Author Topic: Oscar feeling REAL HEAT. Will we fold or go beserk good for the rest of the year  (Read 2436 times)

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
From the KC Star:
"Then, with Weber’s time in front of microphones closing down, he was asked — OK, yes, I was the one asking — if there were any specific calls aside from the technical he disagreed with. “Yes,” he said. “I’m sure there were, yes. I want to keep my job. I don’t want to get fined. I’ve worked too hard.”

Wow, I have never before heard of Oscar saying such a thing.  Any speculations?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 03:28:41 PM by renocat »

Offline Mels Fish Bowl

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Oscar feeling the REAL HEAT.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 08:22:16 AM »
I watched it and he seemed more nervous than usual, but I thought it was due to possibly saying something that would cause a fine from conference office.  It seemed like his mouth was in action with little supporting brain power.
Manhattan Tradition Since 1951

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 07:12:15 PM »
He had every right to feel jobbed
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 07:20:07 PM »
Right now he's feeling the heat of one of those air activated hand warmers. That's about it.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 07:51:37 PM »
Right now he's feeling the heat of one of those air activated hand warmers. That's about it.

He really does get after it recruiting, actually probably more than most. My problem is does he have any self-awareness and could get someone to go do all that for him with the same, if not better results? I will say the team is not terrible, when they are allowed to just play without oscar trying to babysit them into positions on the court. Maybe more time in Manhattan getting prepped for games so he wouldn't have to do that during the game would help a ton. That's just my opinion, you're smarter than me, love to hear your thoughts on that.

Offline grainer

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 08:26:35 PM »
It seemed like his mouth was in action with little supporting brain power.
Ha! Ya think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 10:55:09 AM »

He really does get after it recruiting, actually probably more than most. My problem is does he have any self-awareness and could get someone to go do all that for him with the same, if not better results? I will say the team is not terrible, when they are allowed to just play without oscar trying to babysit them into positions on the court. Maybe more time in Manhattan getting prepped for games so he wouldn't have to do that during the game would help a ton. That's just my opinion, you're smarter than me, love to hear your thoughts on that.

I agree with this.

One of oscar's biggest talking points has always been the number of assists on made baskets. Generally his teams assist on around 60% of their makes. Some of that is guard play, but its also his system and he believes in it. However, this year we're tracking to have one of the lowest of his career. We sit at 56% for the year, but only 47% in Big 12 play, while having one of his better offenses since his NC game team at Illinois. With this group of guys, he needs to let them make plays.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 10:57:56 PM »
Yeah he's really feeling the heat now, if by heat you mean the warmth of a comfy blanket of nearly unlimited job security.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 11:31:52 PM »
Yeah he's really feeling the heat now, if by heat you mean the warmth of a comfy blanket of nearly unlimited job security.
Come to the hinterlands where tabaccer is still chawed, ask the Cats in the Wild what they think of Oscar, and you will get cussing, spittin, and head shaking.  They like the guys, but are skeptical of Weber as our future.  I don’t chew, so I am content
  Gravy and winning bb;  I am content for now

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 07:24:52 AM »
Come to the hinterlands where tabaccer is still chawed, ask the Cats in the Wild what they think of Oscar, and you will get cussing, spittin, and head shaking.  They like the guys, but are skeptical of Weber as our future.  I don’t chew, so I am content
  Gravy and winning bb;  I am content for now

This is very well said.  I'm 100% certain i might agree with this...probably.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
There is no doubt Weber better do good for the remainder of the season and make the NCCA tournament.   The next 4 games are winnable.   TCU is a win.  Georgia a win.  Haaaaaawkers here a win.  At Baylor 50/50.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Oscar is a cockroach. He'll survive. I would love to turn over this core to an energetic, innovative coach next year, but I'm resigned for another two years of Brucetball.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile