Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 654167 times)

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #9975 on: September 20, 2017, 08:58:00 PM »
Who is this Gerso? How does one get so easily flummoxed?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #9976 on: September 20, 2017, 09:43:54 PM »
2-0 :excited:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9977 on: September 20, 2017, 09:58:52 PM »
so is this actually a championship or were people gEin
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9978 on: September 20, 2017, 10:25:17 PM »
I think a shield is an award and a cup is a trophy. Neither are championships I don't think.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9979 on: September 20, 2017, 11:01:31 PM »
Is the big 12 bball tournament a championship?  There's your answer.

Fun win.  Glad some of our new comers had an impact.  Would have liked to see more from Espinoza and Benny, but whatever when you win.  And the reffing....woof.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9980 on: September 21, 2017, 06:12:24 AM »
That was a poorly officiated match

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9981 on: September 21, 2017, 06:46:52 AM »
so is this actually a championship or were people gEin

its like a conference 'ship i think

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9982 on: September 21, 2017, 09:01:57 AM »

Except schools like Fort Hays State and Colorado School of the Mines are also playing in the tournament, correct?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9983 on: September 21, 2017, 09:54:36 AM »
what a game what a night. nothing better than a cup final in Sporting Park.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9984 on: September 21, 2017, 10:29:09 AM »

Except schools like Fort Hays State and Colorado School of the Mines are also playing in the tournament, correct?

look at the energy at fort hays (Cincinnati) stadium in the semifinal. amaze atmosphere. glad we were able to avenge the bearcatcats

cincy goals around 0:50 and 2:00

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9985 on: September 21, 2017, 10:34:53 AM »

That's correct.  Someday I hope to see FC Wichita face off against an mls team.   :pray:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9986 on: September 21, 2017, 10:35:31 AM »

That's correct.  Someday I hope to see FC Wichita face off against an mls team.   :pray:

what's the deepest FC Wichita has made it into USOC?

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9987 on: September 21, 2017, 10:38:28 AM »
both goals were pretty similar in that you had pure sex service from a pure sex old balls grandpa guy delivered perfectly to a pure sex tiny little baby guy who then pure sex one-touched it into the net. wow

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9988 on: September 21, 2017, 10:56:24 AM »

So maybe the Dance is a better analog since the Patriot league gets 'their guy' in.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9989 on: September 21, 2017, 11:18:34 AM »

Was minutes away from heading to the third round this year, but it fell apart in stoppage time and overtime.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9990 on: September 21, 2017, 11:41:01 AM »

Was minutes away from heading to the third round this year, but it fell apart in stoppage time and overtime.

hopefully they can do it soon.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9991 on: September 21, 2017, 11:51:20 AM »

So maybe the Dance is a better analog since the Patriot league gets 'their guy' in.

Except the dance with D2 teams in January.

Why isn't this just the playoffs? And why doesn't American soccer have promotion/relegation?

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9992 on: September 21, 2017, 12:16:49 PM »
the us open cup has been around since 1913.

there is no relegation because it would be catastrophic to any relegated club in the US.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9993 on: September 21, 2017, 01:42:40 PM »
Yeah, the US Open Cup has been going on for over 100 years.

The US doesn't have Pro/Rel for millions of reasons, the biggest reason it will never have pro/rel in my opinion is because owners bought into a closed system single entity franchise and now teams are paying hundreds of millions to earn a franchise and the value of those franchise immediately are tanked when you don't have the promise of staying at the top level of the sport.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9994 on: September 21, 2017, 02:25:14 PM »
Thanks guys. I didn't realize the cup was that old, which is pretty cool.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9995 on: September 21, 2017, 02:45:50 PM »
i'm also 99% sure it's the oldest consecutively played cup competition in the world. Many of the older competitions took pauses during world wars. Not the USOC (i believe)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9996 on: September 21, 2017, 05:49:05 PM »
So NASL is actually working hard to introduce relegation and promotion.  They just started suing people as well.
http://www.espnfc.com/north-american-soccer-league/story/3208590/nasl-hits-us-soccer-with-antitrust-lawsuit-after-division-ii-status-is-revoked

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9997 on: September 21, 2017, 05:53:19 PM »
Fan I think part of the reason I went with the Big 12 tourney is because it's important for teams once they get a couple rounds into the tournament.  Additionally some teams view it as their chance to get into the dance, or with soccer a higher profile and a chance at other tournaments.  Some teams really don't put their effort into the Cup until they get to the later rounds because it risks their players for post season a bit.  So if you're a KSU, ISU, or Texas you might try once you get into the semis or finals, but if you are a lock for the Dance and you are dealing with stuff you might not go full bore in the conference tourney when you are holding for the Dance.

As others have said, this tournament is a bit more important then January basketball, especially once you get towards the end.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9998 on: September 21, 2017, 11:20:04 PM »
Belated thoughts:  That Kevin kid was awful.  Blessing was amazing.  Gerso wasted too many good opportunities.  I watched the trophy presentation on ESPN3 and NYRB had to stay on the field to get their silver medals or whatever.  It was pretty lol to watch them cry while SKC ran around the field celebrating.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9999 on: September 22, 2017, 08:00:54 AM »
So NASL is actually working hard to introduce relegation and promotion.  They just started suing people as well.
http://www.espnfc.com/north-american-soccer-league/story/3208590/nasl-hits-us-soccer-with-antitrust-lawsuit-after-division-ii-status-is-revoked

yeah we talked about that awhile ago. haven't heard much of an update of what's going on with it.