Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: jobs
« Reply #2500 on: September 19, 2018, 06:30:54 PM »
As a recruiter myself, I’d say what do you have to lose from a convo? Nice to make connections just in case things ever change. Most of the ppl I’ve hired lately are ppl who have came back to me a year or two later when the atmosphere at there work has tanked. Always good to be on someone’s radar just in case.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2501 on: September 19, 2018, 06:42:27 PM »
I usually talk if it's a better opportunity.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: September 19, 2018, 07:03:59 PM »
For a job, is it better to barely make any money but be happy, or make tons of money and be miserable?  And just pretend these are the only 2 options.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: September 19, 2018, 07:10:09 PM »
Tons of money and be miserable
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: September 19, 2018, 07:20:29 PM »
Make the recruiter promise to give you 40% of any commission

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2505 on: September 19, 2018, 07:30:06 PM »
A lot goes into “and be happy.”

I am in a position where I am the only bread winner in my family, for a few unavoidable reasons.  So, if I were to chose “barely make any money and be happy,” I would very likely end up unhappy as a result of other things my family would have to go without.  Maybe not, but I really do think so.

So, personally, I go for the money.  I need to be grateful though, and have some rough ridin' humility and be thankful that I am in a position to do that.  Instead, I am always at risk of being resentful about it...I really, really, really dislike that about myself.  That’s why I am posting about it...need to remind myself that I should be honored to be able to provide for my family, and not petty and selfish.

Having said that, if I were 25 and kidless, I would do something fun.  When I was 25, I was a goddamn chowder keg of anxiety and fear, and needed an awful damn lot of self medication to get by.  I had it all wrong, man.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: September 19, 2018, 07:31:23 PM »
Not how it works when you recruit for the company itself and not an outside staffing agency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: September 19, 2018, 07:48:34 PM »
Thanks for sharing, Pete

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: September 19, 2018, 08:11:34 PM »
i think he means his canadian friend did a lot of self medicating

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: September 19, 2018, 08:51:18 PM »
Not how it works when you recruit for the company itself and not an outside staffing agency.

Can I try to educate just a lil bit here? Let’s say there’s 30 firms of your caliber and 2 main swinging dicks like yourself at each office. One of them desides they could prosper on their own on greater gains and leave the company. Well, we need to replace that badass with another badass within company terms. That’s what they regulate as a replacement, a new ‘stone. There’s not a lot of stones out there and you’ve contacted maybe every ‘stone qualification, but your company still says no because they’re unsure and he’s only 25. Does this make sense?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 09:06:20 PM by WackyCat08 »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: September 19, 2018, 08:59:18 PM »
Every time a “Doctor” leaves, if they don’t qualify for what we do, or can come close to ‘stone work, that’s a no. I bet on human beings every day. It’s been profitable, but it’s not easy.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: September 19, 2018, 09:00:13 PM »
School is in session!

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: September 19, 2018, 09:36:37 PM »
For a job, is it better to barely make any money but be happy, or make tons of money and be miserable?  And just pretend these are the only 2 options.

If you are talking long term, then #1 is the only logical choice.  On the other hand, if you have an opportunity to grind out a few years for some serious money (and have a decent landing spot after) then I'd recommend that option, especially if you're 40 or under.  Just make sure you actually save up the excess money (and put it to work, either in investments or whatever else will generate future cash flow) to make the pain worthwhile.

Excess income in your 20s is worth vastly more than excess income in your 50s.  End up at the low-paying happy job either way, as weird as that might sound.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: September 19, 2018, 10:24:04 PM »

Can I try to educate just a lil bit here? Let’s say there’s 30 firms of your caliber and 2 main swinging dicks like yourself at each office. One of them desides they could prosper on their own on greater gains and leave the company. Well, we need to replace that badass with another badass within company terms. That’s what they regulate as a replacement, a new ‘stone. There’s not a lot of stones out there and you’ve contacted maybe every ‘stone qualification, but your company still says no because they’re unsure and he’s only 25. Does this make sense?

I mean, that doesn't make sense but I know very well what search firms do.  Spencer Reed is my go to

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: September 19, 2018, 10:33:51 PM »
I'd choose low money and happy, unfortunately only doing nothing makes me happy so irl  might as well make piles of money while being miserable
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: September 19, 2018, 10:46:30 PM »

I mean, that doesn't make sense but I know very well what search firms do.  Spencer Reed is my go to
Got it that it doesn’t make sense and that you guys don’t pay internal recruiters to fit your firm. Turnover makes sense.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 10:49:43 PM by WackyCat08 »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: September 19, 2018, 11:00:38 PM »
Btw spencer is working your ass over. DM for a better business plan. Ftr. I’d get nothing out of this. Just trying to help a fellow cat.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: September 20, 2018, 12:09:53 PM »
Btw spencer is working your ass over. DM for a better business plan. Ftr. I’d get nothing out of this. Just trying to help a fellow cat.

Nah I’m good

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: September 20, 2018, 12:10:49 PM »
Sucks that your company loves to blow money.  :frown:

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: September 20, 2018, 12:34:21 PM »
So my Canadian friend really likes what he does and makes good money while living in MHK(LRWTP!). He could start making 6 figures if he moved to KC for a new job. However he really likes MHK and has good friends here. However he also really likes KC and has some good friends there too.

His current job gives him a lot of flexibility and is involved with many different disciplines. This new job would be a lot more specialized and while he likes what that specialization is, the other specialization that he does a lot of at the current job wouldn’t be something he would do at the new job and it’s his favorite by far.

Pros? Cons? Thoughts?
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2520 on: September 20, 2018, 12:40:19 PM »
Don't want to steal your thunder, TBT. Just had to tell you guys, they changed their minds and after my meeting this morning and my region being fully staffed, they decided to give me the new title and a raise.  :excited:

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: September 20, 2018, 12:42:47 PM »
If your passion for crypto and block chain is as much as I think it is, you should move wherever you have the highest probability of making a career out of that.  You only get one life to live, grab it by the balls.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: September 20, 2018, 12:57:29 PM »
Don't want to steal your thunder, TBT. Just had to tell you guys, they changed their minds and after my meeting this morning and my region being fully staffed, they decided to give me the new title and a raise.  :excited:

:emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid: :kstategrad: :kstategrad: :kstategrad:

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: September 20, 2018, 12:59:25 PM »
Wtg, Wackster!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: September 20, 2018, 01:01:19 PM »
If your passion for crypto and block chain is as much as I think it is, you should move wherever you have the highest probability of making a career out of that.  You only get one life to live, grab it by the balls.

I would drop everything I was doing right now and go work on crypto if I was offered a job. I’ve already started working on BTCPay and use the NBitcoin library a lot, never know where that could lead :excited: