WOW!  I misread the topic; I thought it said DAVID FROM THREAD.  :lol:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2018, 07:03:55 PM »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2018, 07:56:00 PM »
he's the best.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2018, 08:02:09 PM »
Richard Dawkins is a weirdo.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2018, 08:10:40 PM »
I'm not a big fan of Dawkins, but good for Frum.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2018, 08:13:59 PM »
Richard Dawkins is a weirdo.

if i were a parent in your school district, i would lead a grassroots campaign to have you fired.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2018, 08:35:28 PM »
 :lol: at Libs now starting to throw around the phrase "Banana Republic"   :lol:

Not a peep under Barack "harbinger of the biggest wealth gap in modern U.S. History" Obama.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2018, 12:45:52 PM »
@sys your boy had some good points today, but I disagree with his conclusion as pretty naive (IMO its a big flaw of his).

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/06/fighting-fire-with-water/561818/

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2018, 12:57:38 PM »
The decencies of normal life?

Yet Bill Clinton a multiple time accused (of sexual assault/rape) sexual predator, who just unilaterally exempted himself from the focus of the #metoo movement.  Still (despite the absurd articles trying to say otherwise) remains front and center, and defended at every turn by the majority of the LibBot movement.   A man who used the power of his office to coerce White House interns into performing sexual acts.

Libs have historically flown air cover for their sexual predators.   JFK, by every account used the power and coercion of his position on women.   LBJ essentially walked the late night halls of the White House to prey on visiting daughters of politicians, essentially telling them to "serve" their president.

Wow, just wow LibBots.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 01:00:46 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2018, 01:02:30 PM »

Yet Bill Clinton a multiple time accused (of sexual assault/rape) sexual predator, who just unilaterally exempted himself from the focus of the #metoo movement.  Still (despite the absurd articles trying to say otherwise) remains front and center, and defended at every turn by the majority of the LibBot movement.   A man who used the power of his office to coerce White House interns into performing sexual acts.

Libs have historically flown air cover for their sexual predators.   JFK, by every account used the power and coercion of his position on women.   LBJ essentially walked the late night halls of the White House to pray on visiting daughters of politicians, essentially telling them to "serve" their president.

Wow, just wow LibBots.

How would you like the LibBots to hold JFK or LBJ accountable?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2018, 01:05:36 PM »

Libs have historically flown air cover for their sexual predators.   JFK, by every account used the power and coercion of his position on women.   LBJ essentially walked the late night halls of the White House to prey on visiting daughters of politicians, essentially telling them to "serve" their president.

Wow, just wow LibBots.

Yeah, things were pretty mumped up for women in America before I was born.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2018, 01:06:26 PM »

Libs have historically flown air cover for their sexual predators.   JFK, by every account used the power and coercion of his position on women.   LBJ essentially walked the late night halls of the White House to pray on visiting daughters of politicians, essentially telling them to "serve" their president.

Wow, just wow LibBots.

Remove the shiny veneer that so many libs have of them (which is weird relative to LBJ and even JFK given the fact that they fully immersed the country into Vietnam, spied on the civil rights movement and spied on the anti-war movement). 

Just remembering how even the most ardent feminists took to the airwaves and op-ed sections to defend Bill Clinton.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2018, 01:07:00 PM »

Wow, just wow LibBots.

Yeah, things were pretty mumped up for women in America before I was born.

Meaningless given the scope of the discussion and the mindsets that exist.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2018, 01:20:20 PM »
@sys your boy had some good points today, but I disagree with his conclusion as pretty naive (IMO its a big flaw of his).

he's an idealist.  the world needs more like him.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2018, 01:24:46 PM »
Yes, the world needs more barely thimble deep thinking idealists pandering to partisans.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2018, 02:09:56 PM »

Wow, just wow LibBots.

Remove the shiny veneer that so many libs have of them (which is weird relative to LBJ and even JFK given the fact that they fully immersed the country into Vietnam, spied on the civil rights movement and spied on the anti-war movement). 

Just remembering how even the most ardent feminists took to the airwaves and op-ed sections to defend Bill Clinton.

At the end of the day, this is just more whataboutism.  If we want to be a better society, we need to increase the standard of social norms we live by.  The goal should be for this behavior to be unacceptable for any politician.  Although Jefferson having slaves was acceptable then, clearly that wouldn't justify Trump owning slaves.  Bill getting off too lightly for his offenses doesn't mean Trump has to as well.  Everybody, particularly people elected to lead, should be held to a higher standard than their opposition party's worst offender from decades ago.

I don't know what you want the #metoo movement to do to Bill.  His transgressions are out there.  In my mind, the movement has been to shine a light on people of power that have been getting away with sexual harassment/assault.  His have been well known for 20 years.  He has had some accountability for his actions, though likely not as much as he would if they came to light today.  Again though, the solution shouldn't be to hold Trump less accountable for all of his crap but to hold Clinton more accountable for his.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2018, 02:21:18 PM »

Wow, just wow LibBots.

At the end of the day, this is just more whataboutism.  If we want to be a better society, we need to increase the standard of social norms we live by.  The goal should be for this behavior to be unacceptable for any politician.  Although Jefferson having slaves was acceptable then, clearly that wouldn't justify Trump owning slaves.  Bill getting off too lightly for his offenses doesn't mean Trump has to as well.  Everybody, particularly people elected to lead, should be held to a higher standard than their opposition party's worst offender from decades ago.

I don't know what you want the #metoo movement to do to Bill.  His transgressions are out there.  In my mind, the movement has been to shine a light on people of power that have been getting away with sexual harassment/assault.  His have been well known for 20 years.  He has had some accountability for his actions, though likely not as much as he would if they came to light today.  Again though, the solution shouldn't be to hold Trump less accountable for all of his crap but to hold Clinton more accountable for his.

It's really not a whataboutism, if you will not disenfranchise one of the most egregious violators from the forefront of the party while constantly pointing fingers across the aisle.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2018, 02:28:09 PM »

Wow, just wow LibBots.

It's really not a whataboutism, if you will not disenfranchise one of the most egregious violators from the forefront of the party while constantly pointing fingers across the aisle.

I think only Republicans consider Bill at the forefront of the party anymore.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2018, 04:18:03 PM »
DNR article, but I did a quick Ctrl+F for "Clinton" and didn't see anything.  It sure pulled dax's itchy Clinton trigger finger though.
:adios:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2018, 11:58:49 AM »
good discussion with good person, david frum, and three other people.

https://democracyjournal.org/magazine/49/whats-left-of-the-right/

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2018, 12:41:18 PM »
I still don't think I understand your foreign policy views sys.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2018, 12:59:57 PM »

halfway between neocon and neoliberal.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2018, 01:36:39 PM »

halfway between neocon and neoliberal.

:Yuck:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2018, 01:52:24 PM »
Frum lost all credibility on anything trying to reference NK back 2 years.   The only credible response from a 2 years ago and beyond perspective is a complete dropping of the ball by previous administrations.