Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3145391 times)

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is hurting
« Reply #18950 on: January 02, 2018, 07:47:17 PM »

Unfortunately we have some of the same dumb eff fans as these morons.  The phog has as much right to laugh at us.  I mean we should at least call Chip Kelly and Bob Stoops.  Right?

Maybe I just don't run into these dumb fucks in real life, or on the web, but I haven't seen a serious post that suggested we should try and get Kelly or Stoops. Now, having said that, I do agree that we have some serious cuck fans that'll ride the Snyder love train all the way into the grave.

The phog doesn't have a right to laugh at anyone. That place is next level delusional about their school, their football program, and their importance as a university. Aggy, Arkansas, and Rapelor are likely the only ones worse in the country.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18951 on: January 05, 2018, 02:24:06 PM »
This guy gets it.

I believe it much more likely that we give Turner Gill another shot than getting a "Harbaugh" type. I think Turner is worthy of another chance ....

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18952 on: January 05, 2018, 05:17:32 PM »
The dream is still alive...

If Michigan has another so so year and loses to OSU again and we go 1 - 11 I say we open up the check book and do whatever we can to get his wife to come home. He'll get fired if they lose 4 games and look average in a bowl game. We can all dream can't we?

I’m a huge Harbaugh fan. We all saw what he did with Stanford and the 49ers. Stanford was a doormat when he went there and they are still a Top 15ish program a decade later. If KU doesn’t pull a complete 180 under Beaty this next year, here is my ideal scenario:

August: Girod publically sets objective standards for Zenger and Beaty which are to be evaluated mid-season.

Mid-October: Girod makes Zenger fire Beaty, name Hull interim HC.

Late-October: Fire Zenger. Name Drue Jennings interim AD. Let Jennings drain the swamp that is the Athletic Department. Full review of our compliance staff (see our basketball eligibility problems), fundraising groups (Baty and Co.), and immediate termination of anyone who was involved in the ticket scandal in any capacity but managed to retain employment.

November: Spend the month setting up shop in Harbaugh’s head. “Happy wife, happy life.” “Complete program control.” “No more elitist Michigan alumni.”

Late November: Sign Harbaugh to long-term deal after he gets to boot at Michigan. His buyout is structured so that he gets what remains on his $50+ million contract, less whatever he gets paid at his next job. So we would get him at a discount and let Michigan pay the bulk of his early years salary.

December: Find the best AD money can buy. Give the AD whatever he wants (including unfettered access to university jet(s).

January: Name the AD position after Jennings.
So...not only are they getting Harbaugh, but they're getting him at a discounted rate and doing it without an athletic director.  It makes sense because of the "anti-elitist" angle.  If there's one thing a multi-millionaire who grew up in Palo Alto, attended Michigan, coached at Stanford, San Francisco, and then Michigan hates, it's elitists from Ann Arbor.

Unfortunately we have some of the same dumb eff fans as these morons.  The phog has as much right to laugh at us.  I mean we should at least call Chip Kelly and Bob Stoops.  Right?

KU should absolutely call Harbaugh.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18953 on: January 07, 2018, 12:13:41 PM »

I agree. Ol' Jim could use a good laugh after that bowl game and the season he had.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18954 on: January 07, 2018, 11:25:51 PM »
Harbaugh as KU coach. Sean Snyder as AD. Perfect.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18955 on: January 08, 2018, 09:39:48 AM »
Ann Arbor does not have the siren song of Olathe.  Everyone knows that if you are from Olathe you must eventually return

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18956 on: January 08, 2018, 11:40:14 AM »

I agree. Ol' Jim could use a good laugh after that bowl game and the season he had.

Yea, Harbaugh should say no rough ridin' way but KU should absolutely call him.

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18957 on: January 08, 2018, 02:32:45 PM »
Would he get full access to the rape dorms?
unfettered

Aren't they all rape dorms in Lawrence?
BlackCats does it right and is clearly a good person. - Steve Dave
BlackCats is a vital member of this blogging community, and a close personal friend of mine. -meow meow
I yearn for your nuggets. - Shooter Jones

Offline Ihaveteeth

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18958 on: January 08, 2018, 05:21:16 PM »
Ann Arbor does not have the siren song of Olathe.  Everyone knows that if you are from Olathe you must eventually return
I was talking to one of the cooks at Austin's earlier today.  He graduated from KU in the late 90s.  According to him, they're already working on a potential new menu item that will be named after coach Harbaugh as soon as his return to Lawrence is announced.  I was sworn to secrecy regarding the new menu item, (but if you like breaded blue cheese balls, you're going to be excited)!

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #18959 on: January 09, 2018, 01:53:43 AM »
I have a hunch that story may be fabricated
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18960 on: January 09, 2018, 09:45:14 AM »

I'm not from KCK, but I'm pretty sure Austin's is where gun yielding racists hang out, isn't it? So believe what you want on coalteeth hanging out there.

Offline Ihaveteeth

• Coal Grab'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18961 on: January 09, 2018, 03:07:38 PM »

I'm not from KCK, but I'm pretty sure Austin's is where gun yielding racists hang out, isn't it? So believe what you want on coalteeth hanging out there.
Fake news.  The gun wielding racists who hang out there are unyielding.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18962 on: January 10, 2018, 08:35:59 AM »

Fake news.  The gun wielding racists who hang out there are unyielding.

Would like to say that was a typo, but in fact, it was not.

:facepalm:

go Hawks.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #18963 on: January 20, 2018, 01:38:28 PM »
Having the best town outside of Austin in the Big 12, some of the best facilities in the country, and a major metropolitan area next door makes KU a VERY attractive job for anyone outside of the top names. It's shameful what Gump has allowed to occur. Hopefully he's not around to hire the next guy. If someone with half a brain makes the next hire, I expect KU to have roughly Oklahoma State's level of success. That's what we SHOULD be expecting, and a school like ours deserves.

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

What part is your favorite?

The second best town in the big 12?
http://www.wibw.com/content/news/Urban-Dictionarys-definition-of-shole-hits-close-to-home-in-NE-Kansas-469000433.html

Some of the best facilities in the country?

OK State level of success?

Their last conference title was 1968 (Split with OU who they lost to)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18964 on: January 20, 2018, 02:59:45 PM »
Their facilities aren’t in top half anymore.  Facilities are basically passed by every 3-4 years

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #18965 on: January 20, 2018, 08:51:51 PM »
amazing. favorite part is all of it.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18966 on: January 22, 2018, 08:49:13 AM »
a school like ours deserves

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18967 on: January 22, 2018, 10:57:06 AM »
Why can't the greatest:  Town, university, athletic department with the greatest athletic facilities be better at football??

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #18968 on: January 22, 2018, 10:59:33 AM »
They have to share the state's resources with lil brother. duh.

Online meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18969 on: January 22, 2018, 11:11:59 AM »
Why can't the greatest:  Town, university, athletic department with the greatest athletic facilities be better at football??

or just not be the absolute worst at it

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18970 on: January 22, 2018, 12:02:35 PM »
Well, I think we can all agree that this is a pickle.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #18971 on: January 22, 2018, 12:11:53 PM »
It really is crazy that they not only have advantages over most other programs in every way, they clearly have advantages over us in literally every way. Yet here we are, boggles the mind.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18972 on: January 22, 2018, 02:14:45 PM »
Putting a grape in a Lamborghini doesn't turn them into the GOAT. - ancient Maltese proverb

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18973 on: January 22, 2018, 03:09:59 PM »
With all those advantages it might be that the university has a reputation as losers that is hard to shake

Online meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18974 on: January 22, 2018, 03:15:12 PM »
when your greatest coach ever lost his last 7 games and finished with a worse conference win % than Ron Prince, you know it's an impossible place to be successful at