Author Topic: Fake Patty's Day  (Read 69392 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Fake Patty's Day
« Reply #600 on: March 10, 2018, 07:30:58 PM »

The Big Train

« Reply #601 on: March 10, 2018, 08:50:47 PM »
I participated today but it was unplanned 

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 12, 2018, 08:47:10 AM »
Never got to participate as this was started after I graduated.  Pretty sure if I showed up now, I would drink for a few hours, decide I'm too old for this business, and find someplace outside of the 'ville to finish the day.
@mikec2w

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 24, 2018, 12:28:57 AM »
http://themercury.com/opinion/editorials/aggieville-as-outdoor-drinking-zone-worth-a-look/article_72418f7c-01ac-574b-ae3d-f5df7ad038f7.html

The Manhattan city government is heading in the right direction on beer gardens.

City commissioners this week supported the idea of allowing broader areas where people could drink alcohol out in the open.

It’s a good start. Why not broaden the concept further so that people can walk around Aggieville routinely with a drink in their hand?

The legal background is this: Basically, the law says alcohol has to be consumed on the premises of a place like a bar that has a license to sell booze. You can’t just walk around with a drink — that’s a violation of the “open container” law.

But the city (like many others) has carved out a few exceptions for limited special events, where a special permit is granted. The trouble is that the area where people can drink is usually limited and fenced off, and that can get restrictive. Commissioners noted that it pulls parents away from kids, for instance.

We should note that we’re not talking about raging keg parties on the lawn of a fraternity — we’re talking about fundraisers for local charities, for instance.

Anyway, as Commissioner Wynn Butler said, people drink all the time at tailgates in the K-State football stadium parking lot, and there’s no roped-off area. Perhaps it’s time to loosen the regulations a bit.

Police director Brad Gruntley said the city should be careful to craft rules so that you don’t end up with a the kegger on the lawn, or as he put it, a “Bahama Mama festival” sponsored by fraternities and sororities.

True.

On the other hand, we figure regulations could be crafted to allow adults to walk around a carefully drawn area — Aggieville comes to mind — with plastic cups during certain hours of certain days. No glass, of course, but would there really be any harm from allowing more of a festival-type atmosphere on weekend nights in what is already the bar district?

It’s worth a discussion.

Fire up the Gruntley/Strawn memes
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 25, 2018, 08:24:10 AM »
Awww yeah....time to "Bahama Mama".
@mikec2w

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 13, 2021, 04:34:29 PM »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 13, 2021, 08:45:12 PM »
Love all of this

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 13, 2021, 08:58:34 PM »
Good rememberable of this good thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 14, 2021, 09:54:50 AM »
Should've taken pics while I was out and about town.. Seemed more like the ole organic fake pattys days. House on the corner or 17th and Anderson kids had framed up the whole backyard and tarped all of it even the breezeway between the house and the garage. Was really impressive.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 14, 2021, 10:03:20 AM »
Tarped how? What does that mean?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 14, 2021, 10:11:23 AM »
Tarped how? What does that mean?
umm similar to a tent
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/515-N-17th-St_Manhattan_KS_66502_M80459-18909
 was actually this house and the backyard is good sized it was pretty impressive to see

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 14, 2021, 10:44:35 AM »
Hell yeah zoomers  :thumbs:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire