Author Topic: Blow huge holes in movies with LSOC  (Read 50323 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Blow huge holes in movies with LSOC
« on: January 22, 2011, 03:36:02 PM »
Okay, in Ferris Bueller's day off, it it is supposed to be the spring semester of his senior year.  And they live out side of chicago, right?  But after Cameron freaks out over the mileage on the Ferrari, and he goes catatonic, they go swiming in ferris's pool.  In March/April in Chicago?  And the pool is already open and they can run around in swimsuits?

I don't think so Mr. Hughes.  Busted!

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Blow huge holes in movies with LSOC
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 03:40:51 PM »
Just read this last night so it's pretty funny that you brought this movie up.

Mr. Rooney was the mean old Dean of Students who spent the entire movie trying to prove that Ferris was skipping school while pretending to be sick. What a mistrustful tight-ass. Why the hell does he care so much if one student takes a day off?

Let's get the obvious out of the way: this is his goddamned job. He is the Dean of Students, not the Dean of Not Giving A Damn. People are always all up the public schools system's digestive tract for not taking a more active interest in their students and that's exactly what Mr. Rooney was doing. It doesn't matter if, on a personal level, he's a dick or not -- he is literally paid with your tax money to make sure kids aren't doing exactly what Ferris did. The kid can go to a museum and drive a sports car on the weekend. During the week, he and the other kids are Rooney's responsibility so they can, you know, get an education.

And you know what? He was right all along. Ferris was skipping school. Worse yet, he lied to his parents and friends about being sick and pretty much got the whole town involved in the farce. He lied, he stole, and he caused millions in property damage by destroying Cameron's dad's beautiful car. That's not adorable, that's just being an egocentric male genitals. It wouldn't have been a satisfying movie ending to see Rooney expose Bueller for his douchebaggery, but it would have been by far the more just outcome. What happens instead is that Rooney loses his wallet and almost has his nipples ripped off by a Rottweiler.

And we're asked to sit back and say, "serves him right for caring about the future of our country!"

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 05:36:23 PM »
John Connor.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 06:03:48 PM »
Watched Commando last night.  When he gets on the plane, he breaks the dudes neck and escapes out the bottom of the plane.  During the entire 11 flight, no one bothered to check on the dead dude or the dude that's been in the bathroom for 11 hours.  Also, he drives a tractor type thing through the wall of a gun store that has all sorts of big ass guns and rockets but no alarm system.  Pretty hard to believe that.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 07:35:40 PM »
Mr. Rooney got busted for Tim Fitzgerald style To Catch A Predator stuff iirc.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 08:03:01 PM »

Yes, he did, but how does that blow a hole in a movie with me?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 08:37:11 PM »

Yes, he did, but how does that blow a hole in a movie with me?

You can't reduce mileage off an odometer by driving in reverse.  Not hundreds of miles, not even six inches.

Offline NXL

• Really Terrible Poster
  • Point Plank'r
  • Fan
  • "A whole lot of places ..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 08:48:41 PM »

Mr. Rooney was the mean old Dean of Students who spent the entire movie trying to prove that Ferris was skipping school while pretending to be sick. What a mistrustful tight-ass. Why the hell does he care so much if one student takes a day off?

Let's get the obvious out of the way: this is his goddamned job. He is the Dean of Students, not the Dean of Not Giving A Damn. People are always all up the public schools system's digestive tract for not taking a more active interest in their students and that's exactly what Mr. Rooney was doing. It doesn't matter if, on a personal level, he's a dick or not -- he is literally paid with your tax money to make sure kids aren't doing exactly what Ferris did. The kid can go to a museum and drive a sports car on the weekend. During the week, he and the other kids are Rooney's responsibility so they can, you know, get an education.

And you know what? He was right all along. Ferris was skipping school. Worse yet, he lied to his parents and friends about being sick and pretty much got the whole town involved in the farce. He lied, he stole, and he caused millions in property damage by destroying Cameron's dad's beautiful car. That's not adorable, that's just being an egocentric crock. It wouldn't have been a satisfying movie ending to see Rooney expose Bueller for his douchebaggery, but it would have been by far the more just outcome. What happens instead is that Rooney loses his wallet and almost has his nipples ripped off by a Rottweiler.

And we're asked to sit back and say, "serves him right for caring about the future of our country!"

You know, this has always bothered me about this movie, especially the stuff about Ferris being a douche.  Which he is?  I didn't like him.  He's that drunk clown at the party that acts like a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) and yet no one can see through him but you (think Barack Obama).

A thing that always bugged me in a movie--a good friend pointed this out recently--is in Empire Strikes Back ...

Han, Leia, and company are being chased by the empire in the Falcon. 

Meanwhile, Luke is receiving his Jedi training on Dagobah.

The movie cuts back and forth between the two, and the two storylines converge at Lando's cloud city AT THE SAME TIME.

So ...

Either the Empire was chasing Han Solo and Princess Leia for months and months and months, or ...

... it only takes a few hours to complete Jedi training. 

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 08:53:03 PM »
Do you think the empire would have just given up or something?  Tons of fugitives have evaded the authorities for months, or more. 

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 09:00:49 PM »

And you know what? He was right all along. Ferris was skipping school. Worse yet, he lied to his parents and friends about being sick and pretty much got the whole town involved in the farce. He lied, he stole, and he caused millions in property damage by destroying Cameron's dad's beautiful car. That's not adorable, that's just being an egocentric crock. It wouldn't have been a satisfying movie ending to see Rooney expose Bueller for his douchebaggery, but it would have been by far the more just outcome. What happens instead is that Rooney loses his wallet and almost has his nipples ripped off by a Rottweiler.

You know, this has always bothered me about this movie, especially the stuff about Ferris being a douche.  Which he is?  I didn't like him.  He's that drunk clown at the party that acts like a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) and yet no one can see through him but you (think Barack Obama).

A thing that always bugged me in a movie--a good friend pointed this out recently--is in Empire Strikes Back ...

Han, Leia, and company are being chased by the empire in the Falcon.  

Meanwhile, Luke is receiving his Jedi training on Dagobah.

The movie cuts back and forth between the two, and the two storylines converge at Lando's cloud city AT THE SAME TIME.

So ...

Either the Empire was chasing Han Solo and Princess Leia for months and months and months, or ...

... it only takes a few hours to complete Jedi training.  

It took the Falcon 3 months to get to Cloud City.

Yes, I looked it up.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 09:01:52 PM »
Do you think the empire would have just given up or something?  Tons of fugitives have evaded the authorities for months, or more. 

It takes a very long time to travel from system to system, even at the speed of light.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 09:16:17 PM »
You guys ever seen that movie District 9?  Seems like there is no way the world would put South Africa would be in charge of that thing.  I mean the World Cup is one thing, but aliens in a slum?  Kind of ruined the whole movie for me.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 09:37:30 PM »
You guys ever seen that movie District 9?  Seems like there is no way the world would put South Africa would be in charge of that thing.  I mean the World Cup is one thing, but aliens in a slum?  Kind of ruined the whole movie for me.

Dammit.  I liked that movie, ruined now thanks to a huge hole in it.  courtesy of Tortunga

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011, 09:54:35 PM »

Dammit.  I liked that movie, ruined now thanks to a huge hole in it.  courtesy of Tortunga

:horrorsurprise:

In animal house, they got a horse into Dean Wormer's office, but after it was dead they were measuring how to get it out the next morning. HOW THE eff DID IT GET IN THE DOOR  :bitchslap:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2011, 10:22:02 PM »
Great thread.

Do Shakes the Clown.

Offline NXL

• Really Terrible Poster
  • Point Plank'r
  • Fan
  • "A whole lot of places ..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2011, 10:31:31 PM »
Great thread.

Do Shakes the Clown.

Well, the box calls it the Citizen Kane of alcoholic clown movies.  That's enough to make me avoid it.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2011, 10:32:54 PM »
Oceans 11:  The decoy truck gets the fake money loaded into and then blown up.  How did they get the fake money down to the vault to begin with?  No way the chinese guy had enough room.  Clooney/Damon didn't have it.  :dunno:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2011, 10:36:17 PM »
Great thread.

Do Shakes the Clown.

Well, the box calls it the Citizen Kane of alcoholic clown movies.  That's enough to make me avoid it.

It's probably the finest clown movie ever made.  LSOC and I consider it among the greatest of human treasures.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2011, 10:37:21 PM »
Great thread.

Do Shakes the Clown.

It's probably the finest clown movie ever made.  LSOC and I consider it among the greatest of human treasures.

I love Bobcat Goldthwait.  He has a standup CD that is amazing

Offline jdagg2003

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2011, 10:51:40 PM »
Not really a Huge hole in plot, but In the fast and the Furious Series None of the stunt cars have drive train, which is pretty common for most movies, but as a movie directed at Car guys alot of guys where PTFO.
also in edward scissor hands the last scene he is carving ice sculptures, How the eff do you get ice blocks up stairs in warm weather with scissor hands?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2011, 10:58:37 PM »
In Zombieland, how do the girls get off the ride when the zombies are coming to get them?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 11:07:12 PM »
water world

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2011, 11:26:34 PM »
water world

How do they refine the oil off of a tanker into gasoline for jet skis'? 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2011, 01:39:36 AM »
Great thread.

Do Shakes the Clown.

At my high school job, the janitor moonlighted as a midget mime.  Well, he was a full-time midget I guess, but worked as both a janitor and a mime.  Anyway, I learned a lot about mimes from Shakes and still own the movie on DVD.

Pete, you may have seen said mime when you were picking up supplies for FamilyReunionPak.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2011, 08:03:36 AM »
Hey, ew. Why didn't they just ride the eagles to Mt Doom in the first place? Is there a starwarzy answer for this?
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."