Author Topic: Pissclams' HGTV Thread  (Read 10993 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Pissclams' HGTV Thread
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2015, 07:41:46 AM »
there was a funny portlandia episode about tiny houses.

http://www.oregonlive.com/hg/index.ssf/2015/02/portlandia_tiny_house_fred_and.html

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2015, 09:43:20 AM »
I have really been enjoying Beach Flip, the serial format is surprisingly enjoyable and the Bammer cougars are fantastic heels - their combo of overconfident condecension and competence make it very fun to root against them.

Offline Reboulet

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2015, 11:35:04 AM »
Tiny house craze on the internet is insane to me. It's like, the goal is to get a huge nice house, not a tinier-than-mobile-home mobile home made out of pallets. Smh.

Agreed. Calling them Tiny Houses makes it seem a lot more epic than Fancy Trailers.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 02, 2015, 03:09:00 PM »
You guys know me by now and you know I think Joanna from Fixer Upper is just a peach with a pretty good eye. But this crap is getting ridiculous. One thing me and Mrs. SB always LOL at is how she can never resist hanging decorative words on the wall, like "eat" or "love" or "family". Just gag me with a spoon, amirite? Well today totally crossed the line. Just totally crossed it. In the first episode I watched, they did the grand reveal to this lady of her new Fixer Upper, and what does it say on the wall? TODAY IS A GOOD DAY TO HAVE A GOOD DAY. I mean, this took up, like, 16 sq. feet on her wall. Pretty big letters. Pretty big.

Then the second 'sode made us just think Joanna is rough ridin' with is. On the wall in the living room was just a massive jumble of like 30-40 very large random numbers and capital letters. Think about how little kids shuffle cards where they just spread 'em out and then kinda smear the cards around for a while. Except instead of cards make them a bunch of random-ass numbers and letters and then mount them all vertically right inside the entryway of a $400,000 house.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 04:19:38 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2017, 10:24:05 PM »
house hunters....what a crazy episode yesterday at 7 called "back to kc suburbs" season 124, episode 7

on one hand the buyers from san diego are friends of someone i know, and on the other hand, the sellers of house #1 are friends of mine

worlds colliding

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2017, 10:46:32 PM »
house hunters....what a crazy episode yesterday at 7 called "back to kc suburbs" season 124, episode 7

on one hand the buyers from san diego are friends of someone i know, and on the other hand, the sellers of house #1 are friends of mine

worlds colliding

what are their usernames?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 21, 2018, 10:32:11 PM »
Sys, a guy that doesn’t look unlike you is studying lizards in southern France and looking for a place on HHI!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2018, 07:11:48 AM »
Sys, a guy that doesn’t look unlike you is studying lizards in southern France and looking for a place on HHI!

Fact Check-- there are no lizards in Southern France and this guy is a fraud

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2018, 07:51:34 AM »

Fact Check-- there are no lizards in Southern France and this guy is a fraud

Unless they just got some sort of unexpected lizard infestation, and if that is the case our very Sys is exactly the guy you want on this and pronto.