Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 631157 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #10150 on: January 25, 2018, 03:51:41 PM »
Reddit rumor that management is looking to bid on a Chicharito loan.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #10151 on: January 27, 2018, 06:17:50 PM »
That doesn't make sense for either club. West Ham isn't going to loan their best player when they are in a fight to avoid getting relegated. Why would sporting pay a loan fee for a player who certainly wants no part in being there?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #10152 on: January 28, 2018, 03:18:12 PM »
That doesn't make sense for either club. West Ham isn't going to loan their best player when they are in a fight to avoid getting relegated. Why would sporting pay a loan fee for a player who certainly wants no part in being there?

It's a fake rumor. There are some Nevix News twitter accounts that are bots creating fake rumors.

But Chicharito is leaving West Ham if not now then in the summer.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10153 on: January 29, 2018, 09:32:29 AM »
I figured it was nonsense which is why I tagged it with the Reddit Notre since it's a big wall everyone posts anything to.

In other forward news:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5449792/derby-county-forward-johnny-russell-to-join-sporting-kansas-city-in-the-mls/
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm kinda getting excited for some MLS action.  Need a nice change of pace from CBB and I don't do much NBA. It will be interesting to see how the new pieces fit in the lineup.  Still not happy about Benny on a feelz level. 

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Hey guys! Sporting Kansas City plays tomorrow night! Say hello to MY GUY  :love:

I know sw has claimed Super Johnny Russell as well, and MIR has the Hungarian, Danny Salloi. Everyone feel free to lay claim to YOUR GUY before the season starts

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I hope Ilie gets going a bit.  I felt like he left a lot on the table in the second half (last third) of his season.  A bit more defensive then I like when he showed he could integrate into the attack setting things up early on. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If Rog isn't over the hill, the midfield will be something else.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm gonna have to watch today before I decide my guy, but I did hear Russell on the radio and omg his glaswegian is an absolute treasure to behold

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Hey guys! Sporting Kansas City plays tomorrow night! Say hello to MY GUY  :love:

I know sw has claimed Super Johnny Russell as well, and MIR has the Hungarian, Danny Salloi. Everyone feel free to lay claim to YOUR GUY before the season starts
What's this handsome devil's name? He should fit right in with our squad of studly looking studs

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
That there is Khiry Shelton  :cool:

Felipe Gutierrez is still available and he looks to be a steal at this point for #myguy :surprised:

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
first half: so far same crap, different year

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
first half: so far same crap, different year

I didn't think it was the same crap at all. This team feels very different than past teams, especially last season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
sure, it's a lot of different players, but the "we had the chances, we just need to finish" is the same as always...

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
lol, that overturned pk, absurd...

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Not bothered, for the most part anyway. That's a cup contender and Johnson was lights out. It's not the same because they did a good job of getting quality shots out of chances. We defended well aside from a few counters.

I'll tell you what's the same and it's Lobato being a trash can. Well done on recovering from the worst set piece I've ever seen but he made horrible mistakes on both goals, saved one, gave away two. It's horse crap that he was starting for Seth anyway, I thought Seth was awesome last season. I'm close to having to repress thoughts of Lobato getting hurt, apparently he's a nice guy, just a terrible soccer player.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
ya whatever it is PV is seeing in Lobato we have not seen yet. oh well. If he loses the job to Seth, that'd be fine with me.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
ya whatever it is PV is seeing in Lobato we have not seen yet. oh well. If he loses the job to Seth, that'd be fine with me.
problem is sinovic was absolutely no threat going forward...that hurts an already anemic offense...

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
problem is sinovic was absolutely no threat going forward...that hurts an already anemic offense...
i don't totally agree with that, but medranda is. i get the feeling medranda isn't used as a regular starter anywhere because we need him as a utility sub for just about everywhere on the field (especially central midfield where we have a serious lack of depth)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i didn't watch the 2nd half; did rubio touch the ball ever?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
i didn't watch the 2nd half; did rubio touch the ball ever?

i think he had 4 (maybe 5) touches lol

it's all good. either salloi or shelton will start next game.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i don't totally agree with that, but medranda is. i get the feeling medranda isn't used as a regular starter anywhere because we need him as a utility sub for just about everywhere on the field (especially central midfield where we have a serious lack of depth)

100% ages

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

100% ages

I'm glad I'm not the only one pissed at Labato.  Both goals were crap marking.

And offense looks as bad as last year.  I see some possible bright spots and I'm telling myself it's too early in the season (Russel and Gutierrez look very promising. 
Croizet did not excite my emotions.) to make big judgements.   Still not pleased with leaving all the cash in the bank for a finisher. 

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
I'm not freaking out about the offense or Croizet till the summer. Obviously both sucked but the first game doesn't mean much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I guess what worried me wasn't so much the poor performance by certain individuals, but it felt very much like the same issues the team has had for 2+ years now.  We'll see how well the new pieces integrate.  I'm just worried they'll integrate into the same habits of ole, rather then breaking out of the funk .