Author Topic: Great news Cats fans: Science proves we are younger, richer and not bandwagon  (Read 214493 times)

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
I will continue to guess the name of the KU grad that takes my toll booth money while I'm riding dirty on 22s through I-70 to the Purple Palace.
[

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
These numbers are hilarious.  First of all, nice sample size of less than 2000.  Next, only 29% of the respondents were K-State fans, meaning your average is weighted more significantly by individuals.  Also, approximately 60% of the respondents were men, and men make up to 20% more than women who have the same job.  Last but not least, K-State grads relocate to hot spots like Topeka, Wichita, and Kansas City, while KU fans move on to places like Chicago, New York, LA, London, Australia, etc, etc. 

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
KU fans are so poor, old and bandwagon'y  :lol:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Oh man... that was a good one, steve.  Shouldn't you be off posting a bunch of pictures of cats, pretending like that third straight loss to Colorado didn't kill your soul?

:lol:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Oh man... that was a good one, steve.  Shouldn't you be off posting a bunch of pictures of cats, pretending like that third straight loss to Colorado didn't kill your soul?

no, I have money to count

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
These numbers are hilarious.  First of all, nice sample size of less than 2000.  Next, only 29% of the respondents were K-State fans, meaning your average is weighted more significantly by individuals.  Also, approximately 60% of the respondents were men, and men make up to 20% more than women who have the same job.  Last but not least, K-State grads relocate to hot spots like Topeka, Wichita, and Kansas City, while KU fans move on to places like Chicago, New York, LA, London, Australia, etc, etc. 

its cute that you think things like this

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
KU endowment:  $1.5 billion

K-State endowment:  $350 million

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

the truth is that 99% of ku students grew up in kansas city and then 98% of the ones that graduate move right back home when they're done. it's a five year migration to lawrence where everybody yells home of the chiefs before bball games and rip their effing heads off for fball games. when their time in lawrence is up, they go back home (kc) to breed and then their offspring have their own migration when they are 18. veritable circle of life in lawrentucky. thunder, ohh ahh ahhh ahhh ahhh ooh ooh ahhh, thunder.  :lol:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

the truth is that 99% of ku students grew up in kansas city and then 98% of the ones that graduate move right back home when they're done. it's a five year migration to lawrence where everybody yells home of the chiefs before bball games and rip their effing heads off for fball games. when their time in lawrence is up, they go back home (kc) to breed and then their offspring have their own migration when they are 18. veritable circle of life in lawrentucky. thunder, ohh ahh ahhh ahhh ahhh ooh ooh ahhh, thunder.  :lol:

You're trying too hard. 

:zzz:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

this is a great summary

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile

Best friend from HS is a KU grad.  Played the trumpet on a Carnival cruise ship for a few years, now picking grapes in Australia.  Really putting that degree to work.  Sure, it's purely anecdotal.  But even if you consider kids I went to HS with that split between KU/K-State....it's very obvious who (by my measure) are more successful in life.  I have hired my share of KU grads and I like them just fine.  They don't know anything so I can teach them do to the job how I want it done.  They're also significantly cheaper.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Best friend from HS is a KU grad.  Played the trumpet on a Carnival cruise ship for a few years, now picking grapes in Australia.  Really putting that degree to work.  Sure, it's purely anecdotal.  But even if you consider kids I went to HS with that split between KU/K-State....it's very obvious who (by my measure) are more successful in life.  I have hired my share of KU grads and I like them just fine.  They don't know anything so I can teach them do to the job how I want it done.  They're also significantly cheaper.

Nice anecdotal story, but it's complete bullsh*t.  KU alums make more money than K-State alums, and KU's classes are much tougher than K-State's.  Your university is basically a glorified junior college. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

If the KSU alumni association is to be believed, and I don't know why they wouldn't be . . . 51% of K-State alums live outside of Kansas.   K-State has chartered Catbacker Clubs in 38 States including the Cities of L.A., Phoenix, San Diego, San Francisco, Denver, Washington D.C., Miami, Orlando, Tampa, Chicago, Atlanta, Oahu, HI, Indy, Boston, NYC, Minni/St. Paul, Charlotte, RDU, Nashville, St. Louis, Portland, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Cinncy, Arlington, VA, Richmond, VA, SLC, Seattle, Milwaukee and Madison WI.

You're so full of crap Ben, just deal with the numbers, it's reality, bandwagon white trash . . . thy name is ku.  

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Nice anecdotal story, but it's complete bullsh*t.  KU alums make more money than K-State alums, and KU's classes are much tougher than K-State's.  Your university is basically a glorified junior college. 

pretty sure the star told me they didn't.  oh my bad.  sample size was too small, asked the wrong people etc.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
These numbers are hilarious.  First of all, nice sample size of less than 2000.  Next, only 29% of the respondents were K-State fans, meaning your average is weighted more significantly by individuals.  Also, approximately 60% of the respondents were men, and men make up to 20% more than women who have the same job.  Last but not least, K-State grads relocate to hot spots like Topeka, Wichita, and Kansas City, while KU fans move on to places like Chicago, New York, LA, London, Australia, etc, etc.  

Nice anecdotal story, but it's complete bullsh*t.  KU alums make more money than K-State alums, and KU's classes are much tougher than K-State's.  Your university is basically a glorified junior college.  

Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
These numbers are hilarious.  First of all, nice sample size of less than 2000.  Next, only 29% of the respondents were K-State fans, meaning your average is weighted more significantly by individuals.  Also, approximately 60% of the respondents were men, and men make up to 20% more than women who have the same job.  Last but not least, K-State grads relocate to hot spots like Topeka, Wichita, and Kansas City, while KU fans move on to places like Chicago, New York, LA, London, Australia, etc, etc.  

Nice anecdotal story, but it's complete bullsh*t.  KU alums make more money than K-State alums, and KU's classes are much tougher than K-State's.  Your university is basically a glorified junior college.  

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
If his name wasn't already changed to Oregon, Beems could have changed his name to YugoHawk or KiaHawk.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile

If the KSU alumni association is to be believed, and I don't know why they wouldn't be . . . 51% of K-State alums live outside of Kansas.   K-State has chartered Catbacker Clubs in 38 States including the Cities of L.A., Phoenix, San Diego, San Francisco, Denver, Washington D.C., Miami, Orlando, Tampa, Chicago, Atlanta, Oahu, HI, Indy, Boston, NYC, Minni/St. Paul, Charlotte, RDU, Nashville, St. Louis, Portland, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Cinncy, Arlington, VA, Richmond, VA, SLC, Seattle, Milwaukee and Madison WI.

You're so full of crap Ben, just deal with the numbers, it's reality, bandwagon white trash . . . thy name is ku.  

Yeah, I got handed a stack of a few hundred alums to call for telefund the other week. Most lived outside of KS/MO/OK.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I don't find school's graduates or their income to be the slightest bit interesting or important.

?

Watching youths play basketball against other youths, who have no real affiliation, with anything, is interesting, at least, however.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile

Our electrical engineering department is larger than your entire college of engineering.  It's pathetic.

My brother is a KU grad, installs cable or some chit.  My sister is a KU grad (used to take tests for Darnell Jackson and some others), she's one step above a telemarketer.  Both my parents are KU fans and neither attended.  My family is a walking talking stereotype so perhaps my perception is skewed.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't find school's graduates or their income to be the slightest bit interesting or important.

?

Watching youths play basketball against other youths, who have no real affiliation, with anything, is interesting, at least, however.

i'd really love to meet PoetWarrior someday just to see if he really is really real

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

Not in my degree or most degrees related to my degree.  Not in my wife's degree either.  

KU grads are a joke in my industry, which happens to be an industry that has a lot of $ flowing through it.  

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Zachary Zivnuska really dominated his public speaking test he took today.