Author Topic: The lets lol @ Oklahoma master thread  (Read 5737 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
The lets lol @ Oklahoma master thread
« on: May 20, 2016, 04:50:41 PM »
They are very busy right now. We already discussed (I think)  how they are trying to unconstitutionally ban abortion, now this:

Oklahoma’s Republican-dominated legislature has filed a measure calling for President Barack Obama’s impeachment over his administration’s recommendations on accommodating transgender students, saying he overstepped his constitutional authority.

Lawmakers in the socially conservative state are also expected to take up a measure as early as Friday that would allow students to claim a religious right to have separate but equal bathrooms and changing facilities to segregate them from transgender students.

The impeachment call seems to be on shaky ground since the letter offered non-binding guidance and did not have the force of law, legal experts told local media.

State Representative John Bennett, a Republican, said in a statement the White House directive was “biblically wrong,” and a violation of state sovereignty.

The Oklahoma bill would allow for segregation at school restrooms, athletic changing facilities and showers if a request is made to accommodate religious beliefs

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: The lets lol @ Oklahoma master thread
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 04:51:54 PM »
biblically wrong?  oh, eff

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 04:52:28 PM »
i think obummer might've really messed up this time

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 04:56:36 PM »
For posterity

The Oklahoma Legislature on Thursday passed a bill that would effectively ban abortions by subjecting doctors who perform them to felony charges and revoking their medical licenses — the first legislation of its kind.

The measure, which passed the Republican-dominated Senate by a vote of 33 to 12, will be presented to Gov. Mary Fallin, a Republican, who will have five days to sign it, veto it or allow it to take effect without her signature.

If it becomes law, it is certain to face a quick challenge in state or federal court. And because the Supreme Court has consistently ruled that women have a right to obtain abortions until the fetus is viable outside the womb, legal experts say, it will soon be declared unconstitutional.

“Most people know I am for defending rights,” Senator Nathan Dahm, the author of the bill and a software developer from Broken Arrow, Okla., told The Oklahoman. “Those rights begin at conception.”

But some legislators called the measure an ill-considered diversion.

“I’m pro-life and a Roman Catholic, but I don’t think we should waste our time on legislation that will be declared unconstitutional,” Senator Ervin Yen, an anesthesiologist from Oklahoma City, and one of a small number of Republicans to oppose the bill, said in an interview.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 04:58:39 PM »
i think obummer might've really messed up this time

Like impeachment can keep him from declaring martial law and becoming supreme commander

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 05:00:20 PM »

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 05:18:46 PM »
For posterity

The Oklahoma Legislature on Thursday passed a bill that would effectively ban abortions by subjecting doctors who perform them to felony charges and revoking their medical licenses — the first legislation of its kind.

The measure, which passed the Republican-dominated Senate by a vote of 33 to 12, will be presented to Gov. Mary Fallin, a Republican, who will have five days to sign it, veto it or allow it to take effect without her signature.

If it becomes law, it is certain to face a quick challenge in state or federal court. And because the Supreme Court has consistently ruled that women have a right to obtain abortions until the fetus is viable outside the womb, legal experts say, it will soon be declared unconstitutional.

“Most people know I am for defending rights,” Senator Nathan Dahm, the author of the bill and a software developer from Broken Arrow, Okla., told The Oklahoman. “Those rights begin at conception.”

“I’m pro-life and a Roman Catholic, but I don’t think we should waste our time on legislation that will be declared unconstitutional,” Senator Ervin Yen, an anesthesiologist from Oklahoma City, and one of a small number of Republicans to oppose the bill, said in an interview.
Their non-shitbag Governor veto'd it.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 05:29:08 PM »
It's the thought that counts

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 05:35:24 PM »
Might as well turn Oklahoma into one big prison and be done with it.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2016, 06:15:42 PM »
So I guess people are up in arms today because they passed some law in the middle of the night last night. Making the earned income tax credit nonrefundable.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2016, 06:21:52 PM »
So I guess people are up in arms today because they passed some law in the middle of the night last night. Making the earned income tax credit nonrefundable.

Wow. What would the rationale for that be?

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2016, 06:23:46 PM »

Saving 76 million
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2016, 06:25:25 PM »

Saving 76 million

Yeah, just looked that up. Didn't realize the state had its own EITC. Was thinking they were against the federal credit. That's not a big deal, imo.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2016, 07:04:12 PM »
for fucks sake with the biblically wrong crap...  :dubious:
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2016, 08:09:46 PM »
In the battle over men being allowed to use the women's bathroom, I think all sides involved deserved to be mocked and ridiculed. Federal bathroom laws :ROFL:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2016, 08:13:46 PM »
Resident dipshit: Look at these rubes getting all bent out of shape over the federal bathroom laws.

Non crazy person: I'm sorry, did you say federal bathroom laws???

Rubes: bathroom laws are governed by the bible

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2016, 08:40:03 PM »
i'm still not convinced there are currently any laws governing what bathrooms people are allowed to use.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2016, 09:22:23 PM »
Laws, regs, rules, penumbras, it's all there if you look hard enough.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2016, 09:25:10 PM »
i'm still not convinced there are currently any laws governing what bathrooms people are allowed to use.

Republicans are implementing them

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2016, 09:28:13 PM »
Republicans are implementing them

that's what i thought.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2016, 10:18:59 PM »
For posterity

Their non-shitbag Governor veto'd it.

She's still a giant shitbag.  She's just vetoing it trying to look more towards the center in an attempt at the Trump VP.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2016, 11:00:17 PM »
"The bill is so ambiguous and so vague that doctors cannot be certain what medical circumstances would be considered 'necessary to preserve the life of the mother,'" Fallin, a Republican, said in a statement.

Sources familiar with the governor's thinking told CNN that the decision to veto the bill "weighed heavily" on the anti-abortion rights governor, but that the "hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees" faced by the state from a near-certain Constitutional challenge to the bill eventually led to her veto.

sorry tiny little baby babies, oklahoma is just too poor to fight for your civil rights

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2016, 11:05:01 PM »
FIC/FUK has been okiebamaed.  He has been using the misapplication of laws to feed us a steady diet of hedonistic laxatives in his march to gayify America.by force.  Well, this is against the rights of religion.  The civil rights act says you can't discriminate on the basis of religion.  So what is funny about having special facilities for kids who.whizz for God or keep their nakedness from the opposite sex until marriage.   Finally.  Planned hamburger can get the hell out Okieland.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2016, 01:00:27 AM »
Also not an issue for Reno or Fake.

Those damn federal bathroom laws.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting