Author Topic: Makol Mawien  (Read 96602 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Makol Mawein
« Reply #375 on: March 16, 2018, 09:30:20 PM »
i don't think kstate's bigs are that bad.  promising young bigs, imo.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 16, 2018, 09:33:31 PM »

you're lying. which ones and why?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 16, 2018, 09:34:47 PM »

you're lying. which ones and why?

i can't tell them apart.  they all seem pretty good for freshmen.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 16, 2018, 09:36:17 PM »
We were back to bad Mak tonight, he was very lazy, but I don't even care

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 17, 2018, 12:01:45 AM »
Mawien had another good game on defense.  When you are the primary big in the game and you hold Creighton 59, you played some good defense.  Creighton doubled down and took the inside away. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 17, 2018, 10:25:12 AM »
Mawien had another good game on defense.  When you are the primary big in the game and you hold Creighton 59, you played some good defense.  Creighton doubled down and took the inside away.

We should be beyond the point where we're grading Mak on a curve. He was mediocre at best last night and that's fine. He does need to be more consistent with his effort.

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 17, 2018, 11:00:22 AM »

We should be beyond the point where we're grading Mak on a curve. He was mediocre at best last night and that's fine. He does need to be more consistent with his effort.

His defense was pretty good - miles better than Stockard, but man that offense last night, yuck.  If he could catch the ball, he could have led the team in points.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 17, 2018, 11:04:42 AM »
Dribbling is not something he's good at either. Although against KU's soft inside D, he got away with it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 17, 2018, 11:22:16 AM »

His defense was pretty good - miles better than Stockard, but man that offense last night, yuck.  If he could catch the ball, he could have led the team in points.

Agree. My frustration is that he did not work hard on the offensive side of the ball at all. He didn't even attempt to post hard last night and I'm guessing it's because of that 3 he hit early.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #384 on: March 17, 2018, 11:27:44 AM »
Creighton doubled him everytime he caught the ball in the paint.  He didn't handle that too well.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 17, 2018, 11:54:15 AM »
Creighton doubled him everytime he caught the ball in the paint.  He didn't handle that too well.

That was a pretty silly move by McNeck imo.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 17, 2018, 11:59:02 AM »
That redic lob mcguirl put into him over the fronting defender must have completely mind mumped him because he crap the bed once it was in his hands
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 17, 2018, 02:52:09 PM »

That was a pretty silly move by McNeck imo.
McNeck prepared for Dean and just stuck with the game plan #facecoachedoff

Offline cat97

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 17, 2018, 04:02:13 PM »
  Been reading this board.  Our three defenders held Creighton to their lowest point total of the year  (59)  with the two worst and laziest defenders, "Mak and Stokes" on the floor with them.  Very impressive that three guys can play great team defense in spite of Stokes and Mak.  .  And that was great team defense last night. 

More likely this board just likes to throw players under the bus to provide additional motivation.  Seems to be working for Mak and Stokes.  Good job posters. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 17, 2018, 06:22:44 PM »
  Been reading this board.  Our three defenders held Creighton to their lowest point total of the year  (59)  with the two worst and laziest defenders, "Mak and Stokes" on the floor with them.  Very impressive that three guys can play great team defense in spite of Stokes and Mak.  .  And that was great team defense last night. 

More likely this board just likes to throw players under the bus to provide additional motivation.  Seems to be working for Mak and Stokes.  Good job posters.

It's not just this board.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: March 17, 2018, 06:35:35 PM »
stokes played very good D I thought...Creighton's frontcourt struggles I blame on their  "throw numerous alley-oops to the guy who may not be able to dunk" offensive gameplan

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 17, 2018, 06:52:12 PM »
After the KU game, other teams know they can't just ignore him.  Also he can shoot from outside.  He was a 4 star just like Claws and Sneed.  He thrives off of Wade's assists.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 17, 2018, 11:38:36 PM »

It's not just this board.

Unless I'm blind there isn't a single post on this board that questioned Mak's or Kam's defense, literally not a single one. Cat97, who clearly has a personal stake in defending Mak, can't argue against the observation that Mak was bad offensively last night so it's easier to lash out at this board.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 17, 2018, 11:44:12 PM »
Sometimes mak is really lazy on defense but sometimes he is pretty good for his size

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 17, 2018, 11:49:45 PM »
I can't recall ever seeing a basketball player, on any team, on any level, who has such a wide and obvious disparity of how he looks on the court simply based on effort. I'm starting to wonder if the dude is just a timid guy and his effort level is more about comfort and confidence.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 17, 2018, 11:53:49 PM »
I can't recall ever seeing a basketball player, on any team, on any level, who has such a wide and obvious disparity of how he looks on the court simply based on effort. I'm starting to wonder if the dude is just a timid guy and his effort level is more about comfort and confidence.
The dude is definitely timid. He just needs to get into the zone. Dean needs to coach him up tomorrow and tell him how to come out of his shell

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 18, 2018, 09:41:49 AM »
The double/triple teaming spooked him.  Bellcow will be back in form tonight.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 18, 2018, 09:47:08 AM »
I'm starting to wonder if the dude is just a timid guy and his effort level is more about comfort and confidence.

I don't think this is even debatable.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 18, 2018, 10:15:00 AM »
I'm starting to wonder if the dude is just a timid guy and his effort level is more about comfort and confidence.

I don't think this is even debatable.

His interview after the Big 12 tournament game was really awkward. I'd say the issues is confidence over effort.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 18, 2018, 10:21:59 AM »
Claws to a lesser extent last year suffered from confidence in his abilities so I think there is definitely hope that My Ween can blossom into a killer too.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best