Author Topic: Landon Lecture  (Read 5701 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Landon Lecture
« on: April 02, 2014, 09:01:22 PM »
Anyone go to the Landon Lecture with Skipper, Schulz, Currie, Dodds, and Bowlsby?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Landon Lecture
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 09:23:51 PM »
Anyone go to the Landon Lecture with Skipper, Schulz, Currie, Dodds, and Bowlsby?

All of these guys gave a Landon Lecture? Wow. Football thread?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 09:32:56 PM »
Not sure what youre getting a MiR.   The last use of landon lecture was a year ago (sept '12).  Figured this was a general sports issue.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 09:35:01 PM »
yes
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 09:37:45 PM »
Not sure what youre getting a MiR.   The last use of landon lecture was a year ago (sept '12).  Figured this was a general sports issue.

Did you miss the question marks? I was asking you about your damn post, your follow up confuses me even more. You asked if anyone went to the landon lecture and then said the last use of landon lecture was in 2012

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 09:38:05 PM »
Yes, was really interesting. Shout out to Bowlsby dissing the SEC
@Trogdor_gE

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 09:40:28 PM »
yes
favorite point?  Was surprised at their candour on the student athlete labor issue?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 09:41:35 PM »
Details boys, sounds like it could have been boss

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 09:44:16 PM »
Some guy found K-State (from NY) because of televised games on ESPN. He seemed to really be enjoying K-State as well. Was a cool moment.  :ksu:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 09:44:30 PM »
http://ome.ksu.edu/lectures/landon/new.html

Not sure if the replay is up yet.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 09:46:30 PM »
I was off to the left and a few times I wondered if DD was asleep, waited to see his pencil flip or some other movement.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 09:48:52 PM »
DeLoss referenced "We own Texas"  :lol:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 09:51:20 PM »
holy crap that was the best for me.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2014, 09:55:16 PM »
holy crap that was the best for me.
for MiR the panel was discussing budgets, UT being huge, etc.  He starts on his point that money doesnt buy wins and pauses to say something like you might have heard a saying.....

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2014, 09:59:02 PM »
DD was very complementary of Currie.  Ssid Currie's method of fundraising, facilities (bonds okay!) Is how he did it at Texas.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2014, 10:00:40 PM »
It was pretty great. I felt like DD was big-timing JC and the Animal a bit. Compliments while also mentioning how Texas was better.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2014, 10:00:54 PM »
Kstatehd.tv is CBS' #1 online network. The espn CEO was dumbfounded

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2014, 10:02:42 PM »
http://ome.ksu.edu/lectures/landon/new.html

Not sure if the replay is up yet.

Thanks. John Skipper was a big get for the LL

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2014, 10:04:31 PM »
Kstatehd.tv is CBS' #1 online network. The espn CEO was dumbfounded
yeah wish there was more answer on new platforms for teir 1-3.   He totally big timed the question about competition.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2014, 10:05:12 PM »
KSU represented well imo. Good questions. A few typical professor  :dubious: questions, but still great overall.  Animal is great.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2014, 10:07:04 PM »
Blackcats on Bowlsby and KSU job

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2014, 10:10:25 PM »
I dont mean to overstate ksu, but we must have some pull with the work JC and the Animal are doing.  This LL was just a vestige of that.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2014, 10:21:56 PM »
I dont mean to overstate ksu, but we must have some pull with the work JC and the Animal are doing.  This LL was just a vestige of that.

It was pretty great. They also talked a lot about paying players and that sort of thing. I wanted to ask a question about just letting athletes market their likeness, but I showed up about 45 minutes after it had begun (prior obligations) and didn't know if it had been talked about.

I thought it was humorous that Animal said he loved the idea of conference teams sharing revenue, but definitely thought that sharing revenue between conferences was a bad idea.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2014, 10:28:33 PM »

It was pretty great. They also talked a lot about paying players and that sort of thing. I wanted to ask a question about just letting athletes market their likeness, but I showed up about 45 minutes after it had begun (prior obligations) and didn't know if it had been talked about.

I thought it was humorous that Animal said he loved the idea of conference teams sharing revenue, but definitely thought that sharing revenue between conferences was a bad idea.
talked about it a bit.  Interesting points, but not alt of disagreement between the panel members.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2014, 10:38:10 PM »
KSU represented well imo. Good questions. A few typical professor  :dubious: questions, but still great overall.  Animal is great.

The professors had good questions though. I was afraid some student would blow it and say something moronic
@Trogdor_gE