Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 653171 times)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #10000 on: September 22, 2017, 08:02:56 AM »
So NASL is actually working hard to introduce relegation and promotion.  They just started suing people as well.
http://www.espnfc.com/north-american-soccer-league/story/3208590/nasl-hits-us-soccer-with-antitrust-lawsuit-after-division-ii-status-is-revoked

yeah we talked about that awhile ago. haven't heard much of an update of what's going on with it.

and by talked about that awhile ago i mean the lawsuit to force USSF to implement pro/rel, this lawsuit over losing DII status is new.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #10001 on: September 23, 2017, 02:40:44 AM »
So NASL is actually working hard to introduce relegation and promotion.  They just started suing people as well.
http://www.espnfc.com/north-american-soccer-league/story/3208590/nasl-hits-us-soccer-with-antitrust-lawsuit-after-division-ii-status-is-revoked

yeah we talked about that awhile ago. haven't heard much of an update of what's going on with it.

and by talked about that awhile ago i mean the lawsuit to force USSF to implement pro/rel, this lawsuit over losing DII status is new.

Yeah a lot here thought the move was going nowhere.  I think it's interesting how the USSF and MLS are acting without regard for FIFA rules with their various waivers, as I understand it.  I think promotion relegation would be tough, but the soccer model we have is definitely going the way of the big sports ownership model we have in the US and I'm not sure that is best for the sport here.  For as much as Twellman was jerking of Cinci during the LHC championship it would be nice to see special teams who can make it for a few years get on the main stage.   
Ultimately, I don't think this lawsuit will do much in reality.  The USSF might have to cool it on waivers and on paper make it look like they are playing nice with the NASL. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10002 on: September 23, 2017, 09:11:27 AM »
While I think in a perfect world being able to snap our fingers and have a viable 5 tier professional pro/rel system with SSS and die hard support good ownership and full time academy programs from coast to coast in big and small cities like in Europe I don't think the franchise model is overly detrimental for soccer in America.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10003 on: September 23, 2017, 09:12:29 AM »
Also NASL is going to fold after they lose DII status so after their lawsuit fails USSF won't have to worry about them at all.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10004 on: September 24, 2017, 08:32:19 AM »
Canary and I will be there today!

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10005 on: September 24, 2017, 08:37:59 AM »
Any of you other magnificent bastards going?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10006 on: September 24, 2017, 09:36:09 AM »
I can't think of another time when a team just completely fell apart mid season like fc dallas this year. It's amazing to watch

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10007 on: September 24, 2017, 09:37:43 AM »
They haven't won a single match since July, and have been outscored 23-8 since then

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10008 on: September 24, 2017, 10:37:21 AM »
I can't think of another time when a team just completely fell apart mid season like fc dallas this year. It's amazing to watch
Yeah this is insane.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10009 on: September 24, 2017, 10:49:06 AM »
Cool so I'll see you guys there. Awesome.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #10010 on: September 24, 2017, 12:40:40 PM »
Zardes at right back today lol

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10011 on: September 24, 2017, 01:14:20 PM »
dang, kinda hoped we'd get a Gus cameo today. in my mind's eye he'd see peter looking svelte as usual on the sideline, and give us a very literal HE'S IN SHAPE!

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10012 on: September 24, 2017, 01:52:00 PM »
We are kicking their ass

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10013 on: September 24, 2017, 02:11:13 PM »
Zardes at right back today lol

i guess i didn't realize how big of a lolwtf deal this is. our gameplan is painfully obvious: send 11 dudes at zardes, score easy goal. rinse repeat

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10014 on: September 24, 2017, 02:45:31 PM »
sigi schmid is offensive to my eyeballs

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10015 on: September 24, 2017, 03:00:25 PM »
he's a total grossout

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10016 on: September 24, 2017, 03:48:24 PM »
Is Matt besler dead?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10017 on: September 24, 2017, 05:31:16 PM »
Is Matt besler dead?

I know you meant the head butt, however he had absolutely nothing today, he was tapped out and l was pretty disappointed not top see EPB to start the second half.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10018 on: September 25, 2017, 01:26:36 AM »
I don't want to belabor the point, well actually I do. It is stunning how little impact Lobato has on matches he plays in, I'm relatively certain he didn't have a single touch in the first half.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/players/cristian-lobato

He's played over 360 minutes since he was last fouled.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #10019 on: September 25, 2017, 09:31:02 AM »
Yeah Lobato hasn’t done much. Typically haven’t seen our mid season signings have much impact. I’m hoping we see  improvement coming into next season.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #10020 on: September 26, 2017, 10:25:36 AM »
Yeah Lobato hasn’t done much. Typically haven’t seen our mid season signings have much impact. I’m hoping we see  improvement coming into next season.

yep.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10021 on: September 26, 2017, 10:47:23 AM »
v excited for the match on saturday night.
vancouver is playing at seattle super late on wednesday night, and we have a much needed week off  :love:
73 degrees, 0% chance of rain, getting down to 59 overnight  :love:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10022 on: September 26, 2017, 03:40:29 PM »

yep.

Yeah, agreed. I don't want to see him starting again until March

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10023 on: September 28, 2017, 01:01:13 PM »
vancouver got their few remaining teeth kicked in last night. so saturday are we going to face an exhausted/deflated bunch of denim dans, or a dangerous wounded animal (maybe a beaver or some type of water fowl) backed into a corner?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10024 on: September 28, 2017, 01:06:23 PM »
sporting is going to get 3 points and cement in as the number 1 seed in the west. That being said, has there ever been a point discrepancy between the East and West like this season?