Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 3980305 times)

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #9500 on: September 05, 2011, 09:59:11 AM »
So is there a way where the remaining schools can collect and divide exit fees from Aggies, Sooners, Horns etc etc. before we accept a Big East invite? BSAC plz advise.  :crossfingers:

No, if half of the conference leaves, there are no exit fees to the remainder.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9501 on: September 05, 2011, 10:01:31 AM »
....Also, I should have noted that Kirk Bohls is clearly more stupider than most of us.

this has brought out the worst in reporters.  rather than simply reporting facts, we get them childishly insisting that we need to believe what they're telling us, acting like expert analysts, getting used as puppets by texas, trying to forward their own agenda, and on and on.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9502 on: September 05, 2011, 10:03:09 AM »
If we get involved in a 20-team Big East, then I take it we would only be playing KU & MU in basketball once per year.   :ck:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #9503 on: September 05, 2011, 10:06:55 AM »
If we get involved in a 20-team Big East, then I take it we would only be playing KU & MU in basketball once per year.   :ck:

could set up 2 10 team pods but would prolly require some east coast traditional BE school joining our Hick School pod and that may cause problems.  I haven't run down the entire list of schools though.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9504 on: September 05, 2011, 10:07:35 AM »
I would prefer the big east over the pac by a lot.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9505 on: September 05, 2011, 10:09:50 AM »

wow. 381 pages and this post sticks out as the dumbest one yet. screw you rusty.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9506 on: September 05, 2011, 10:10:23 AM »
The Big East is the next conference to get picked apart. We'll be going through this again down the road. Not good.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9507 on: September 05, 2011, 10:12:13 AM »

wow. 381 pages and this post sticks out as the dumbest one yet. screw you rusty.

East Coast >>>> West Coast for recruiting and exposure.
We still get Texas exposure w/ TCU.
Easier competition in football, but still solid w/ WVU, TCU, MU, Pitt
East Coast Bias in our favor. :love:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9508 on: September 05, 2011, 10:12:48 AM »

East Coast >>>> West Coast for recruiting and exposure. Plus we still get Texas exposure w/ TCU.

And East Coast Bias in our favor. :love:

This all just makes me sad.

catzacker

« Reply #9509 on: September 05, 2011, 10:14:15 AM »
It's a mistake to infer that people should be happy with unequal revenue sharing with Texas now simply because they voted for unequal revenue sharing in general in the past.  When they voted, they may not have realized the extent to which it would be unequal and were unhappy once it was staring them in the face.  NU and A&M are probably also hypocrital and self interested such that they thought they would be the big boys along with Texas, not sharing as much money with the little guys. 

I didn't think the inequality was very bad when you added it all up. It's more about butthurt than anything.

...and where does/did the butthurt start/begin?  (and i'm going to go ahead and throw out "it's start at their butt" as a retort).  

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9510 on: September 05, 2011, 10:16:13 AM »

dear god. be in a conf with schools in oregon and arizona and california or a conference with with schools in new jersey, rhode island and indiana. i mean you just can't make this stuff up folks.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9511 on: September 05, 2011, 10:17:15 AM »
It's a mistake to infer that people should be happy with unequal revenue sharing with Texas now simply because they voted for unequal revenue sharing in general in the past.  When they voted, they may not have realized the extent to which it would be unequal and were unhappy once it was staring them in the face.  NU and A&M are probably also hypocrital and self interested such that they thought they would be the big boys along with Texas, not sharing as much money with the little guys. 

I didn't think the inequality was very bad when you added it all up. It's more about butthurt than anything.

...and where does/did the butthurt start/begin?  (and i'm going to go ahead and throw out "it's start at their butt" as a retort).  

none of this happens if nebraska wins that one big12 championship game a few years ago.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9512 on: September 05, 2011, 10:19:41 AM »

East Coast >>>> West Coast for recruiting and exposure. Plus we still get Texas exposure w/ TCU.

And East Coast Bias in our favor. :love:

This all just makes me sad.

I would prefer the Big 12, for sure.

dear god. be in a conf with schools in oregon and arizona and california or a conference with with schools in new jersey, rhode island and indiana. i mean you just can't make this stuff up folks.

Yeah, if we were competing in  which conference has the best states, I would prefer the pac. Unfortunately we're competing in athletics.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #9513 on: September 05, 2011, 10:20:09 AM »

And the basketball!  THE BASKETBALL!

Conference tourney at Madison Square Garden.  Manhattan to Manhattan. Etc.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #9514 on: September 05, 2011, 10:21:13 AM »
The Big East is the next conference to get picked apart. We'll be going through this again down the road. Not good.

No.  This time will be different.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9515 on: September 05, 2011, 10:23:18 AM »

:dubious:

catzacker

« Reply #9516 on: September 05, 2011, 10:26:38 AM »

And the basketball!  THE BASKETBALL!

Conference tourney at Madison Square Garden.  Manhattan to Manhattan. Etc.

4, 5 team divisions?  Play each member of the division twice (8 games) and then some sort of NFL-style mix of other intra-dvisional games? 

the f'ing conf tourney would be a mini-ncaa tournament.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9517 on: September 05, 2011, 10:28:29 AM »
If we get involved in a 20-team Big East, then I take it we would only be playing KU & MU in basketball once per year.   :ck:

could set up 2 10 team pods but would prolly require some east coast traditional BE school joining our Hick School pod and that may cause problems.  I haven't run down the entire list of schools though.

Ku,Mu,Ksu,Depaul,Cincy,Marquette,ND,tcu,Louisville.  That is a rough ridin' scary league.  squawks wouldn't know what hit them.  would still need another East Coast team? 
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 10:33:25 AM by doom »
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9518 on: September 05, 2011, 10:29:10 AM »

Actually, it would be different. The fact that the Big East has already been raided really helps. The two dominant football programs, WVU and Pitt, don't really add anything significant to another conference. Schools like Syracuse and Rutgers and Mizzou might get poached, but WVU and Pitt form a pretty solid foundation for a conference to stick around.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9519 on: September 05, 2011, 10:32:57 AM »
The problem with the Big East is that I don't see equestrian among the sports they offer.  Not a good option for us, folks.   :dubious:

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9520 on: September 05, 2011, 10:34:31 AM »
The problem with the Big East is that I don't see equestrian among the sports they offer.  Not a good option for us, folks.   :dubious:

:runaway:
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9521 on: September 05, 2011, 10:39:06 AM »
Starting to get confused with all of the back & forth crap going on;  why, if everyone is pissed about texas being texas, would everyone in the south go to a conference that texas will also be joining?  someone please explain this to me.

the thought is that the Pac 12 is strong/stable enough to not let Texas push them around. But I don't understand what everyone thinks Texas is doing to push everyone around and none of this makes any sense to me any more.

I don't think this has anything to do with Texas being a bully anymore. That was just aTm's reason for leaving. Now this all has to do with perception. The national perception is that the Big XII is falling apart. As we all know, perception eventually becomes reality. I'm sure Stoops was tired of phone calls from recruits asking him what conference OU would be playing in next year. As such, OU wants off the boat that appears to be sinking.

OU does not leave with out Texas and it has nothing to do with RRR. OU's Texas recruiting pipeline would be cut off.

OU doesn't need UT for recruiting.  OU has been heavily recruiting in Texas since the beginning of time, they are fine in that aspect with or without UT.  They want to stay with UT because the rivalry is important to both schools financially and historically....but they can still have that game regardless of conference affiliation.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9522 on: September 05, 2011, 10:40:27 AM »
The big east rough ridin' sucks.  The only reason other conferences aren't cherry picking from the big east is because all of the schools suck.

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9523 on: September 05, 2011, 10:41:04 AM »

:runaway:

Can't we just trade the horses for field hockey sticks and stuff? :ck:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #9524 on: September 05, 2011, 10:41:27 AM »
At this point, I will be upset if the B12 stays together and we don't get a loser B12 school/BE mashup.